Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Users: Problem that's specifically related to Verizon?

Feedback Score

Verizon Users: Problem that's specifically related to Verizon?

If you're having a specific problem related to Verizon, such as getting ringtones to your phone, or bypassing a Verizon-specific lockout, feel free to ask them here, or http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294

The above forum is the Verizon-specific Motorola section, in the Verizon forum. Most of the users there are Verizon-Motorola users, and can help with specific Verizon questions.

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    verizion
    Feedback Score
    with the help of alot of nice posts i have gotten my new v3m phone to transfer files both with the cable and bluetooth, got the backlight screen in a continous setting, but how the heck do i get the videos to over 15 seconds....
    LIFE IS GOOD IF YOU LET IT BE

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The mods have read my mind - I was gonna suggest a subtopic like this Thanks mods!!!

Operation Lifesaver presenter - Look, Listen & Live - www.oli.org

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    This is a reminder that cross-posting will not be allowed. Please do not post your question in the Verizon Moto forum if you already posted it here (and vice versa). Duplicate threads may be locked or deleted without notice. Thanks !
    "Do you want a piece of me lady?" - Dr. Phil
    More of Dr. Phil's Words of Wisdom

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS!

Only in Pennsylvania could a toll collector make $21 dollars an hour!
    Good-bye toll collectors: Now I've got

"Kennedy's car has killed more people than Cheney's gun ."

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-R9-1_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.107 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

How do i access the service inbox on my v325 and how do i get games off the wap browers

Device(s)
    V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Verizon problem: They are fascists.

Peace

Device(s)
    Tmo Touch Pro 2 Cooked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to get rid of the Verizon banner during initial startup on the V3c?

Device(s)
    verizon motorola razr V3MS
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (new)
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if anyone (much) is reading this forum, there haven't been many posts, or replies. If i don't get a reply in a few days, I would like to cross post if there's another place where i might get an answer. So far i haven't come up with anything using the search engine, though the problem may be with my search terms. Anyway, if i do cross-post, please feel free to delete the one on THIS thread.

my question has to do with the window display on the front of the phone when it's closed. I have a cingular/former ATT RAZR and in that front window, what it shows is the same photo i have on my desktop or regular homescreen. It's sort of a miniature version of the main display. A little over a week ago, i signed up for Verizon and am still in the 15 day testing period. i still have my cingular/ATT account for now.

For some reason that's beyond my limited imagination, Verizon fixed it so the desktop picture will not show in the small window on the front--they prefer you to have a not very appealing looking orange and red solid background, with your desktop info, time, date, etc. The picture caller ID works, so the little window is capable of displaying photos in Verizon, but not the desktop photo.

I guess this is a small issue in the greater scheme of things (not being able to transfer data to and from my computer is a more important one, and i've found lots of info on that by using the search engine). Still, it was something i liked a lot about my RAZR phone which Cingular/ATT sent me earlier this year when my V551 died, through the equipment insurance program.

If there's a workaround for this where i can get a photo to show up in the small display, i'd really like to know about it.

I am switching to Verizon because I need more minutes, I tried TMobile 1500 for about $45 a month, sweet, unfortunately, no reception in my home or at my office, So I cancelled after a few days. I have a great deal on Cingular/Former ATT, my nights start at 7pm, free mobile to mobile, 1000 minutes, $55 including taxes and fees. Unfortunately, i've been regularly going over my minutes every month and my bill is huge.

So, i would have to upgrade to a 1350/month plan on Cingular, which would require a new contract and i'd lose the special perks that the ATT salesman gave me on the eve (literally the very night before) Cingular took over ATT, i'd lose 7pm nights, those things.

And i've not been as pleased as i'd like with Cingular, it's mainly been getting a voice mail alert only to find the voice mail came in two days before and this is the first alert i'm getting and my phone is with me all the time, so why didn't it ring?

So, because Verizon has a good rep for reception I tried it and it's been working well. And i really love the FREE voice dial where i can say any number, not just numbers programmed in to my phone, and it will dial, it works well, it can hear me easily, it's fast, i used to pay $3 a month for a service that did that on Cingular but it didn't work well at all, more trouble than it was worth, i didn't use it, too much hassle, too inaccurate.

I also like Verizon's VZNavigator, i work in my car a lot, driving to places and it will come in handy. So....it looks like I'll be sticking with it.

I hope Verizon will ease up on some of these manipulative restrictions designed to get you to buy their stuff, and their other restrictions such a not letting you have a photo on the front, a feature Motorola intended it to have.

Also, i wonder why they won't let you have a ring/vibrate setting? They want longer battery life? it sux that they choose for you instead of letting you choose.

Another one is caller ID blocking. On ATT I could choose the setting, on or off, default. Then Cingular made it so it would only default to caller ID blocking off, unless you dial *86 first, which i always forgot. On Verizon, they have to set it up in their office, one way or the other. The choice isn't on the phone.

The Verizon tech guy told me on the phone when i asked, that they won't let users program the soft keys (except the down key) because when they used to allow that, users were screwing up their phones and then calling tech support to get it straightened out, and he implied that it took too much tech support phone time.

I guess it's just another cost cutting profit making design thing.

Feedback Score

Help!!!!!!

I guess I dont know where to start. I have a MAC and just bought the Krzr K1m through Verizion and I cant get anything to work. I didnt know that in order to get the drivers for Moto phones you have to get MPT which is only PC specific. I have a new MACbook can someone please tell me what I need to do to get my phone working through usb and bluetooth so I can use my phone as a modem, transfer music, sync to my address book and calander, and transfer photos.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (new)
    Feedback Score
    sorry to not have a good answer for you, but just want to say that i don't think this is a useful thread. i don't see anyone responding to this thread. But there are lots of informative active threads on these subjects that i found using the search engine,. using terms like mac, file transfer, bluetooth, USB. There are some warranty-voiding hacks you can do to have these things work, and i thikn someone got just iSync to work without hacking. It's been months since i read it, or one month actually, and there was a lot of info to absorb and sort through, for me, being naive about all of this. Always before, my cell phones just did these things, i never had to do heavy research to get them to work.

good luck, look for the forum that is just related to mac and verizon if you can find it.

here it is. It was sadly closed by moderators because i think it reached a size limit, in october 06, maybe a new one has started although i wasn't able to find one at the time. I hope a new one has started, it was very active and helpful in finding out what i was dealing with.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...&page=50&pp=15

here's a list of thread links

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=945963

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaw444
    ...just want to say that i don't think this is a useful thread. i don't see anyone responding to this thread.
    that is because the idea of this thread was not for questions/answers... but rather point you to a more appropriate SECTION to actually post your question.

The vast majority of the Verizon/Moto uses hang/post in the Verizon/Moto section -> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294

SO That is where 99% of the threads/info dealing with Verizon/Moto phones are...

Btw, your question about the orange outside LCD has been discussed MANY MANY times in that section.... there is a SEEM EDIT to fix that... Seem 2742, Bytes 0000, Record 1... Offset 94 Bit 7 - VZW V3C .04 outside LCD - Check to be ORANGE, Uncheck for Graphic....

For more info see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/E815-V3C-Popular.htm
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnblklove
    I guess I dont know where to start. I have a MAC and just bought the Krzr K1m through Verizion and I cant get anything to work. I didnt know that in order to get the drivers for Moto phones you have to get MPT which is only PC specific. I have a new MACbook can someone please tell me what I need to do to get my phone working through usb and bluetooth so I can use my phone as a modem, transfer music, sync to my address book and calander, and transfer photos.

Thanks.
    see -> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1015267

its over in the Verizon/Moto section... hence why the initial posting of this thead points you there if you have a Verizon/Moto phone...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (new)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    that is because the idea of this thread was not for questions/answers... but rather point you to a more appropriate SECTION to actually post your question.

The vast majority of the Verizon/Moto uses hang/post in the Verizon/Moto section -> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294

SO That is where 99% of the threads/info dealing with Verizon/Moto phones are...
    Thanks for clarifying. At the beginning of this thread, it says "you can post your questions here..." and i misinterpreted that to mean there would be discussion or some kind of response here--such as yours, thanks. Until yours i didn't see any responses to any questions. i didn't get the part about, if you want a response, post in the other forum.

i just saw the part about not cross-posting, if you ask here, don't ask over there.

Btw, your question about the orange outside LCD has been discussed MANY MANY times in that section.... there is a SEEM EDIT to fix that... Seem 2742, Bytes 0000, Record 1... Offset 94 Bit 7 - VZW V3C .04 outside LCD - Check to be ORANGE, Uncheck for Graphic....

For more info see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/E815-V3C-Popular.htm
    Wow, thanks. That sounds really simple. I looked at your page about seem edits and understand that i can't do seem edits on my Mac. I do have an old Windows machine but it's Windows ME . you said XP or 2000 only. At least if i can find someone who will let me use their XP/2000 computer, there is a way of fixing this problem, which sounds very straight forward. Also, i'm likely to get a MacBook Pro in the near future, so then i'll have XP on that, so there is hope some day.

I think people on that long Mac/RAZR V3 thread said they were doing seem edits with bitpim, but i didn't find any discussion of them doing that particular edit replacing the orange display with a photo--not to say it wasn't there and i missed it. I did search the forums for threads, but i seem to have used the wrong search terms. i think i didn't use LCD, i think i used display as a term.

That that Mac/V3 thread, which dealt a lot with the Verizon limitations, was so long and active shows there's a real need for the discussion, but it finally got too big and was closed. i haven't been able to find a new one since then. It was closed right around the actual day that i signed up for verizon.

I am going to check the Verizon/Moto section as you recommended and see if i can find any Mac help there. thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (new)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnblklove

Thanks.
    Did you check out the Official Mac/K1M KRZR thread?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1015267

i don't know if it will help. I have a V3m but i'm hoping maybe there will be some overlap of resources and i can ask questions about my V3m phone/Mac issues there since the Mac/V3m thread is closed.

Just wondering, have you used your Windows OS on the MacBook with the MPT to edit the phone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon (new)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture

Oh...now i remember how i got to this thread back when i first got Verizon and the limited RAZR. I had gone to the link you post here (to the Verizon Moto links), and i'd found the Official Mac/V3m thread but right at that time, the mods closed it for over size limit, so i couldn't ask questions there. Then i ended up on this thread, but it didn't turn out to be like that Mac V3m one with lots of ongoing active discussion and responses to questions.

I can try asking mac related questions on those other forums and hopefully some people will know some answers. But that one about the outer LCD, that's fortunately not Mac specific. If i can just find a Windows machine to use, i can try that seem edit so i can see my photo again like on my cingular VC3. thanks again. at least i'm not completely going around in a circle, not on that subject at least, and it's important to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast