Thread: new phone line-ups?

Device(s)
    n82
    Carrier(s)
    rogers at&t
    Feedback Score

new phone line-ups?

hey guys,

i hav a se w550i that i bought from a retailer not too long ago (january-ish) for 420$ and not that much longer i see that rogers is havin a promotion on a new phone......the w600! wen i bought the w550 i wanted it to b the only w550 around (lik a w900 owner) and never thought in a million years that rogers would start selling ANY of the walkman collections. now the w550, which looks identical to the w600, is lik the next moto razr! (no affense to razr owners or w600 owners) and on top of that my w550 is starting to hav minor problems, and im thinkin of switching to the yet to come w850, but im afraid wat happened to my w550 will happen to this phone. just want to kno if theres some sort of way of figuring out the types of phones will b release by retailers such as rogers ahead of time so that i kno which phone to get so it wont become known as a "common" phone....thx in advance

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i (HTC Kovsky)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada) | Vodaphone (Australia) | M1 (Singapore) | AIS One-2-Call (Thailand) | AT&T (USA)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vince_lu
    hey guys,

i hav a se w550i that i bought from a retailer not too long ago (january-ish) for 420$ and not that much longer i see that rogers is havin a promotion on a new phone......the w600! wen i bought the w550 i wanted it to b the only w550 around (lik a w900 owner) and never thought in a million years that rogers would start selling ANY of the walkman collections. now the w550, which looks identical to the w600, is lik the next moto razr! (no affense to razr owners or w600 owners) and on top of that my w550 is starting to hav minor problems, and im thinkin of switching to the yet to come w850, but im afraid wat happened to my w550 will happen to this phone. just want to kno if theres some sort of way of figuring out the types of phones will b release by retailers such as rogers ahead of time so that i kno which phone to get so it wont become known as a "common" phone....thx in advance
    honestly the easiest way to find out is to read the forums frequently. Furthermore the rule of thumb generally is, SE has a strong North American market so you can count on it coming to a Canadian provider along with most Nokias and pretty much all Motos

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    the best thing for you to do next time is to get something in the high-end range
    so rogers wouldn't reach you...
    suggestion: n80, n91, n92, p990...i am pretty sure that rogers won't have them in the near months

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    if its for sony ericsson or motorola, you can always check their own websites as they always have upcomming models on their site months in advance. Theres only been one or two phones on sony ericssons site that they listed that actually werent sold here in canada.

another suggestion like someone else said is to watch these forums like a hawk and see whats new and exciting.

you can learn new things everyday here on hofo.
    Past Phones:
    LG: TG800, TU720, TU915
    Motorola: A1200, C332, C350, K1, T720, U6, V3, V3i, V60, V66, V70, V300, V360, V361, V400, V551, V600, V635i, Z3
    Nokia: 3120b, 3220b, 3390, 5190, 5300b, 6061b, 6101b, 6103b, 6126, 6131, 6133, 6160, 6230b, 7270, 8390, 8801
    Samsung: D606, D820, E316, M620, P207, T609
    Sony Ericsson: T200, T637, W300i, W600i, W710i, W810i, Z200, Z600
    BlackBerry: 8100, 8900, 9700
    Apple: iPhone 3G 8GB, iPhone 3GS 32GB

My Feedback

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada) | Vodaphone (Australia) | M1 (Singapore) | AIS One-2-Call (Thailand) | AT&T (USA)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inclemental
    the best thing for you to do next time is to get something in the high-end range
    so rogers wouldn't reach you...
    suggestion: n80, n91, n92, p990...i am pretty sure that rogers won't have them in the near months
    see thats good advice however there is a flaw in it...rogers may or may not get that model buuuttttt if they did...say you paid 900 for it, with the rogers subsidy, for just the unit, would make that 900 purchase worth more like a 500 dollar purchase. But of course if you dont mind that then go with it, but yeah thats a risk you are going with

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Simple. Get a phone that doesn't have 850mhz, like the w800.

Then, you'll have sucky reception, but hey, you'll be unique! And having a cellphone that's unique is much more important than good receiption...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    see thats good advice however there is a flaw in it...rogers may or may not get that model buuuttttt if they did...say you paid 900 for it, with the rogers subsidy, for just the unit, would make that 900 purchase worth more like a 500 dollar purchase. But of course if you dont mind that then go with it, but yeah thats a risk you are going with
    this brand would help you...i am 100% sure that rogers wouldn't get it...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    LMAO vertu!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ahh yes of course...go qtek!

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score

LOL

Can you imagine Rogers one day getting a Vertu fone. Relations nbr(s) would be ringing off the hook w/ people wanting it for less than $199 and no renewal. No wait... they'll want it free with 1yr fos (and they'll all be HoFo folk )

Last edited by Synncere; 06-23-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Synncere
    LOL

Can you imagine Rogers one day getting a Vertu fone. Relations nbr(s) would be ringing off the hook w/ people wanting it for less that $199 and no renewal. No wait... they'll want it free with 1yr fos (and they'll all be HoFo folk )

quick where's bubble.tea LOL hehehehe kidding

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    u gotta pay some price to be exclusive...

or else don't complain about everyone having the same thing as you do...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    u gotta pay some price to be exclusive...

or else don't complain about everyone having the same thing as you do...
    yuppers thats the thing...

for me however its all about warranty...thats why i am itchng for the new hp so i can have an active warranty

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    honestly the easiest way to find out is to read the forums frequently. Furthermore the rule of thumb generally is, SE has a strong North American market so you can count on it coming to a Canadian provider along with most Nokias and pretty much all Motos
    comparatively speaking, SE has a very weak hold on the NA market.

the best advice is to keep informed with their website, because they are the only company that flaunts a launch 5 months before it actually occurs.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leof
    comparatively speaking, SE has a very weak hold on the NA market.

the best advice is to keep informed with their website, because they are the only company that flaunts a launch 5 months before it actually occurs.
    you;re right, SE didnt have a strong hold on the NA market until the launch of the walkman edition phones...

i beleive this was talked about by TREATZ in some kind of article that someone found, but i remember him showing something about SE's profits or something like that and how they have increased a whole lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast