Thread: Desperately seeking transparent faceplates/covers for X800...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Desperately seeking transparent faceplates/covers for X800...

Hi all,

I recently purchased Panasonic X800, and while I love all of its features, I really hate the white cover that it comes with. It does have an extra black one, which I like better than the white one, but the phone looks really ugly when you replace it, since the back of the phone is still white. In any case, I'm looking to buy some extra ones so I can at least make my own design. Does anyone sell those or know where to get them?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Come on... Nobody knows where I can get some extra faceplates?! Is it possible to get it directly from Panasonic? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Thumbs up Solution

Hi Vratner,

I have a solution, however it is a little bit laborious. But there is no other solution as there is no possibility how to get transparent covers.
    You somehow have to remove a printed layer on the cover.

There are two ways, both of them works pretty well as the printed layer is only some sort of color:

1. Use a thinner. Put the cover into some thinner over the night... Then the color should be removed by a spounge or fine brush.

2. Use an abrasive paper. You should use a very fine abrasive paper to remove the color and then a more fine abrasive paper than the first one to polish the surface.

Both methods are tested and the results are fine.
    Last edited by sendog; 07-21-2006 at 01:09 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ohhh kool thanks for that, i needed to know how to get a clear faceplate too cheers sendog