Adding an active phone to a TF website account?

Can one still add lines to an empty account?

I am getting a strange message - Code not Verified

Can one still add lines to an empty account?

I am getting a strange message - Code not Verified
I don't know of any way to do it currently. I've even tried to transfer service to a new device in an inactive account and the surface is transferred to the new device correctly, but the device doesn't get added to the empty account.

I don't know of any way to do it currently. I've even tried to transfer service to a new device in an inactive account and the surface is transferred to the new device correctly, but the device doesn't get added to the empty account.
OK - so customer service is no help I guess?

I had an old Tracfone Android app, it gave me that old pop up to add a line saying you have no lines, then returned "Code not Verified". The updated Android app directly says "Something is Wrong".

Customer service chat told me to call the number, saying that in the chat they can only verify via SMS to an active line in this account, but over the phone they'd have more ways to verify my account even if it's empty. I actually got scared for a bit since this unattached line started giving an error for the "Balance" SMS to 611611, but after a couple of hours it seems it corrected itself, and now does show the proper balance in response to "Balance". I exhaled a bit here!

OK - so customer service is no help I guess?

I had an old Tracfone Android app, it gave me that old pop up to add a line saying you have no lines, then returned "Code not Verified". The updated Android app directly says "Something is Wrong".

Customer service chat told me to call the number, saying that in the chat they can only verify via SMS to an active line in this account, but over the phone they'd have more ways to verify my account even if it's empty. I actually got scared for a bit since this unattached line started giving an error for the "Balance" SMS to 611611, but after a couple of hours it seems it corrected itself, and now does show the proper balance in response to "Balance". I exhaled a bit here!
I think a line without an attached account would fail to get balance update from 611611, which keeps saying something like "Try again in 30 mins", until it's merged to an account.

I think a line without an attached account would fail to get balance update from 611611, which keeps saying something like "Try again in 30 mins", until it's merged to an account.
So mine remains unattached it seems, but did start to show the balance correctly. Wonder if something had to by synced inside the Tracfone system.

Customer service chat told me to call the number, saying that in the chat they can only verify via SMS to an active line in this account, but over the phone they'd have more ways to verify my account even if it's empty.
One could try calling in, but I haven't seen positive reports from people who did. In theory, they could verify the account by sending a code to the email address attached with it. But that doesn't mean they will.

It's been years since my account was verified via email.

Knowing the dates / amounts of the last few transactions using the card on record

and/or for where a line remains, a few of the numbers most recently called

were verification methods used more recently

If I had an active line I could move I would give it the old try but my lines are weighed down by a pending AAL.

Last week, I did a chat and then called the TF corp office about adding a deactivated TF branded device into an empty account that is accumulating points.

Both chat rep and corp rep stated no problem sending verification code to email of account but I would have to reactivate the phone and it will need a new sim first and rep was willing to send it.

Basically it seemed to be suggested devices/lines can only go back into empty old accounts with new sims. Or maybe it is just deactivated ones I don't know or remember everything reps stated.

If I had an active line I would just call the TF corp office and see if they could move it in.

Last edited:
If I try to add a deactivated device that i might want to activate to the empty account, I don't get anywhere.

Capture.JPG

Anyway, might be easier trying to do this with an active line and TF corp office.

1 800 626-4883 x3324 ymmv

Last edited:
I am currently unable to add an active line to an account with another active line in it. First it didn't like the phone number or IMEI. Then, after it finally accepted the phone number and I put in the verification code, I'd get an error message. Hopefully, this is temporary. I will try again later.

I am currently unable to add an active line to an account with another active line in it. First it didn't like the phone number or IMEI. Then, after it finally accepted the phone number and I put in the verification code, I'd get an error message. Hopefully, this is temporary. I will try again later.

I was able to do this a month ago with iOS app as I recall after a line I removed from account on website (and tried to add to empty account) got trapped in the void.

Thanks. I know Tracfone can be glitchy in general so I will try later on the website and if that doesn't work, I will switch to the app.

Same issue with one of my non-empty accounts a while ago - couldn't add an active line after verification code either via the website or TF app. After a few days, I could add the same active line to that account.

In my case the website (with active line) would not work for me but the iOS app did.

In my case the website (with active line) would not work for me but the iOS app did.
I received the same error adding a line on the website today, then switched to the iOS app and successfully added the line to an account with another active line. I redeemed points for data, which seemed to take longer than usual to update, but eventually did.

Moving an active line to a non-empty account is pretty straightforward, which I've never had problem with. First remove the active line from its account, if not yet. Do Add Line in the desired account, then Merge an Existing Line.

Moving an active line to a non-empty account is pretty straightforward, which I've never had problem with. First remove the active line from its account, if not yet. Do Add Line in the desired account, then Merge an Existing Line.
Yes, I have done it many times before. Never had a problem until yesterday. Both yesterday and today, the website gave an error message at the last stage.

Yes, I have done it many times before. Never had a problem until yesterday. Both yesterday and today, the website gave an error message at the last stage.
I just moved one line into another account today and redeemed pts for plan, without an issue. So it might just be something with your account or line.

Back