Thread: Has Anyone Hooked Up Their W900i To Their Car Stereo?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W900i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Canada
    Feedback Score

Has Anyone Hooked Up Their W900i To Their Car Stereo?

I'm just thinking theorectically would it be possible with the 3.5mm jack to hook up the W900 to the aux part of your car stereo and listen to music from your W900 on your car stereo?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    theroretically, yes of course. have i figured out a way yet? no...

ive always wanted to do this because i have hundreds of songs on my w900 and my car stereo is BUMPIN! i have never seen aux in the front of a car stereo before otherwise i would have tried it. i do know however that SE makes an FM transmitter that is very small and plugs in to the bottom of your w900 (or any Walkman series phone) and you can listen to your mp3s through your car stereo that way... but i would like to get our little "modders" around these forums to figure out something like that because i think it would benefit a lot of us SE users lol.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA™
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    easiest way is either get a tape deck or fm modulator and using the hpm, plug them in.

they sell them for ipods everywhere, go to your nearest radio shack and pick one up.

You'll be able to listen to your tunes, and the bonus is when a call comes through, you can use your car stereo to hear your call, and just hold up the hpm and talk to them through that
    T-Mobile USA™ with Nokia 8600 Luna™
    Verizon Wireless™ with LG VX9900 enV™

Howard Forums BST Feedback

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W900i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Canada
    Feedback Score
    My buddy has a wire 3.5mm jack that plugs into his ipod which is wired to the back his his stereo, once I get my W900, i'll let you guys know if it works.

I'm thinking the aux cord (directly hooking it up to your W900) would have better sound quality than an FM modulator

Device(s)
    RIM 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jaf
    My buddy has a wire 3.5mm jack that plugs into his ipod which is wired to the back his his stereo, once I get my W900, i'll let you guys know if it works.

I'm thinking the aux cord (directly hooking it up to your W900) would have better sound quality than an FM modulator
    i have 3.5mm aux cable wired from my pioneer deh-p960, it works great.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W900i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Canada
    Feedback Score
    And you're able to hear calls on your car stereo correct?

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jaf
    And you're able to hear calls on your car stereo correct?
    Yes

Most car stereo decks have an aux in from the back. Some have it from the front. If it's in the back, all you need is to buy a wire that converts the audio plug (red and white plugs) to the 3.5mm male plug. You plug that 3.5mm male plug into your w900 or whatever. I don't have a w900 but I have a w600. If you plug your deck to your w600, it is like your car speaker is your headset.
    Insider Plan (200 Minutes + Evening & Weekends Starting @ 6pm + Voice Mail) + 200 Bonus Minutes + 100 Long Distance Minutes + Caller ID + Unlimited Incoming + Telus to Telus + $15 Unlimited Web/IM/Email

$17.30 + $15.00 + $6.95 (SAF) + $0.75 (911) = $40 + Tax = $45.20

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    too bad my aux connectors are in the back... when i get my new car i am gonna buy one with front aux connections so i can do this, it sounds awesome...

Device(s)
    w810I(gone) w900i(here)
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i have it done in my car, the way i did it was like the others with the aux cable in the back and it sounds pretty decent.

Device(s)
    MPX220 - Don't like it.
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular - 39,000 Rollover minutes and counting
    Feedback Score
    I have a BMW E90, and the Aux connectors are in the arm rest, and yes I HAVE listened to the w900i on the car stereo and it sounded great ! But I sold the phone for other reasons.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have an AUX plug in my center console that goes to my Pioneer 6800MP. Use it for my iPod all the time, and can also be used for the w810 I should get tomorrow.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I hooked the RCA cables up to the AUX in the back of my deck and plugged that into my HPM-70. It is simple and works well, I can hear people through my speakers and I have the mic from the HPM-70 placed well in the centre part of my car. I have never had a problem with people hearing me even though the mic isn't by my face.

Device(s)
    SE T616
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have a Tutorial for getting this stuff connected lol
    Might be interested in doing this now :P
    University of Waterloo Student
    Engineering

Home: Markham, Ontario

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G[s] 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do this with my W600i however when a call comes in, it's a lot of interference and stuff. Any way to get rid of it? it happens near my computer speakers too? I use the radioshack tape to 3.5mm plug or whatever. thanks

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Former AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    My car has an AUX input in the front of the head unit. Although it works, the quality is not too good. It doesnt sound like its in stereo and it sounds much softer on one side of the car. It does however work fine for other mp3 players. My brother took my MMC-60(music cable) and got it installed in the back of his head unit, and it sounds a whole lot better.