Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Joystick mod for ALL Sony Ericsson joysticks! (pics of the new one!)

Feedback Score
    just got a w800. never dealt with the SE joystick before, its really sucks..hahaha

subscribing. let us know when you have more!

Device(s)
    Nokia 8890
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, please post when the next batch are complete. I got one for my W800i & K750i and they work great.

I need one last one for my K608i

Thanks again.

Device(s)
    N95 8Gb
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Interesting! I'm getting a gamers blister on the side of my thumb from this wee pin of a joystick, so I should probably get one too. What would be the shipping to the UK?

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-D600 (GSM)
    Carrier(s)
    O2 UK;
    Feedback Score
    More feedback after a week and a half's use of the cap:

It makes a lot of difference. Less force is needed to move the joystick now, so it's easier on the fingers, particularly when playing games. The joystick sits higher now and it took some getting used to, especially pressing the joystick down, but it was made much smoother thanks to the increased size of the thing It feels good and solid thanks to the metal construction, and when using it, most of the dirt from my hands now falls in the middle of the joystick instead of down into the housing.

One of the most useful phone mods I've tried so far

Device(s)
    Aino with 16GB MicroSD
    Carrier(s)
    Optus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Max...I've been using the joystick cap for nearly a week and it's great! It makes the joystick feel more like a d-pad, which just goes to show that SE got it wrong in the first place!

The cap improves feel, accuracy and response. Much less presses in the wrong direction! Especially handy if you use a silicon case.

Good one Max!!

Feedback Score
    please make some more, i need one now since the orange rubber fell off mine

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hi guys (and gals),

I'm in the middle of making some more and should have them done tonight. I'll relist them tonight or tomorrow and email/PM everybody that contacted me.

Max

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OK, I finally relisted them here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9147718335
    I have both types (hole through and no hole), but I prefer to sell the ones with the through-hole. They are almost guaranteed to fit everybodies joystick caps because they can press as far onto the (slightly tapered) joystick as they need to to fit snugly. But if you really want one of the ones with the solid top, just send me a message when you check out and I'll send you one of those instead. I've only had a couple that didn't fit peoples joysticks, and I sent them one of the 2nd generation through-hole caps as a replacement which fit well.

Max

Feedback Score
    i hope to get mine soon , these look great. i think you should advertise on esato and http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=287786 cause i think many people would appreciate this mod.

Feedback Score
    item sent! just have to wait for it now

Device(s)
    HTD Hd touch Hd + Nokia N95
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't suppose anybody knows if this would fit the k800i when it's released, or even if there's any need for it?

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's highly likely that it will fit the k800i. In fact, it will most likely fit all Sony Ericsson joysticks, because they all seem to have the same joystick as either the w800i or the k750i, and they fit both of those.

BTW, the latest listing for them is here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9150412780

Max

Device(s)
    K750i (finally!)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    these are awesome good job

Device(s)
    X10a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I will definitely be purchasing one when it is confirmed that this will fit the K790/K800.

Device(s)
    N95 8Gb
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm completely satisfied with it. Who would would have thought that something so small could revolutionise the joystick experience. Gone are the days of missed or false presses. I'm not exaggerating when I say that all presses now are positive to feel and are achieved with the lightest of touches (something that will take getting used to while speedily entering text) and therefore hopefully lengthening the lifetime of the suspect joystick itself.
    My only reservation is that because of the high standard of machining involved in the production of this "polished" tool it can be a bit slippy under your thumb. To resolve this I masked off the surrounding areas of the button so as not to scratch the handset (didn't want to go through the fiddleyness of taking it off then putting it back on) then used a very fine wet/dry sandpaper to create an unnoticeable but effective matt finish on the topmost surface of the button. I'm not sure of technical capabilities of producing this tool but, perhaps a future development could be to introduce a crosshatched or textured surface. BTW how do you make it, do you have the smallest milling machine in the world?
    Oops, looks like this turned in to more of an essay than a simple "cheers".

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast