Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: i870 House change. DONE |

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cblaze230
    nice job on the mod!!! i like the clear housing.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maximus2002
    DUDE I gotta say that i870 looks truly AWSOME!!,,I can only Imagine how delicious it must look while in the matching o.e.m holster clip,,BUT I wanted to ask you about any side 2 side (Lateral-Play)movement on the flips hinge portion,,I DEFINATELY wanna make sure that I can maintain that "o.e.m" solid (0 play)feel of this radios original housing while in the closed position.Id truly appreciate it if you can give a quick test and post,,thanks man,
    I'll be honest about it..the hinge is what scares me the most. Everything else is a charm. Everytime I click on the hinge, the cheap plastic, with all the weight in it, goes fllinging up and ...everytime it happens, I expect it to break off and just fly away! But the flip is strong enough...and what I usually do is ..place a finger or 2 behind the flip and lessen the force when the flip is goin up..so...it's all good.

now i tried somethin the other day. I took out the hinge and ...i got a feel of how smoooooth the flip would be. it's so light and sometimes i wish there was no "push to flip" button because it makes the phone feel like a mouse trap with that hinge. without it, i bet the phone feels more relaxed lol..i mean..if the hinge scares ya, you can use the phone without it..but the flip will flip flip up and down....which is a cool style if you ask me lol

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Awsome.| Simple as that~!

Device(s)
    k800i,w810i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fhs04
    thanks

I'll be honest about it..the hinge is what scares me the most. Everything else is a charm. Everytime I click on the hinge, the cheap plastic, with all the weight in it, goes fllinging up and ...everytime it happens, I expect it to break off and just fly away! But the flip is strong enough...and what I usually do is ..place a finger or 2 behind the flip and lessen the force when the flip is goin up..so...it's all good.

now i tried somethin the other day. I took out the hinge and ...i got a feel of how smoooooth the flip would be. it's so light and sometimes i wish there was no "push to flip" button because it makes the phone feel like a mouse trap with that hinge. without it, i bet the phone feels more relaxed lol..i mean..if the hinge scares ya, you can use the phone without it..but the flip will flip flip up and down....which is a cool style if you ask me lol
    i change my i860 housing and notice what u trying to say now im worried if the ribbion gonan ripped

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    na it wont rip....but be careful everytime u open the flip...use ur back hand as support ..dont let it snap open ....i know it sucks but...

why dont' u do this...get some paint thinner..and grab your old i860 housing..melt off all the paint.ull have a nice silver OEM housing....put things back together..ull be str8

Device(s)
    k800i,w810i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    its too much work. but these am houseing cant be durrable, but looks really nice

Device(s)
    i90 pearl/>>i580<<primary
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I never thought the i870 would look that good in a clearHousing,Good job!,,Im actually looking for a white Housing for my i870,I've been hearing about this"105 series"of i870 am housings.There advertising it as OEM quality with Both the Fit & Finish,,I might order one this week.
    Last edited by LEXINGTON-STEEL; 06-14-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ssssick

Carrier(s)
    Nextel | Done.
    Feedback Score
    hmmm... looks good. i might have to do that. how was it compared to the i860? cause i tried to do that housing change and ended up having to get a new phone... why can't nextel just have faceplates like everyone else? but yea, was it hard? how much would you charge to do it if i sent you my phone and a housing?

Device(s)
    nextel i870/i875 hybrid :-)
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    THATS SIMILAR TO MY SMOKE CLEAR I870-

Last edited by Pa$tah Troy; 07-13-2006 at 07:00 PM.

Device(s)
    755P
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

i870 dissassemble/ assemble video tutorial:

Quote Originally Posted by sniper0981
    where can i find the tutorial by Pumba??
    http://www.nextelmodz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19073

Device(s)
    755P
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Here's mine, needs some rework on the hinge
    and bottom area.

Feedback Score
    Any1 got a video on how to tke the i870 apart? i have a disassembled i870 but i do not know how to take the flip button off the OEM case and put on my clear housing

Device(s)
    i870 (2) charcoal / clear
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    The i870 you mod'd is very G-code

Device(s)
    n95-3 w/ At&t
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Wow, that looks hot! I sure miss my modded phone days

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Looks good, where can I get i875 housing?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast