Finally HD voice between T-mobile users

WiredGuy

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Verizon Wireless
Device(s)
Verizon Galaxy S6
It's confirmed on reddit. Anyone noticed?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Last edited:
What's the connection to Verizon?

Guessing it's finally working between verizon phones and tmobile phones. It's been working between verizon and at&t for years.

Not working for me while physically in Miami, Florida, calling from my Verizon (954), or AT&T (310) to my T-Mobile (212) Number, or back and forth between any combination thereof.

Not working in Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Seems like it may be live here in Atlanta. Spoke to my friend who has Verizon on this past Saturday(08-24-19) and he sounded a LOT better than he normally does.

Thank goodness!!!

Don't know here in eastern iowa. Don't know for sure if t-mo actually has volte up here for that matter (they bought iwireless fairly recently, which had not even begun volte at purchase time let alone hd).

Regular (non hd) volte already sounds quite a bit better than 1x did here; vzw has plenty of customers in iowa city, and they managed to squeeze all 1x *and* evdo onto 1 cellular band (so as a consequence they really tuned the 1x in town for capacity rather than voice quality.)

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

No longer hd voice to T-mobile users in nyc.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

In the areas it is or was working can anyone confirm the codec used? EVS or AMRWB.

SF Bay Area here, no VoLTE as far as I know. VZ->T-MOBILE call quality still sounds bad.

I think you meant to say "no HD Voice". VoLTE simply means the call is taking place while connected to an LTE signal.

SF Bay Area here, no VoLTE as far as I know. VZ->T-MOBILE call quality still sounds bad.

Agreed. I’m sorry but it’s almost June and frankly I can’t talk to people on T-Mobile. I just can’t understand what they’re saying. It’s nearly as bad as a landline.

Agreed. I’m sorry but it’s almost June and frankly I can’t talk to people on T-Mobile. I just can’t understand what they’re saying. It’s nearly as bad as a landline.

Agree 100%.

Even though T-Mobile has 20% coverage for 5G in the US, if the phone calls are so bad you don’t even want to talk to people on that network it’s irrelevant.

Back