from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Device(s)
    Sharp 903 (vodaphone)
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Indighost
    As for one-handed key-lock (and unlock, for that matter), just hold the 'back' button and you're set. It's not instantaneous, but it sure beats pulling the stylus out... from the LEFT side for that matter!
    Are all you guys left-handed..? The reason that the Blackberry has the jog wheel on the right side is because most people are righties - the M600 feels very strange after having used a BB for so long now. I think having a left side jog wheel is a huge mistake on the M600, since stylus use is likely not going to be the main usage pattern for most people..
    Data Visualization on Mobile Devices
    http://mobile.sdsc.edu

Device(s)
    BB 9000
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hidefguy2
    Are all you guys left-handed..? The reason that the Blackberry has the jog wheel on the right side is because most people are righties - the M600 feels very strange after having used a BB for so long now. I think having a left side jog wheel is a huge mistake on the M600, since stylus use is likely not going to be the main usage pattern for most people..
    I've figured that one out. I had a blackberry for 3 years and was severely addicted so I know what you mean.

The M600i is designed to be used by the stylus when you'd really be using the scroll wheel. I actually feel more comfortable scrolling with my left and using the stylus with my right. Once you get used to it it makes more sense. The only REALLY annoying thing is that I like to keep the phone in my right pocket......so I have to take out the phone with my right hand, switch it to my left (and switch whatever I'm carrying to my right). Gets confusing......
    E90 Backgrounds - E90 Video Settings

Ericsson GF 788 -> Nokia 9000il -> Ericsson T28 -> Ericsson T39 -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Sony Ericsson P900 -> Motorola V600 -> RIM 7100t -> RIM 7105 -> SE M600 -> BB Pearl -> BB 8800 -> Nokia E90 -> iMate 6150 -> BB 8820 -> Nokia E71 -> BB 9000 -> IPhone 3GS -> Droid

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hidefguy2
    I think I must have really, really, big hands and fat fingers.

With a P900, I was able to use it rather easily with just one-hand (operating both the jogdail and the front keypad). I am right handed but found that I was able to operate it as well with my left hand or my right hand.

With my right hand, my index finger went around the back of the device and operated the scroll wheel. When I needed to use the keypad, my index finger would slide "back" and rest behind the phone and my thumb would operate the keypad (just like I would with a normal candybar).

With my left hand, my thumb was able to operate the the jogdail and then slide back and forth to the keypad.

I didn't use a P900 for very long but I found that it was rather easy to master it with both hands and I use the left hand for certain occasions and the right for others.

I haven't touched the M600i yet so I can't comment on the new 3D JogDial and the back button.

Device(s)
    Imate PDA2k
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here is my opinion on the matter. I have had the bb 8700, m600 and e61, the bb was an interim phone until these other two devices became available. I do not like bb, it has huge limitations and is purely an email device. I refused to use it as a phone as reception was questionable as well as speaker volume, so i used a nokia n70 as the phone component.
    The Nokia e61 and M600 are two great alternatives, and the verdict is out on which one i like better. the form factor and key pad of the m600 is great, considering size. since bothe devices have a form of active sync, i can interchange them without problems. right now th e61 has a small edge as its quad bandm, but no touch screen is an issue for one handed use.

Just not sure where i stand on this.

Device(s)
    Sharp 903 (vodaphone)
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsibble
    I'm starting to agree. I think this is a great phone but it's not entirely there yet. Coming from a BB7105 which had 8+ years of software development behind it, the M600i doesn't really compare. Sad considering how much I really like it

As for battery life, I sync with Exchange every 5 minutes (I have to, that's what this phone is for!) and I BARELY get 24 hours out of it. Push will help with that but my IT director isn't very interested in installing SP2.
    I agree, it's definitely not a "Blackberry Killer", but the small form factor and potential is good. I can now see why SE is spending time getting the W950 right, because that has the potential to hit the market bigtime.

Device(s)
    G1 + N800 (open source tag team)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydog
    right now th e61 has a small edge as its quad bandm, but no touch screen is an issue for one handed use.
    I have never had a touchscreen phone (I have a big enough problems with candybar format and calling my entire phonebook), but I wanted to know how adding touch screen adds to one handed use. I figure it would hinder it as you have to hold the device (one hand) and touch the screen (other hand).

Wouldn't lack of touch screen, then, be better (all the menus are designed for use with joystick / dpad)?
    2000th post dedicated to the best phone ever - The Sidekick

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manchuia
    I have never had a touchscreen phone (I have a big enough problems with candybar format and calling my entire phonebook), but I wanted to know how adding touch screen adds to one handed use. I figure it would hinder it as you have to hold the device (one hand) and touch the screen (other hand).
    Wouldn't lack of touch screen, then, be better (all the menus are designed for use with joystick / dpad)?
    Bo you hold it and use the thumb of same hand to navigate. I some times even type (letter recognition) with that same thumb. Not that hard at all.

Device(s)
    Nokia E61i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does this M600i or P990 have EDGE. I know they have 3G, but T-Mobile isn't going 3G any time soon in the USA. So that doesn't do us any good for the time being. But I do have EDGE here w/ T-Mobile. Please tell me if it has EDGE, then I will buy it else it's a waste of time on GPRS. Especially with Exchange.
    Also can any one compre it w/ Nokia E61? I have E61 and love everything about it except few things, i hate that it doesn't allow copy/paste when you are in web browser, also I can't hear a call waiting warning when I use my bluetooth headset.
    Other than that it's quite stabel and out performing phone. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    I have the E61 and the M600i and have only used the M600i for the past several days (on TMO Bay Area).
    --E61 has EDGE whereas the M600i only has GPRS
    --E61's Mail for Exchange client is far more stable than M600i Dataviz Exchange ActiveSync (see the M600i bug list http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=934398)
    --I want to test the M600i's A2DP profile support but have read about the BT problems with headsets and am reluctant to purchase BT stereo headphones

Basically, to sum up my personal preference, I would like to see the E61 Mail for Exchange software on my M600i which actually would make this a strong e-mail device with solid multimeda functionality. If the M600i Exchange software isn't updated soon, my M600i is going on eBay.

Device(s)
    Nokia E61i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How is the internet compare to E61, I imagine it will be slow too since it doesn't have EDGE.
    I dlo love Exchange client on E61. It's pretty awesome, much better than T-Mobile MDA.

Feedback Score
    I had the MDA for a couple about 1 day before I decided WM5 was too buggy and TMO level 2 support told me they didn't support OTA Exchange Activesync! I also didn't like having to slide the keyboard down to type an e-mail--difficult with one hand.

Actually, the M600i web browser isn't bad but I miss the E61's zoom function and wifi option.

One other thing I noticed is that on the E61 the $6 T-Zones GPRS plan was enough while the M600i requires the $20 plan.

As much as I love the form factor of the M600i, I have a feeling I'm going to sell it unless Sony/DataViz release some updates soon.

Device(s)
    Nokia E61i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There is a way to get the exchange over the air working MDA, but the problem w/ MDA is that it will not let any phone calls come in while it's "ALWAYS ON" with EXCHANGE. Where E61 is quite smart in that sense you don't miss call this way, but if you are on a phone w/ Bluetooth Headset you sure miss alot of fone calls..
    I want to try M600i, but when I see no EDGE, I don't like that . EDGE is important w/ EXCHANGE client. Atleast 4 me where I do alot of things on my cell phone.

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RxistKJ
    I have the E61 and the M600i and have only used the M600i for the past several days (on TMO Bay Area).
    --E61 has EDGE whereas the M600i only has GPRS.
    Specs for M600i says:
    * Dual Mode UMTS 2100 MHz, triple band GPRS 900/1800/1900MHz

Its a 3G phone full fledged. Dont paint it as somehow inferior. If the network is not availble in your area becuase your phone company chose not to provide it, that is another story. But people in Sweden for instance do not use this as a mere GPRS phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8G / HTC Touch / Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    SmarTone-Vodafone (HK)
    Feedback Score
    Nice discussion here. But I wanna know how well does the M600i bluetooth works and has anyone tried the AD2P (such as listening music)?
    How can I be sure I'm a human being?
    What if I'm really something else - like a potato - and I just think I'm a human being

I think, therefore I'm a yam.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast