Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember the N-gage???

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Anyone remember the N-gage???

So i was in gamestop yesterday wanting to trade in my 17 dollars worth of PS2 games on a new game. I was holding the godfather in my hand when i looked down and saw the ngage qd for 49.99 and i thought why not? im tired of my psp games being so expensive and the games are only 3 bucks and really addicting.

So my question is this. It came with a Cingular lingo on the box and a cingular sim and 10 bucks of GoPhone credit. I was wondering if anyone know that i could trade it out for a tmo sim i get off ebay because theyre cheap. Cingular is a jip i think and they make you pay for everything does anyone know how to get around this or something? Or a place to get cheap refill cards? I have a real phone but itd be nice to use this one for internet. thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Lol, so you don't even have a current plan at all?

I think that cingular go-phone is the easier pay as you go service, but idk.

I'd highly suggest just setting up a monthly plan. Its obvious that you don't need much, I'd suggest a 400 minutes plan, I'm sure you could get it for very cheap.

You'd also have to unlock it for T-mobile, you'll either have to send it out or possibly find/buy the code online (arround 5-10 bucks).

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    i have a phone service already i just want to try tmo because im thinking of switching. is that true that i need codes? i just cant stick a sim in?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'm pretty sure that if it says cingular on it then its locked to cingular. If you've got a friend with t-mobile you could borrow his sim card to see if it'll work in the N-gage. If it is locked to cingular then you will need to get the unlock codes.

So, you just went to gamestop and they had n-gages in stock for 50 bucks? Might have to pick one up for a fun backup phone.

Possibly even sell it on ebay, they sell for arround 100 I think.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    yeah i know! it was like 35 bucks after i gave them two ps2 games and i also got tomb raider but that was like 3 bucks. The guy had to go in the back and get it and it was covered in dust and the packaging was discolored but it works great. i love the symbian OS.

I dont know if theyre locked to cingular. it has the cingular ringtone and thats all i can find of cingular on it.

Feedback Score
    I still have my QD from two years ago. And I still use it (as a phone tho, not to play games).

To my surprise, this phone is built TOUGH! I once dropped it while I was on top of an escalator. As it tumbled down, every piece was falling into pieces. Luckily I was able to recover them all (oh the embarrassment!). Then once I was able to piece them all again together, the phone worked just as good as the first day I got it.

And yes, I'm THAT careless with my phones. hehehe

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (nokia 6680 + Dell Axim X50V: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Quote Originally Posted by brendan007
    So i was in gamestop yesterday wanting to trade in my 17 dollars worth of PS2 games on a new game. I was holding the godfather in my hand when i looked down and saw the ngage qd for 49.99 and i thought why not? im tired of my psp games being so expensive and the games are only 3 bucks and really addicting.

So my question is this. It came with a Cingular lingo on the box and a cingular sim and 10 bucks of GoPhone credit. I was wondering if anyone know that i could trade it out for a tmo sim i get off ebay because theyre cheap. Cingular is a jip i think and they make you pay for everything does anyone know how to get around this or something? Or a place to get cheap refill cards? I have a real phone but itd be nice to use this one for internet. thanks.
    n-gage is a smartphone after all

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Nokia N-Gage QD
    Carrier(s)
    Airtel, Bharti Telecom India
    Feedback Score
    N-Gage QD is a great phone well ahead of its time. but you can't compare it with N95 (but most people do and then complain that QD lacks many features) what they ought to think the difference in time when the phones were launched.
    the important thing is that QD still has a place in my heart i still have it and am proud to use it.
    still some of my friends ridicule me for using it
    i love my QD

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    i still love my ngage, but yeah dont use it anymore...

Device(s)
    xv6800 (Soon)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I wasn't really a fan. It had a bunch of games, but most looked/were pretty bad. I think that it was ahead of it's time as well, but the physical design/profile is what killed it in my mind. I'd rather have a PDA brick up to my head than an N-Gage.
    I wish verizon didn't have the best service and the worst phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    hey dont insult the taco! lol

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i gave my n-gage qd to my ex-gf...well my gf at the time an she never gave it back to me =[

oh well li now got the n81 an its my new n-gage =]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran
    Online petitions are about as useful as the iPhone.
    DOUBLE BURN
    My Feedback
    eBay Feedback

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperkind
    i gave my n-gage qd to my ex-gf...well my gf at the time an she never gave it back to me =[

oh well li now got the n81 an its my new n-gage =]
    ouch that must suck.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_wing0
    ouch that must suck.
    yeah it does a lil but thats ok cause the n73, n93, n95, and now my n81 have mended my broken heart since loosin my qd

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperkind
    yeah it does a lil but thats ok cause the n73, n93, n95, and now my n81 have mended my broken heart since loosin my qd
    lmoa having new phones always help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast