Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL THREAD: Nokia 6270

Device(s)
    Back to my trusty Nokia 7250i (back to the promised land from Motorola-hell)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaivt
    whats the biggest difference between s40 and s60?

i have a 6620 and all i use it for is
    1. Opera to view HTML sitse
    2. Smartmovies to watch video

If s40 can do that, then i'll be happy
    Does using Opera to view HTML sites work well on that screen? I really hope there's the possibility of an HTML browser on the 6270...though I don't think anything as good as Opera will show up.
    Last edited by Kspecial; 07-09-2005 at 02:41 AM.

Feedback Score
    6265 CDMA, but same series40 v3 and screen (i think) as the 6270:

Device(s)
    Touch Pro2 (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO 500
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kspecial
    Does using Opera to view HTML sites work well on that screen? I really hope there's the possibility of an HTML browser on the 6270...though I don't think anything as good as Opera will show up.
    if you're asking if Opera works well on the 6620, then yes it does. Opera was basically made for this phone I can slim it down so the site will fit within the screen or have it render the full page and just scroll around the whole site. if i just want to read text, i can turn images off and it'll load faster. Opera is soo nice

Yeah, i can't wait for something like Opera to be on the 6270/80, especially with that huge screen it has

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the pics (and pm) errol. indeed, all 3 sliders are 240x320 with s40 v3, so it is the same os and screen size. looks sweet. looks like the simplicity of series 40 will continue on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolhead
    thanks for the pics (and pm) errol. indeed, all 3 sliders are 240x320 with s40 v3, so it is the same os and screen size. looks sweet. looks like the simplicity of series 40 will continue on.
    i agree. this phone actually is more appealing to me than the 6682 at the moment. i'll probably get both, see which one i like, and keep that one. i love the interface from the pictures.

Device(s)
    Back to my trusty Nokia 7250i (back to the promised land from Motorola-hell)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaivt
    if you're asking if Opera works well on the 6620, then yes it does. Opera was basically made for this phone I can slim it down so the site will fit within the screen or have it render the full page and just scroll around the whole site. if i just want to read text, i can turn images off and it'll load faster. Opera is soo nice

Yeah, i can't wait for something like Opera to be on the 6270/80, especially with that huge screen it has
    I really hope that something like Opera comes out for the 6270, even though that screen is MADE for an HTML browser.

...but being Series 40, it seems the only browsers we'll be seeing are Java applications like CellHtml or WebViewer...and that's not cool

Device(s)
    Touch Pro2 (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO 500
    Feedback Score
    should i get the SE k750i now to replace my nokia 6620 and then get the 6270/80 maybe 2 months after it comes out? getting bored by the look of the 6620, seems so bulky now..

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers to Vodafone AU
    Feedback Score
    I wonder how mp3 playing will affect Battery life :/ hopefully not too bad.
    Hopefully it'll have an equalizer, then I can ditch my current mp3 player and have less things to carry in my pocket

as long as it can support 1GB minisd/mmc cards

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos
    I wonder how mp3 playing will affect Battery life :/ hopefully not too bad.
    Hopefully it'll have an equalizer, then I can ditch my current mp3 player and have less things to carry in my pocket

as long as it can support 1GB minisd/mmc cards
    im sure it will support 1gb. even the 6230 supports 1gb, although that's mmc.

since getting my 6 gig ipod mini though, i love the fact i have all my music with me, and only need to add when i get more, not constantly switch it up. maybe by the time 4 gig or 8 gig flash cards are out, nokia's phone's will have 3.5mm stereo jacks.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers to Vodafone AU
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolhead
    im sure it will support 1gb. even the 6230 supports 1gb, although that's mmc.

since getting my 6 gig ipod mini though, i love the fact i have all my music with me, and only need to add when i get more, not constantly switch it up. maybe by the time 4 gig or 8 gig flash cards are out, nokia's phone's will have 3.5mm stereo jacks.
    I can't listen to an Ipod non user configurable eq and it but I'm sure the Nokia one won't be any better (I'm an audiophile) but as long as it has a useradjustable equalizer and it doesn't distort it's all good. For the most part

I was going tobuy that Bluetooth wireless thing.

Hopefully battery life isn't that horrid :/

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 XM "Tube"
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking

i wish this phone would hurry up and come out. i want this phone so bad! 6270 will be my next phone.
    I Love It Like A Fat Kid Loves Cake!!

Device(s)
    Touch Pro2 (Sprint)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO 500
    Feedback Score
    does the current S40 phones allow you to view HTML websites?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6133
    Feedback Score

Question Nokia 6270 as a "stand-alone" MP3 player

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did search the forum and couldn't find any posts relating to the 6270's ability to function as a stand-alone player with the cell phone function off. How does it compare to SE's upcoming W800 in this regard? According to cnet.com "A feature distinguishing the W800 is its music-only mode, enabling it to be used solely as an MP3 player while its cell phone transmitter remains off." That would be convergence Nirvana!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless (CAN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kuko_ako
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did search the forum and couldn't find any posts relating to the 6270's ability to function as a stand-alone player with the cell phone function off. How does it compare to SE's upcoming W800 in this regard? According to cnet.com "A feature distinguishing the W800 is its music-only mode, enabling it to be used solely as an MP3 player while its cell phone transmitter remains off." That would be convergence Nirvana!
    It would be nice if a so-called "airplane" mode was included. The reason I wanted (although I sadly still haven't gotten) my 6230b flashed with netmonitor was so that I could continue using it on flights. Even the most basic featureless CDMA Samsung flips have an airplane mode.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    I think for all us high tech nokia geeks it will come down to the 6270 or the n91. The features of the n91 blow away the 6270, but the 6270 wins with looks, size, and menu speed (hopefully s40 v3 will still be fast). I'm assuming 6270 will be a lot more generous to our wallets as well.

n91 pros: wifi, 3.5mm jack, and hard drive.
    n91 cons: UGLY, big, slow menus (symbian)

6270 pros: sleek, smaller, fast menus, camera flash, even larger screen than n91
    6270 cons: no 3.5mm jack hurts for music playback

i don't consider the lack of wifi or a hd as cons, as both are so new to phones, but even if the 3.5mm jack is rare, it's crucial in a music device.

edit: actually, i keep forgetting, n91 isnt even coming in 850 mhz as of now, i think.... so maybe it wont even be an option.

edit: anyone know if BT 1.2 increases transfer speeds, and what to?
    Last edited by toolhead; 07-11-2005 at 08:08 PM.

Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast