Thread: NOKIA 6265i Q & A Thread

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question NOKIA 6265i Q & A Thread

I noticed a lot of people starting up threads with different questions I think it is time a Q and A specific thread was set up so all questions and answers can easily to located. instead of numerous threads all over the place. So ask away.
    Osu

Device(s)
    Motorola KRZR
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Is there a 3rd party MP3 player program for the phone? Like a java app that people use?

Feedback Score
    I just got back from talking to my dealer, was told that if I hack the phone, warranty is void. True?

Also, what exactly is the "GPS" function of this phone? I know that it is crippled under the Telus GUI but is it a good GPS system similar to that of a car?

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes it is true regarding the warranty and your best bet is to back up the original stuff on the phone before you do any hacks. In any case you need to take it bak you can just put it back to factory settings. but on the flip side I bet yeah most dealers will not know if the phone has been hacked or not except for maybe the different UI.

About the GPS so far as I know it will not work like a GPS in a car and it is a functionality thatis suppose to help pinpoint your exact location but at the moment TELUS does not support it....someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Ace II
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone NZ
    Feedback Score
    If the problem is attributable to your hacking, sure. If the board fries and it has nothing to do with the software, nobody would know it had been hacked.

Could you clarify your question about the GPS? US networks 'GPS' capability is based on towers' system software and the phone both keeping the system updated with the physical location. As you stated, TELUS doesn't currently have this ability...they can check proximity to towers, but it's a different system. Cars use satellites for GPS, and are entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by jotti
    I just got back from talking to my dealer, was told that if I hack the phone, warranty is void. True?

Also, what exactly is the "GPS" function of this phone? I know that it is crippled under the Telus GUI but is it a good GPS system similar to that of a car?

Feedback Score
    How do you get full screen videos on the phone? I converted them using that free program described in the previous forum. IT works, but when you view full screen, its not actually full... it has a border around it

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    jotti,

Quote Originally Posted by jotti
    Of course, since when we can avoid consequences? This is why I always urging people to R E A D and S T U D Y with patience, to B A C K U P everything before modifying / hacking.

http://207.210.82.131/showthread.php...98#post7383398
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Feedback Score
    Do any of you cover the camera lens with any protector or anything? It's probably a stupid question, but this is my first camera phone and want to make sure I don't mess up the great lens.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dp365
    How do you get full screen videos on the phone? I converted them using that free program described in the previous forum. IT works, but when you view full screen, its not actually full... it has a border around it
    As per my experiences, videos can only be 176x144 and any configuration I've tried at 240x320 have all been useless on the phone.

There's a lot that can be done to the video file itself to improve quality and such but getting full resolution doesn't seem to be one of them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus mobility
    Feedback Score
    Hey just want to know which bluetoth headset would work with the 6265i in regards to listening music from it. Since the phone had a option of palying through a bluetooth headset.

THanx
    Telus finally give in for the rogers corp match it plan.
    Telus heads up.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone been able to name their memory card? I can't for the life of me change it from "NO NAME" to something else.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Go to MY ALBUMS select options when you're over the memory card folder, rename your memory card, turn the phone off, turn the phone on.

I just changed the name of my SD card from my digital camera's default name "G500-SD" to "A" with no trouble.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiihuey
    Hey just want to know which bluetoth headset would work with the 6265i in regards to listening music from it. Since the phone had a option of palying through a bluetooth headset.

THanx
    chiihuey,

The problem is that 6265i DOES NOT support A2DP or High Quality Bluetooth Audio profile. So even if you could listen to the music played via any Bluetooth headset, it would be AM broadcast kind of quality - even if you use a pair stereo-capable Bluetooth headset... No stereo, no fidelity.
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 07-12-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thematt07
    Has anyone been able to name their memory card? I can't for the life of me change it from "NO NAME" to something else.
    thematt07,

You can try with your computer (+ flash memory card reader), PDA (that takes SD card) to achieve that (Use the SD card adapter and stick it into the SD card slot). I also rename my flash memory cards when I first use them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbotron
    Do any of you cover the camera lens with any protector or anything? It's probably a stupid question, but this is my first camera phone and want to make sure I don't mess up the great lens.
    Jumbotron,

I would not worry about that because the actual lens is behind the "square window". It is the protection. All you need to do is to clean the window regularly.

BTW, I would not call the lens "great" because it cannot still compare with the optical quality lens used by a "real" camera. Also, I do not know if your 6265i has the "orange / brownish" color hue in the centre region of pictures / video captured. This issue has been reported by many fellow 6265i owners - including myself under bright light conditions.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast