Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Disaster

Let me qualify this post by saying...

for me personally,

this phone was an unmitigated disaster. I felt like a beta tester. Admittedly, I did not have the knowledgebase to set this phone up like I wanted, but, even as a phone-only device it failed.

I will not rehash the litany of complaints and bugs from this thread. I just wanted to express my disapointment with the M600i. It is the first SE phone I have had from them that I felt failed me. And I have had many of them since the T18z.

I wanted it so damn badly, and so hope it would have worked for me.

Thanks,

Roger

Device(s)
    K700i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    I've been using mine for just over a week. I updated the firmware as soon as I had charged it, to R4A002. With the exception of some problems with the Exchange Activesync software, and the fact that I don't sync mine with a PC (and Apple's iSync doesn't yet support it), mine has been 100% reliable. My P910i that it replaces was very good, but it seemed to have occasional problems where I had to repair bluetooth headsets etc. The M600i has had no such problems so far. I wonder if a lot of the reported problems are due to bugs that have been sorted in the latest firmware. Would the hardware vary I wonder?

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    I've been using mine for just over a week. I updated the firmware as soon as I had charged it, to R4A002. With the exception of some problems with the Exchange Activesync software, and the fact that I don't sync mine with a PC (and Apple's iSync doesn't yet support it), mine has been 100% reliable. My P910i that it replaces was very good, but it seemed to have occasional problems where I had to repair bluetooth headsets etc. The M600i has had no such problems so far. I wonder if a lot of the reported problems are due to bugs that have been sorted in the latest firmware. Would the hardware vary I wonder?
    Actually I have had opposite effect. I did an upgrade to frimware R4 and the phone is gone bad. I had most of the minor niggles mentioned but no major probs before.

Now its crashing every minute. And I follo3ed upgrade properly and left it until it told me do disconnect, so that isn't the issue.

This is my first experience of a firmware making phone worse. I was willing to accept Se taking some time to work kinks out - but not going backward.

As this point I do have to agree: with M600i they are abusing paying users as beta testers.

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Halebop
    Feedback Score
    @Skagen

I don't think they made a bad firmware. I have experienced no worsening of functionality since updating to R4A about a week ago. Your problems probably lies elsewhere than with the fw version.

EDIT:
    There is a bug in the music player. When playing audio files longer than, i think, 60 min the player starts counting the minutes from zero for every new ten. When you're at 74:29 it says 4:29, and what's worse if you pause the playback and then start it again it starts at the actual 4:29.
    Last edited by Andresin; 07-30-2006 at 06:27 AM.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    did anyone actually manage to browse using the opera on m600i after the firmware upgrade?
    if so, how to? cause after the firmware upgrade i'm unable to go online at all.....other than MMS

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    I had same problem with internet on previous firmware update before this one. it was a kernel exec crash when I attempted opening the browser, to be specific.

Turned out that the firmware had not flashed properly/fully, although I had definitely gone through proper procedure. I resolved it by doing a master reset, then reflashing. Internet worked fine since then.

So this phone is not only buggy but the updater too is a buggy piece of crap.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Dual
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    An insignificant but annoying problem...

1) an alarm is automatically set and shows the alarm icon on the main screen. It goes off. Even if I click on it, and turn the alarm off, the icon still remains on the main screen and the alarm still goes off. It is always set at 6:30 PM. If I change the time, turn the phone off and on, it is reset to 'on' at 6:30. I have the most recent firmware.

??????

Chris

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    no bugs on my phone before or after i updated other then the fact that i cant go online... at first i thought it was my internet settings that were incorrect, but it seems like more then one person is having trouble connecting online... damn...
    My Feedback
    128+ Ebay | 58+ Hofo

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    also it changed time zones on me yesterday for some reason... but thats a minor glitch lol

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i had the r4a firmware and was able to use wap via opera on rogers without any issues

Resistance is Futile! get the nokia n8 housing for your iphone lol
    from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinmonk
    i had the r4a firmware and was able to use wap via opera on rogers without any issues
    hmm
    where did u get the settings from?? i use opera mini and the stock web browser both dont work i got the settings from se website

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GT-[R]
    hmm
    where did u get the settings from?? i use opera mini and the stock web browser both dont work i got the settings from se website
    You'll probably have to check for the required settings on your provider's website.

///DM

Feedback Score
    2 new bugs I've found:

--When vibrating alerts are set to vibrate only when in silent mode, after a while vibrating alerts stop and require a hard reset to work again. (for phone, e-mail, message notification)

--after using my BT HBH-DS970 headphones to listen to music for about 1/2 hour, the DataViz RoadSync (Exchange ActiveSync) push e-mail reports a sync error. Again, a hard reset is required to get ActiveSync to start working again.

Anybody else see these issues?

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Halebop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RxistKJ
    2 new bugs I've found:--after using my BT HBH-DS970 headphones to listen to music for about 1/2 hour, the DataViz RoadSync (Exchange ActiveSync) push e-mail reports a sync error. Again, a hard reset is required to get ActiveSync to start working again.
    Are you sure there is a connection between the headset and the sync error?

Feedback Score
    I haven't come across any other time when I've had to hard reset the Dataviz RoadSync application. Also, I've been able to duplicate the issue with my HBH-DS970 headphones but have not tried to duplicate with other bluetooth devices.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast