Thread: Sending contacts to Camry phonebook via Bluetooth

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Sending contacts to Camry phonebook via Bluetooth

I just got a 2007 Camry with a hands-free system for using a Bluetooth phone. The system has a "phone book" feature, and it lets me populate the phone book by sending categories or individual contacts from the 650 Contacts application. And when I follow the instructions on p. 60 of the 650 manual ("Sending information over a Bluetooth wireless connection") it seems to work. But all that comes over to the Camry phone book is the contact names. I don't get the numbers. This is whether I "Send Category" or "Send Contact." I can't tell from reading the Camry manual whether this is a limitation of its Bluetooth system or something happening at the 650 end. I'd appreciate any input on this, even if it's just some wild hunch.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Check the phone "type" for your contacts. I was having an issue with the phonebook refresh function in my Camry; I noticed that I was missing contacts in the phonebook on Camry 2012 with Entune 2.1 from my iPhone 6. Here's what I found:
    If you have your iPhone 6 automatically create a contact with a phone number as opposed to doing it manually, it defaults to a phone type of "phone". When you attempt a phonebook refresh, the new contact will not appear in the Camry phonebook. What I found is that the phone type for a contact created either automatically or manually must be restricted to one of the following types: "home", "work", "mobile", "iPhone" (considered as “mobile”), or "main" (considered as “other”). Any other phone type (standard or customized) on the iPhone that is selected will prevent inclusion in the phonebook. It's not an issue with Bluetooth connectivity or the phonebook refresh function; the issue is the car phonebook not being able to process the contact because it cannot handle the phone type.