Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Lost my Cell Phone, Would Travel Insurance Cover It?

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score

I Lost my Cell Phone, Would Travel Insurance Cover It?

http://www.etravelprotection.com/ser...e=faq&pgtype=0

I lost my e815 in the airport corrier's vehicle (it must of slipped out of my bag or someone took it). Anyway, the insurance FAQ's coverage stolen baggage, but has anyone had any luck with personal items outside the baggage? I ordered travel insurance from Orbitz
    Last edited by is_that_clear; 05-28-2006 at 10:49 PM.
    "Do you want a piece of me lady?" - Dr. Phil
    More of Dr. Phil's Words of Wisdom

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS!

Only in Pennsylvania could a toll collector make $21 dollars an hour!
    Good-bye toll collectors: Now I've got

"Kennedy's car has killed more people than Cheney's gun ."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's the deductible?
    For sale: MacBook Pro 15" flawless[/URL]

Previous feedback system: HowEver

New feedback (more elsewhere): HowEver

Feedback Score
    I'd say no but if this was a recent purchase on your CC, it might be covered there?

tried the Lost n Found at the airport?

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what the deductable is. I called the corrier within an hour of discovering my phone was missing, but the operator didn't seem to interested in my concerns. I filed a claim with the corrier, but I don't think that will get me very far. I did call Verizon and had my old phone activated and my old phone blacklisted in case somebody would try to use it and/or sell it.

Feedback Score
    i wonder if there's the slightest chance you can claim in on this statement?

reimbursement for unexpected travel expenses you might incur
    hopefully someone does the right thing and hands it in...you have to keep calling them almost every week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by is_that_clear
    I don't know what the deductable is. I called the corrier within an hour of discovering my phone was missing, but the operator didn't seem to interested in my concerns. I filed a claim with the corrier, but I don't think that will get me very far. I did call Verizon and had my old phone activated and my old phone blacklisted in case somebody would try to use it and/or sell it.
    What's a corrier?

Forget about the travel insurance unless you can review it and find exactly what is covered. It likely covers cancelled trips and stolen baggage, but you'll have a hard time proving your phone was taken or even lost where you say. This is why homeowners and others go to the trouble of calling the police even if there is no chance of recovery of the lost or stolen item. It provides the insurance companies with an indication that you went to the trouble of reporting an item lost, and the police will corroborate that at least you were acting like it happened. If you didn't call the police, why would anyone else believe the story? Sad, but that's how it works.

What's the deductible on your *home* insurance? Your home insurance probably covers your personal items lost or stolen elsewhere. Call your provider.

Device(s)
    Moto Q9c-Perfectly Customized
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ooh...don't do the home insurance route...it ain't worth it..trust me.

You only get 2 claims a year. You don't know what'll happen in the future.

I claimed a fire in my kitchen, and a break-in.

After that they dropped me.......high risk home insurance is not cool!
    ------------------------------------------

The Voodoo Empire for the best DJ mixes, updates weekly.

The Voodoo Empire on ITunes

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    Well, since the Hilton is nickle and diming the heck out of me, I'm stealing somebody's WiFi connection which is pretty flakey, but better than $9.95 internet access for 24 hours.

Anyway, I'm going to call travel insurance on the lost phone, claiming neglagence on part of the shuttle. The dispatcher said he would radio the driver and call me back immediately, which he never did. I did file a lost and found report immediately during office hours which might cover the bases. If all else fails, I'll go the eBay route.

Device(s)
    Moto Q9c-Perfectly Customized
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well, since the Hilton is nickle and diming the heck out of me, I'm stealing somebody's WiFi connection which is pretty flakey, but better than $9.95 internet access for 24 hours.

Anyway, I'm going to call travel insurance on the lost phone, claiming neglagence on part of the shuttle. The dispatcher said he would radio the driver and call me back immediately, which he never did. I did file a lost and found report immediately during office hours which might cover the bases. If all else fails, I'll go the eBay route.
    hell...you could probably buy your very own phone back!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    I called the insurance company and received all the necessary forms to file my claim. The person on the other end stated that my policy would cover items stolen from my baggage. The bad news is I will have to pay for a new e815 full retail and it must be the some model, meaning I cannot purchase a RAZR and get my insurance money for it. The good news is I will be paid in full once I turn in my paperwork and receipts. Thanks for your help.

PS: I caved in and gave the Hilton another $10 to use their internet access. I can't wait to see my Visa statement coming up.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Wink

^ nice, then u can put the brand new phone up for sale in the BST

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    well, i guess that's what USCC is for, huh??

Corey

Feedback Score
    I called the insurance company and received all the necessary forms to file my claim. The person on the other end stated that my policy would cover items stolen from my baggage. The bad news is I will have to pay for a new e815 full retail and it must be the some model, meaning I cannot purchase a RAZR and get my insurance money for it. The good news is I will be paid in full once I turn in my paperwork and receipts. Thanks for your help.

PS: I caved in and gave the Hilton another $10 to use their internet access. I can't wait to see my Visa statement coming up.

good to hear and good reference info for everyone that this may happen too in the future (hopefully...not)

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    My other phones did make it safely, but I had stowed them away deep inside antoher piece of luggage. USCC is not "roamer" friendly as they do not provide unlimited N/W and incoming outside of the home area and their network stunk at the Hilton, to my surprise. The pilot pollution was awful at the Sears Tower and the John Hancock observatories, which required me to wait a while for my phone to connect. USCC gave me the least problems in placing calls in Chicago.

This was my VZW phone so I'm just going to get the phone through my local VZW Corporate store and send in my receipts to get my money back. I'm not going through the hassel of claiming my TransFlash card though.

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    **UPDATE**--My check for $289.99, the full retail value of my e815 at the time of purchase, is in the mail . The investigator called me today to let me know of the good news.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast