T-Mobile 5G Speed Test Results

That's good service. The typical worse times are in the evening (5-8pm) in many areas, as home internet traffic is low priority. That being said, home traffic for me can vary from as poor as 350Mbps to as high as 600Mbps. Typical is 400-550.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using HoFo mobile app

They live in the middle of nowhere in rural Alabama and are probably the only ones using the site!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

That's a good thing at times.
While I don't live in a rural location, the sector of the nearest has very short range/coverage (0.5 miles), which is all residential, while the other 2 covers a couple miles, schools, and apartments.
As a result, performance is quite good. Sites that have full backhaul get better than 1gbps ... And also typically have more traffic.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using HoFo mobile app

Christmas Eve at LAX

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231224-062210.jpg
    Screenshot_20231224-062210.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 109
Never seen much over 2Gbps down, and for sure never seen +200Mbps up. Thats rocking.
Sadly, Xmas night, my site took a hit, and service was lte b12 or 71 only from another tower. 1 bar service, -120dBm. Offshore tech claims no issues found.

Looks like TMobile having some strangeness in SLO/SB County
Roaming on At&t at Arroyo Grande? 310-120 B26 at Pismo Beach?Screenshot_20240107_114229_CellMapper.jpgScreenshot_20240107_115129_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpg

Just dumped Verizon’s unethical selves and ported everything I had to T-Mobile. This is the site that serves my home.

IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0032.jpg

Say what you want about T-Mobile. I ported out over five years ago and just came back. Very impressed with their network. Got this in the middle of the woods near my house in the middle of nowhere in Georgia
314ae3c349ffed752cdd8e076d5f24e6.jpg
0db6652d161f59da083dedb541e306d9.jpg

Say what you want about T-Mobile. I ported out over five years ago and just came back. Very impressed with their network. Got this in the middle of the woods near my house in the middle of nowhere in Georgia
314ae3c349ffed752cdd8e076d5f24e6.jpg
0db6652d161f59da083dedb541e306d9.jpg

I've also noticed huge improvements in the network as well. It's clear that they are moving to cover all Americans, and not just when they stay in their houses.

Say what you want about T-Mobile. I ported out over five years ago and just came back. Very impressed with their network. Got this in the middle of the woods near my house in the middle of nowhere in Georgia [/IMG]

To get UW c-band, must still be a tower within a couple miles ?

I live in the woods in the middle of nowhere in Georgia but for some reason T-Mobile has a site here. Not much around but a reservoir and woods.

Same here.

Since very little of the town was covered back in the day, few locals subscribed, and the roads in reach might get five cars in an hour.

huge backhaul capacity all to myself, was always much faster than any wired internet provider for 50 miles around.

I had T-Mobile from 2004 to 2018. Just ported back. I won’t say they are perfect but have come a long way. I know people complain about their rural coverage but I live in Georgia now and grew up in very rural Alabama. I still have family there. Since this is a speed test thread I won’t necessarily hijack so I will add T-Mobile has some very strange rural build out in these two states with super fast speeds for some reason. I don’t mean towns just off the interstate I mean small towns with populations under 100 that they have built coverage in. Just look around their coverage map and you will be surprised at the coverage and speeds they provide with N41 in these places.

Just got this on my road coming home from work
58a8422225ac9d57c296c59332ecee9e.jpg

Well if T-Mobile had a legacy GSM network there to begin with, it's not hard to make n41 match the coverage.

The only areas they're going to really have issues are the sites only spaced for n71, but even putting n41 on those sites will give those on the cell edge better speed due to taking load off of n71 where it can cover, and since the include n2 in the "UC" coverage, it'll go a lot further than it did before.

I had T-Mobile from 2004 to 2018. Just ported back. I won’t say they are perfect but have come a long way. I know people complain about their rural coverage but I live in Georgia now and grew up in very rural Alabama. I still have family there. Since this is a speed test thread I won’t necessarily hijack so I will add T-Mobile has some very strange rural build out in these two states with super fast speeds for some reason. I don’t mean towns just off the interstate I mean small towns with populations under 100 that they have built coverage in. Just look around their coverage map and you will be surprised at the coverage and speeds they provide with N41 in these places.

Just got this on my road coming home from work
58a8422225ac9d57c296c59332ecee9e.jpg

Much has changed in 10 years ... Especially since 2018. LTE b12 +B71 gave some capacity, and range, allowing for simpler rural build out without as huge of gaps as PCS/AWS. Add in 5g, and Sprints +100 MHz of spectrum, and you get a lot of speeds wherever it is deployed. N41 rural may not cover everything, but in many cases, 1900/2100/2500 MHz are on the same panels, and 600/700MHz are on the same panels, making a simpler to deploy/support design.

Much has changed in 10 years ... Especially since 2018. LTE b12 +B71 gave some capacity, and range, allowing for simpler rural build out without as huge of gaps as PCS/AWS. Add in 5g, and Sprints +100 MHz of spectrum, and you get a lot of speeds wherever it is deployed. N41 rural may not cover everything, but in many cases, 1900/2100/2500 MHz are on the same panels, and 600/700MHz are on the same panels, making a simpler to deploy/support design.

My parents live in the middle of nowhere in Alabama and T-Mobile just put a site next to their house. Nothing but cow pastures for miles and miles. No internet is available there so I signed them up for TMHI. This is what they get on it.
20231225_101445_IMG_7851.jpg

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using HoFo mobile app

Yup... location, location, location.
Its often ironic that places in many rural areas are better served than parts of some towns/cities.

Yup... location, location, location.
Its often ironic that places in many rural areas are better served than parts of some towns/cities.

It'd 100% make sense for T-Mobile to pounce on these opportunities now though, as if they can capture market share with a cheap "good enough" product now.. people see how good the home ISP is and how much effort T-Mobile has put into their area.. they're likely to try T-Mobile over Verizon or AT&T for their cell service too

Sure, some will swap the ISP service to Fiber, but for a vast majority of people the 5G home will be at the correct price point for them to not even give the Fiber a 2nd thought once it rolls out.

I agree. Just like most customers are urban, most customers will want tonl keep costs low(er). Where possible, TMobile should be deploying all of their services on their infrastructure, especially if they are replacing older. That still doesn't mean they'll cover everywhere or some places as well as the other 2.
Screenshot_20240211_100058_Speedtest.jpg

Back