Thread: T720c: ready for prime time now?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon CDMA
    Feedback Score

T720c: ready for prime time now?

It's no mystery that the Moto T720c has been trashed pretty heavily online.

It's features (and availability of accessories, etc.) are very tempting!

Has VZN/Moto worked out the kinks in this thing, so that it is safe for me to buy now?
    -David

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It still has some issues.....but it's way better than when it was first released.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by cocamonkey
    It still has some issues.....but it's way better than when it was first released.
    cocamonkey,
    having used both the T720 and the new VX4400, which phone would you choose and why?

Device(s)
    Storm
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    can someone tell me what is wrong with the t720 i just ordered one today.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On my T720 in areas with one or two bars of digital service the phone will switch back and forth between no service, analog service, and digital service. This also means calls going straight to voicemail when they should be received on the phone. I'm going give Verizon another opportunity to deal with this phone otherwise I will most likely switch to the LG 4400 depending on what experiences people have with them.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i believe that the earlier versions had software issues that have supposedly been corrected. i just got my phone this weekend, and it seems to work okay.

my issue thus far is that the phone feels flimsy compared to my old LG TM-510, which was built like a tank. i've dropped that phone several times and it always worked. with the T720, i feel that if i dropped it, it'd break pretty easily. in fact, when i got my phone, the hinge on it felt pretty loose, and i'm going into the store to have it replaced.

also, the reception doesn't seem to be as strong as with the TM-510. in places where i'd get 4-5 bars, i'd only get 3 with the T720. also, i had phonecalls rerouted straight to voicemail even with 3-4 bars of service. also, i had 2 dropped calls while driving on the freeway (had 3-4 bars of service).

i'm going to check out the LG VX4400 today when I get off work. I am actually leaning towards getting that phone instead.
    Last edited by JOL; 01-22-2003 at 04:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola i95cl
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The T720 is a piece of sh*t a real lemon. Do a search in the verizon forum. Some people seem to have no problems, some people have no problems at first then the phone starts acting up, others have had problems with it from day one, swapped it for the firmware upgrade (cuz for some reason it can't be flashed... duh...) and the new upgraded phone was worse than the first.
    Its sad that Verizon is hanging their hat on this lemon and pushing it to all us customers like its the best thing ever. Guess the bribe $$ goggles are making it tough to see clearly.

Good Luck with it. Just be alert to ANY problems you might have in the first 15 days and dump it even if it a minor problem, firmware alone will not fix this thing and your gonna have it for a whole year at least.... Buyer Beware

Anything BUT Moto............

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Had no problems whatsoever with mine.

-Michael

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'd stay away from the T720.

I purchased it two days ago (came with software v19c) and the first thing I noticed was the extremly poor build quality. Just flipping open the cover the phone feels very flimsy and makes a really annoying squeeking noise at the hinge with the slightest pressure on the ear piece. Besides the physical problems, today I first noticed another bug in the phone, not even sure if it's fixable by firmware.. The phone cuts out almost completely during conversations, I still barely hear the other party so it's not like it's dropping the signal but then all of a sudden it would come back in. The other party reported clear sound to me the whole time.

These two things have been enough for me to deciede the T720 is going back to VZW. I'm going to cancel my VZW contract while I can and wait just a bit longer to see what people say of the VX4400 and hopefully a530. My Spring PCS service will not be disconnected until Feburary 16th, hopefully by then there'll be more of a choice.

Device(s)
    Motorola v60p
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by JOL
    my issue thus far is that the phone feels flimsy compared to my old LG TM-510, which was built like a tank. i've dropped that phone several times and it always worked. with the T720, i feel that if i dropped it, it'd break pretty easily. in fact, when i got my phone, the hinge on it felt pretty loose, ...
    I have had both the LG TM510 and a T720 for over 4 months. I have dropped both several times and neither has broke or got loose. I recommend the leather case for T720 - it has kept mine looking brand new. I got a free upgraded T720 from Verizon and both were of the same quality.

I did read the VX4400 manual and it has one feature I wish the T720 had - you can leave the inside screen backlit the entire time when it is flipped open.

I would be curious about the VX4400 and the alerts that could be assigned for pages and email recieved the LG TM510 is terrible for this and T720 is much better.
    Thank you.

Bob

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by rjbisign
    I did read the VX4400 manual and it has one feature I wish the T720 had - you can leave the inside screen backlit the entire time when it is flipped open.
    I'm surprised you can't. On my v60i from Motorola, I have that option and so did my old StarTac. I thought it was the same for all Motorola phones, but I guess not.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Joe0378
    I'm surprised you can't. On my v60i from Motorola, I have that option and so did my old StarTac. I thought it was the same for all Motorola phones, but I guess not.
    The T720's backlight settings are: off, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, and 20 seconds.

Device(s)
    Motorola V60i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    after gettting the extended life battery, i'm fully satisfied with my 720.