Tracfone Rewards Program

With Total Wireless, AAL is now 5,000 pts. Not sure how much it was before. I created a new TW account with an iPhone11 on 4/25/24. Got 100 pts for Port-In, 1000 for signing up with TW Rewards, 5000 for being referred. I'm trying to decide if it's worth extending service past the 1st month for the points to vest.

Was your TF line the referee, did you get the points.

Was your TF line the referee, did you get the points.
This is on Total Wireless, not TF. I got a referral code from Reddit.

Understand that, was just wondering if it was a TF code.
Its format XXXX-XXXX is identical to that of a TF code but it was posted in Reddit's Total Wireless subforum.

It seems the most you can get is 140 points from the regular games, testimonial and social media. The testimonial (survey) states 25 points on the graphic but only gives 20 points. I guess Social media is twice a month so 240 points per month total.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
It seems the most you can get is 140 points from the regular games, testimonial and social media. The testimonial (survey) states 25 points on the graphic but only gives 20 points. I guess Social media is twice a month so 240 points per month total.

View attachment 174773

As far as I can tell, social media is two 50 point postings per month for a total of 100 for that activity:

1714753502167.png

So I believe the max per month from activities is 140 (not counting wins from spin the wheel or scratch-off when available).

As far as I can tell, social media is two 50 point postings per month for a total of 100 for that activity:

View attachment 174777

So I believe the max per month from activities is 140 (not counting wins from spin the wheel or scratch-off when available).

Yeah I guess you're right. I haven't been playing consistently lately. And I just started a couple of months ago after not doing it for a bit.

If feels/seems i get it more frequently than that sometimes.

Capture.JPG

I can definitely check it since i have another account that is fresh (hasn't been used in 8 months) and I'll see if it gives me two more during the month. And then more in the next month.

Last edited:
I seemed to know that yesterday btw for some reason (lol).

I bet I will get two more in May in that image above.

(this forum is so fast)

Last edited:
I just tested it on one of my accounts that had not reached one month yet. I clicked two shares, and I got one 50 point added thus far:

1714772632304.png

Perhaps this can be done sooner to accelerate the points.

Got my last 2 iPhone 11 using the rewards. Cannot get referral points on them. Says "We are sorry but the 14-day period has passed"

Got my last 2 iPhone 11 using the rewards. Cannot get referral points on them. Says "We are sorry but the 14-day period has passed"
That has happened to me. It seems TF tracks the activation date by IMEI. If the refurb phone was previously activated on TF then you get that message. When you activate a refurb you either get a "Welcome to TracFone..." text message or a "Welcome BACK to Tracfone..." If you get the Welcome BACK message you know the phone was previously activated on TF and that's what causes the problem.

It's not all bad news though. When I have encountered this I go to the tfwunlockpolicy website and request an unlock. I've gotten most of these unlocked within 2 or 3 days. It seems their unlocking system also uses the original activation date so if 60 days have passed since that date they will unlock it.

I have one iPhone that was originally activated on TF with T-Mobile and that phone won't unlock for a year. So sometimes it's really bad news. No referral points and a year of service before it unlocks...

That has happened to me. It seems TF tracks the activation date by IMEI. If the refurb phone was previously activated on TF then you get that message. When you activate a refurb you either get a "Welcome to TracFone..." text message or a "Welcome BACK to Tracfone..." If you get the Welcome BACK message you know the phone was previously activated on TF and that's what causes the problem.

It's not all bad news though. When I have encountered this I go to the tfwunlockpolicy website and request an unlock. I've gotten most of these unlocked within 2 or 3 days. It seems their unlocking system also uses the original activation date so if 60 days have passed since that date they will unlock it.

I have one iPhone that was originally activated on TF with T-Mobile and that phone won't unlock for a year. So sometimes it's really bad news. No referral points and a year of service before it unlocks...
Yep says welcome back. Send an email to TracFone corporate. Hopefully will get some resolution.

Did Tracfone referral just stop working again? Had one referral today, but not seeing points added.

Last edited:
More like, has ANY Reward category ever worked consistently over time the way it's advertised?

No.

You must waste time wrangling with support, maybe even filing complaints with BBB, FCC etc in order to even just get part of what is promised

More like, has ANY Reward category ever worked consistently over time the way it's advertised?

No.

You must waste time wrangling with support, maybe even filing complaints with BBB, FCC etc in order to even just get part of what is promised
Understand all the inconsistency (occasionally). but I remember sometime last month, during which a lot of referrals didn't go through, and on a later day all the referral points just appeared in the account, which probably indicated a backlog or system delay. Just trying to figure out if this time falls into the same.

Did Tracfone referral just stop working again? Had one referral today, but not seeing points added.
I have done a referral in about a week. My last referral worked fine. Did your friend get points? Did the Rewards website accept the referral phone number? Did your friend get an error message?

Back