Unlocked phone suggestions

Looking for suggestions for an unlocked phone under $200. No Iphones. No Tracfone phones. 2022 or newer. I looked on GSMArena and found several phones but not sure what ones would work in the US. Thanks.

Looking for suggestions for an unlocked phone under $200. No Iphones. No Tracfone phones. 2022 or newer. I looked on GSMArena and found several phones but not sure what ones would work in the US. Thanks.

Hi haymeadowfield,

We read your post, and we want to address your concern. We don't have the option to unlock. If you want to process the unlocking, we just need to check the IMEI of the phone to do so.

To check if your device is eligible to be unlocked, you can visit our website at https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com and enter your phone number or serial number. You can also text the word UNLOCK to 611611. For further assistance, please contact us via this chat link https://www.tracfone.com/support/contact-us, or call us at 1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Alex
TracFone Wireless

OP, which providers / networks are you planning on using it with

at least to start off with?

In that price range best bet is a phone specifically designed for that network (does not mean locked).

Better than "factory unlocked" for maximum compatibility, esp WiFi Calling and Visual VM.

Phones subsidised by a provider can be really good deals and may not require staying on that particular plan too long.

e.g. TF is ideal for other VZW providers too and only requires waiting 60 days after activation
a $15 plan is enough for that.

And great deals can be found on phones that were not long ago "flagship" status, even Pixel which is 100% compatible with all networks and rarely ever locked.

I've picked up dozens of mid-range Moto's average cost ~$50, Samsung low end not much more, Pixel-7 and Pro, also Galaxy S23 Ultra for under $150 near release time, 6x Pixel 6a for $20 each, all of these brand new

Personally I find eBay best for buyers, sometimes even "as new" network-specific models are sold unlocked after the fact.

SlickDeals and Prepaidcompare.net are two good sources to stay on top of.

Otherwise your budget might be too low for a good model within your criteria, but you can just browse BestBuy and post links for feedback here.

Looks like the XT2205-1 model is the VZW whitelisted one

Ideally also the one sold as "factory unlocked".

The XT2205- part will be the same, it's the final digit that's critical.

I would advise asking the seller for the IMEI and/or doing some deep Googling to check you're getting the right variant.

I found an eBay listing "open box unlocked" where the IMEI was displayed and it passed not only VZW but even Visible!

That "should" mean the 5G bands match VZW's but not necessarily, so research which are activated by that variant's ROM - IF you can find accurate info on that, not necessarily from Moto directly. also - UW ?

There are 256GB variants too, more expensive ofc

I had just looked at that phone with in the past 1.5 hours. It was 139.99. I see they jumped it up.

I had put it in my cart when I looked at it earlier. Just went into the cart and it was at the lower price, so I bought it. 139.99 plus tax

I see 2 listing. 1 new for $195 and a refurb for $140

Weird stuff going on here, but if you scroll down other options, below all of the used phones there is a new one shipped by Amazon.

Attachments

• UNTITLED.jpg
    UNTITLED.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 31
Just looked again and, if you scroll down in the $195 listing, it shows $140. Was able to add to cart.

LOL...I just got a PM from our good buddy Alex offering tech support in solving my issue here. I guess Tracfone has their tech support in such good shape that they are branching out to solving Amazon pricing issues. :cool:

Last edited:
I was looking at the specs for the Galaxy A13 and this Moto Edge 2022. I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference. Looking for opinions on which one would be a better phone.

I was looking at the specs for the Galaxy A13 and this Moto Edge 2022. I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference. Looking for opinions on which one would be a better phone.

I'm looking at the comparison A13 vs Moto Edge 2022, I see quite a few differences. The biggest is storage and RAM, A13 has only 32GB/3GB RAM but has microSD card slot, the Edge has 128GB/6GB RAM but no microSD card slot. Next is single speaker (A13) vs stereo speakers (Edge) which makes a difference if you use the phone to play music or watch videos/movies. A13 has LCD screen which has less-vivid colors than Edge's OLED screen.

I'm looking at the comparison A13 vs Moto Edge 2022, I see quite a few differences. The biggest is storage and RAM, A13 has only 32GB/3GB RAM but has microSD card slot, the Edge has 128GB/6GB RAM but no microSD card slot. Next is single speaker (A13) vs stereo speakers (Edge) which makes a difference if you use the phone to play music or watch videos/movies. A13 has LCD screen which has less-vivid colors than Edge's OLED screen.

From everything I have read about the 2022 Moto edge, it says it does not have a microSD card slot. But in the Amazon listing it states

"Storage: Comes with 128GB built-in storage and support for microSD cards up to 512GB for extra capacity."

I am sure the listing is wrong. I will post if it is right.

I had put it in my cart when I looked at it earlier. Just went into the cart and it was at the lower price, so I bought it. 139.99 plus tax

Please give us an update after you receive your phone. Support for micro SD card? Is it unlocked? Some reviews say they couldn't activate on Verizon. And anything else you can tell us.

Back