Bring your own device - why is the Samsung Galaxy A52 not supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoogerEater

Carrier(s)
MetroPCS
Device(s)
Samsung Galaxy A52 5g
The A32 and A53 are supported. Why would Google Fi skip the A52 when they support the preceding and subsequent models?

Your statement seems to contradict itself. First you say it is supported and then you say it isn't. Please explain.

Your statement seems to contradict itself. First you say it is supported and then you say it isn't. Please explain.

Sorry typo. I mean to say that both the A32 and A53 are supported but not the A52. I edited the original post.

I can think of at least 2 reasons it is not supported: Either it lacks some of the required frequencies/bands required by the carrier or it hasn't gotten approval from the carrier yet.

Some phones are manufactured/marketed for foreign markets and in addition, the carriers require the manufacturers to submit their devices for testing by the carrier ahead of time. Several years ago, as long as the phone supported the correct frequencies/bands the carriers were not as picky, but times have changed over the years. In the early 2000's I owned more than one phone model that At&t did not sell/endorse, but they worked without any trouble as long as they were compatible. There wasn't as much approval required by the carrier as it is today.

Time to lock an old thread that hasn't been commented on since 2022 until today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back