new FreedomPOP (GSMA) free plan SIM spotted at target

Kits are now available from Target for $1:

1715136650857.png

I decided to get two more at that price. I am going to let my GSMA line expire since its in the same account as my GSMT line. Hopefully that will prevent them from canceling my GSMT line for having two lines with the same address.

Then I can create a new GSMA line with a new account and address.

Last edited:
I just tried to renew my GSMA which expired yesterday. It said, "free plan renewals are blocked".

So I contacted chat. They said: "Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Our advanced technical support team is actively investigating and addressing this issue with urgency. I will personally escalate this to our management support team to ensure swift resolution and restore your service."

After about 7 minutes, the rep came back on the chat and said: "Our support team has manually applied the plan and your account is active now. "

I checked and my plan had been extended by a month.

Got the remaining bank account tied to my FP GSMT number switched to another number. Now I can let my FP GSMT line die or use it for a deal that requires a port-in and just one month of service.

Reactions: brg
Wondering if anyone using 100/100/100 sim plan is paying the $1/mo voicemail fee, and still having the inactive/suspended account issue at renewal? If you pay one dollar per month for voicemail, then account is no longer free right - so hopefully/maybe it will automatically renew like my original old sim did? Probably wishful thinking. still curious?

What happened to auto renew for the free plan? I have to use the app. I hit the red renew and it plays an ad and nothing happens. I had to chat and then I had to record a video of the screen showing just that. After multiple attempts and finally emailing the video, they then reset my account. What a PITA.

FP has succeeded in running me out of their free plans. I had one GSMA and two GSMT lines. Ported out the GSMA and one GSMT line a few weeks ago. The remaining GSMT line will be ported out this Friday when my Total Wireless iPhone11 is delivered.

What happened to auto renew for the free plan? I have to use the app. I hit the red renew and it plays an ad and nothing happens. I had to chat and then I had to record a video of the screen showing just that. After multiple attempts and finally emailing the video, they then reset my account. What a PITA.
Yes been this way for months.

You need to do this every month.

Just the way it is.

Total scam company, best to move elsewhere

Reactions: RFK
Although I can't guarantee it.... the restriction probably doesn't rule out a T-Mobile MVNO as an intermediary, but a specific restriction about moving from Red Pocket to FreedomPop, or vice versa.

For AT&T or Verizon, Tracfone, MobileX, or H20 should be possible for around $11 + tax.
Port the number to US mobile for the free one month trial then port again.

I'm going to hop through whatever hoop they request. They're going to have to have the courage to actually take the plan away if they want me to stop using the service.
Agree. The manual renew process sucks, but it could be worse and, optimistically could get better.

I have to laugh at " #1 cell service for seniors".

$2 for 100mb top up, $10 for 1 gb top up. How about getting in line with others. I might consider if it were $2/gb.

$10 /GB for PayGo is in line with TF but that rolls over, and the 24GB UNL plans trended cheaper.

MobileX put the pressure on.

But there are still many that are lots pricier.

I agree the slogan is a joke but the main reason is they are predatory scammers.

I think harks back to their dreams of ACP money

the website has become really glitchy the past couple of months. logging you out frequently and then not accepting new attempts to log back in. It seems purposeful. I did not have the app installed but now customer service forces you to screen record attempts to fix problems before they escalate it

Attachments

• fred.jpg
    fred.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back