Thread: Some problems with 1and1

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Some problems with 1and1

I just signed up for 1 and 1's MS Exchange service yesterday and everything seemed to go alright until this morning. I checked my regular Telus e-mail account via the web interface and there were new e-mails for the day. Upon loading the Outlook Web Interface (I haven't installed Outlook 2003 yet), no new e-mails were there. I don't get why it's not getting e-mail from the Telus account.

Also I can't seem to change the name of the folder. They used the billing name for the folder and I want to change it something else. I e-mailed 1and1, but I haven't got a response yet. Anyone here know if I can change the name? Thanks!
    List of dumb posts:

Originally Posted by Whit
    I will be requesting the Nokia 6682. I am done with smart(dumb)phones.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Some help guys?

Device(s)
    O2 XDA Exec
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
    Some help guys?

For $6.99 a month, go with 4smartphone.net. Incredibly quick and helpful support, never mind the fact that it works bloody well.
    belfast-biker

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by belfast-biker
    For $6.99 a month, go with 4smartphone.net. Incredibly quick and helpful support, never mind the fact that it works bloody well.
    Kinda late for me to do that when I have already committed to 3 months with 1and1.

Device(s)
    Android Flagships
    Carrier(s)
    13th year @ T-Mobile (USA)
    Feedback Score
    How is 4smartphone's server-side spam filtering BB?

Device(s)
    SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

4smartphone

I agree, go with 4smartphone.net.

If 1 on 1 is like 4smartphone you should be able to get a refund for unused time. I wouldnt go with a service that didnt offer refunds for unused service.
    Greg Harkins
    Touch Pro 2
    Verizon is service provider

Device(s)
    Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    How is your Telus email to your exchange? I forward all email address' to my 1and1 account and set my outgoing address as my work email. Also I am not sure what folder you are talking about (I never log into my OWA). I do know that 1and1 will not let you choose your username, you are stuck with that number you are never going to remember so if it's anything like that I would say no on changing the folder.

pink
    Spongebob: Squidward just told me a hilarious joke and I thought you might like to hear it.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    Cricket Wireless referral

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    1and1's tech support is excellent. Make sure on their FAQ's that everything is setup properly and give them a call. They offer free support. You should take advantage of it. 4smartphone also works very well. I've had excellent support from 1and1 thus far though.
    Mike

Eph 2.8

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    How is your Telus email to your exchange? I forward all email address' to my 1and1 account and set my outgoing address as my work email. Also I am not sure what folder you are talking about (I never log into my OWA). I do know that 1and1 will not let you choose your username, you are stuck with that number you are never going to remember so if it's anything like that I would say no on changing the folder.

pink
    How did you do that? I enter my Telus e-mail account when I created the MS Exchange account from 1and1's menu. I still don't get e-mails coming into my 1and1 account. If I check my Telus e-mail account via their web interface, I get e-mails there. I thought the MS Exchange account will pull e-mails from the Telus server into 1and1's account? If not, do I need to go to my Telus e-mail account and forward everything there?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler
    1and1's tech support is excellent. Make sure on their FAQ's that everything is setup properly and give them a call. They offer free support. You should take advantage of it. 4smartphone also works very well. I've had excellent support from 1and1 thus far though.
    Their tech support isn't very good via e-mail. They never seem to answer all the questions in my e-mail. They only answer certain number of questions while leaving the rest unanswered. I don't know whether I'll continue by subscription when it ends.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ok so I called them and yea they helped me fix my problem. I learned a lesson. I will never e-mail 1and1 for tech support and instead call them. Their tech support via the phone is actually quite good.

Anyways, I have a dumb question that I want to ask you guys.

Do you setup your display name with last name first followed by comma and then your first name or you have it as your first name and last name?

Like do you set it up as Smith, John? Or John Smith? I know it's kinda stupid, but I'm just curious.

Device(s)
    Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I have mine set up as "John Smith" for my display name.

pink

Feedback Score
    1and1's tech support is great, free and 24/7. Call them on their line that is under 'Help'. I have a travel blog there named alohacreek.com and have called them many times.