Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: LG VX8300: WAP Settings and WAP Homepage Tutorial v2

Device(s)
    LG Vx6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    anyone that has it working able to post a link to their files they edited for wap? perhaps it something wrong in the settings?

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    all 4 different ports, both primary and both secondary should be the port you set in hottproxy (default is 9201). your homepage you can put to whatever but to test it out make it http://homepage and then it will use your homepage that you set in hottproxy. just to get it working make your username your 10 digit phone number and your password vzw good job on forwarding port 9201 in your router to your computers ip, make sure you are doing that right if you dont know what your doing maybe tell exactly what oyu did and what you forwarded to..how you found out your internal ip, etc. on the PHONE all of the proxy addresses should be your PUBLIC ip of your phone so IT WILL NOT BE a 10.0.x.x address or a 192.168.x.x address those are INTERNAL addresses. if you dont have a static ip which there is a good chance you dont get a account from somewhere such as dyndns.org

one last thing to check, make sure in hottproy your not setting your homepage to http://homepage In hottproxy you have to set it to an actual address...set it to http://www.hottproxy.com ALSO make sure there are no spaces after any of your information!
    T-Unit

Device(s)
    LG Vx6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok i figured out the problem...i was trying to access the internet through the lgvx8300 Get it now menu and get news and info..thats why i was getting the error message. I just used the email under messaging and its working perfectly

Device(s)
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think i have everything set up right but i'm getting a network signal was lost message and i can't ever connect. Any help would be greatful.

Also how do you do this.........

NOTE: If you are behind a router, you will have to forward the port so that you can access it from the internet. All routers have different methods but you have to tell it to forward your computers internal IP Address (i.e. 192.168.1.5) and the port
    Last edited by echo1985; 06-23-2006 at 10:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    OK - What should the IP address in the phone at Menu Zero WAP settings 1 Primary Address and 2 Secondary Address I assume it should be the public IP address Correct??
    Thanks!!

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You guys this stuff has been gone over quite well I dont understand how you are having problems? Of course it has to be a public ip, if it was your internal ip how the hell would your phone be able to find anything its not hooked up to your internal network...?!?!?!?!

I mean im sorry, i dont mean to sound like an *** but you guys really need to do a little trial and error, mess around with stuff and try to figure things out on your own for a few hours before you come and post every little question. Some of the questions in here I am starting to see are just getting a little bit....i dont know.....ridiculous...

Device(s)
    UX-830
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel-
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftSnow
    OK - What should the IP address in the phone at Menu Zero WAP settings 1 Primary Address and 2 Secondary Address I assume it should be the public IP address Correct??
    Thanks!!
    Correct.
    And again....
    As long as you are using HoTTProxy on your pc.
    If you have a router you will need to forward the correct ports to your local computers IP adderess it got from your routers DHCP server.
    If you do not know your public IP address that the world sees go here.
    Clicky Pow

This address will be replacing the gw.vzwwap.com address.
    Primary and Primary LXL port will need to be 9201 as long as you took the defaults with HoTTProxy.

Feedback Score
    If You Don't Like The Questions Why Do You Answer.

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Because once something has been said numerous times in numerous threads.....why should thread space be wasted to say it AGAIN. people have posted the answers to these questions numerous times, try searching a little? And because I have personal friends like this, instead of getting a push in the right direction ot figure something out like some of these tutorials do, they think they need every single step by step direction and they never learn how to fix things or learn things themselves. If you expierments and try to figure things out better be learning and testing.....youw ouldnt believe how much it helps you to understand things and help you to solve problems you have in the future...

Feedback Score
    Seems to me you are the one waisting thread space with your "I am smarter than you comments"

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Lol ok....

Device(s)
    LG Vx6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    is there anyway to minimize hottproxy to the taskbar.....? i hate having it minimized.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DROGA
    how Do You Send Back To The Phone Once Edited If Bitpim Wont Recognize The 8300?please Help!!! I Subscribed To Hopke.net For The Proxy Server! Please Help!!!i Dont Want It To Go To Waist!
    The phone JUST came out, the developers are working on getting BitPim to work, but just relax. Also, there is zero need to bold your post and start every word with a capital letter

Device(s)
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echo1985
    I think i have everything set up right but i'm getting a network signal was lost message and i can't ever connect. Any help would be greatful.

Also how do you do this.........

NOTE: If you are behind a router, you will have to forward the port so that you can access it from the internet. All routers have different methods but you have to tell it to forward your computers internal IP Address (i.e. 192.168.1.5) and the port

Can anyone help me on this please

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unlazyfree
    ...there is zero need to...start every word with a capital letter
    VBulletin does that if the person writes everything in all caps. I did all caps one time (to thank someone for phone help) and everyword was translated to having just the first letter capitalized. Which means DROGA was writing in bold and all caps

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast