We just switched from vBulletin to Xenforo

Ad Above Message List
Overall, a big thumbs up on the choice of platform and the changeover grace. Thanks to Howard and frail for your careful attention (and whoever else may have helped). đź‘Ť

I love how responsive the forum is now. vBulletin was slowwwwwwww...

I must agree that the new forum is much better and my thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. New system is much more reliable and faster.

How do I DELETE a post I made on the new forum? Thanks!

Post a link and we will delete it for you.
Ok. Did this change sometime after the new forum started? It seems like the new forum originally did have the ability to delete my own posts. Thanks.

Ok. Did this change sometime after the new forum started? It seems like the new forum originally did have the ability to delete my own posts. Thanks.

I believe it changed a few days ago.

I think it happened when they were making some other changes with the moderator badges and showing totw winners on usernames.

All set

oh I think the thread was deleted.... as opposed to posts in it?

How do I DELETE a post I made on the new forum? Thanks!
You only have a limited time frame to delete a post yourself, but the mods can delete posts at any time. If you need help, reach out to a moderator.

You only have a limited time frame to delete a post yourself, but the mods can delete posts at any time. If you need help, reach out to a moderator.

Testing.

It doesn't offer the delete option anymore.... it stopped about 3 days ago.

Capture.JPG

That's no longer the case. I wanted to delete it immediately after posting, but the ability to delete wasn't an option.

That's no longer the case. I wanted to delete it immediately after posting, but the ability to delete wasn't an option.

Like Serial said contact one of the moderators if you need any posts or threads deleted.

The entire thread is now gone. Can you please restore the thread? Thanks.

Are you looking to delete certain posts? Your link was for the whole thread not a particular post. It’s been restored.

Are you looking to delete certain posts?
Yes. As requested, I provided a link to the exact post. Maybe the forum software messed up the exact link I posted?

EDIT
No, when I tap the link I provided, it goes to the exact post.

Yes. As requested, I provided a link to the exact post. Maybe the forum software messed up the exact link I posted?

It brought me to the beginning of the thread. Are you looking to delete the very first post?

So, is there no way to bring back the ability to delete your own posts like was available in the beginning after the new forum was introduced? I don't think I use any other forum without this ability.

Back