Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NEW M600i Firmware available from update service

Device(s)
    K700i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    I only received the phone yesterday. After spending about an hour looking through the menus, entering settings for data access, pairing bluetooth with my computer. I only discovered 2 problems 1) the ridiculous amount of time spent showing a Windoze style egg timer after telling it I wanted UK English after switching on the phone for the first time (I assumed it had crashed, but fortunately didn't attempt a reset, then after about 2 minutes it continued). 2) Once I got the internet working, I got a few low battery warnings when it had 87% charge, then it switched itself off.

These were the only problems I discovered.

Since the update, I found that it still displayed the egg time for a ridiculously long time when first switching it on again (no improvement at all). I have not had any low battery warnings so far.

I'm amazed how fast Bluetooth 2.0 is! I used the address book in Mac OS X to send all of my contacts as v-cards to the phone (304 cards, some with addresses etc), and it took about 3 seconds. Unfortunately Apple haven't supported the M600i with iSync yet, so I've now got to work out how to get my calendars across and I'll be sorted.

I haven't had a chance to see what 3G browsing is like, as my house is in a small partch without 3G signal (due to a hill I think).
    Last edited by bilbo__baggins; 07-15-2006 at 02:35 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

R4a

Just had my phone firmware updated to R4A from R1A. Not totally sure but I think I am disappointed!

1. Still have the problem of my Jabra BT headset not keeping the bond and having to power off the phone and restart the process from the beginning. Also getting failure with Kern 3 even though it succeeds. Callers now complaining a bit about the sound whereas last night on R1A the Jabra, while the process was flawed, at least sounded amazing.

2. Still cannot get the headset to recognize voice dialling from contacts.

I am totally in love with the phone visually, tactile, and other ways, but to have this many bugs, and be this difficult to set up is ridiculous.

Giving it another few days then returning to my PEBL and H500 perfection.

If any of you have any other ideas about 1/2 please let me know!

Cheers,

Roger

Device(s)
    Moto Droid - DroidMod 1.0
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure, maybe it's just the placebo effect, but the internet browser seems to load up faster. That's about all it fixed from the previous firmware for me. I haven't had a BT problem since I updated to the previous firmware, but then again I use an SE BT headset(HBH-610) so that won't help anyone with a non SE headset.

Device(s)
    SE M600i
    Carrier(s)
    MY-MAXIS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kman79
    Date is 6/28/06; 2:35 AM central time, just so people have a reference as to when this update was done.

Didn't get a chance to see what version I had prior, but I know yesterday when I reflashed it it said I had the current firmware, now there was an update available

Phone: CXC 162037 R3A004
    Bluetooth: CXC 162058 R3A01
    Organizer: CXC 162071 R3A06
    CDA: CXC 162011/2 R3A03

I haven't had much chance to play test it out. I've been having issues with the phone freezing up with the messaging portion of it, hopefully this fixes the problem. Let me know what you guys think of it
    Being a newbie to symbian, just got my m600i 2 days ago. My set has the above firmware/software whatever its call. My question is :

Is it necessary/need to update it?
    If yes, where to find the update and how?

Really need advice. Thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    i just updated mine

PDA: R3B01
    Phone: R4A002
    BT: R3A01
    CDA: R3B01

is this the newest one? just did an update on se... i didnt notice any glitches on the previous firmware that i was running, but i think battery life is slightly improved not sure
    My Feedback
    128+ Ebay | 58+ Hofo

Device(s)
    LG VX-8550 Blue Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    anyone know when we will be getting our blackberry connect back?

Device(s)
    Imate PDA2k
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

BB Connect

Already is, check the usual web sites. such as www.blackberryforums.com or my-symbian.com

Device(s)
    SE M600i, P990
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    @bilbo__baggins

May help to reflash you phone (honest). Also run your battery down and charge it over night to improve its calibration. Also when you reflash remember to make sure your battery is fully charged first. For some reason a second flsah can help or a Master Reset (remember to back-up first). Also if you don't use on screen hand writing the turn it off, it improved the speed of the device.
    Jah

Device(s)
    i9100 Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i am updating mine now. how long does this usually take? all of the progress bars are full and it is still updating the phone. it must be 30 minutes at least now.
    SEE MY FEEDBACK HERE
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=579659

past phones:
    Entirely too many phones to list...the search continues

Device(s)
    SE M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    not sure if mine took THAT long but it sure does take long...
    the downloading took forever (i wonder what the actual size of the file is) and updating too forever.... i'd say give or take 20 minutes....
    be patient and wait and see~
    R.Ph.

Device(s)
    i9100 Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks for the advice.......but i couldnt wait. it all the green bars were full and half an hour later it was still updating. i pulled the plug and reinstalled the battery and all was well. it actually took the upgrade. downloading took about 10 minutes, but the update was at least an hour before i pulled the plug

Device(s)
    Moto Droid - DroidMod 1.0
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On average, half an hour to DL and update, if it's seems like it's stuck I give it an hour and unplug it. Every time I've pulled it when it says its still going, everything has been fine. I would however flash twice. No harm in doing it twice, for some reason the phone is better after flashing twice back to back, could just be me though.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700, 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    srry for the newbie question.. but how i check the firmware number/version my m600?

thx

Device(s)
    SE M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    more -> Status then scroll down

Device(s)
    m600i
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I just recieved my phone Friday, but I was out of town, So I am just now charging it. And thats basically ALL ive done to the phone. Im looking on sonyericsson.com to get the software upgrade. But I cant find it. I cant even get the m600i anymore. So can sumone please help WALK me thru it? This is my 1st real PDA, Ive had the sk2 since march 05. Thats as complicated as I have ever gotten.

If some one has the time, could you PM me, or even just on AIM, ToYCeLi8

Thank you,
    David

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast