Thread: Sprint $25 Referral problem

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Sprint $25 Referral problem

Second time I signed someone up for Sprint ( for SERO) and the second time InPhonic chose to ignore the port request. I called and yelled at them about their stupidity but they said they did not want to honor the port request because they didnt want me to suffer from a disrupt in service and sent me directions on how to port my number with Sprint after I received my phone.

Last time InPhonic did this and I had to port in my old number the referral did not work because the number wasn't associated with a "new activation" by sprints referral system.

Anyone else experience this? Any work arounds?

I was thinking about doing the referral thing before porting in the number but wouldn't that also not work because it asks for 15 days of activation and by that time I will have ported in the new number and thus rendering the old number inelligible?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    are you a sprint employee?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No, just a schmuck who uses sprint and tells friends about SERO to help them out, so they are not paying outrageous cell phone bills.

Nevertheless, if I refer someone to SERO I should still be able to get $25 referral bonus and so should the new subscriber. But inphonic and sprint make it a royal pain in the tuckus.