Thread: 6100 thoughts so far...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

6100 thoughts so far...

Hi guys,

I received my 6100 from Just Talk in NYC on time, and as advertised.

1. The phone is slightly taller than the 8390, but also considerably thinner. The 8390 looks somewhat clunky next to the 6100's graceful lines.

2. RF on Fido is excellent, Rogers, average.

3. The color screen is amazing, sharp and bright.

4. WHERE is the Badinerie ringtone...I HAVE to have it!<G>

5. With Java technology, this phone is great, but I must say, having this phone makes me realize how far ahead of its time the Ericsson T68m was!

6. Can't comment on battery life as it's not fully conditioned yet.

7. Overall I very ecstatic with the new phone. It's a definite attention grabber!

Roger

Device(s)
    SE P910a SE K550i SE K790x2 SE S710A Nokia 6100
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi Roger... I am about to get a 6100 too... I am currently using a 8390 on rogers... and was wondering if the RF is better than the 8390?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Re: 6100 thoughts so far...

Originally posted by Roger
    Hi guys,

I received my 6100 from Just Talk in NYC on time, and as advertised.

1. The phone is slightly taller than the 8390, but also considerably thinner. The 8390 looks somewhat clunky next to the 6100's graceful lines.

2. RF on Fido is excellent, Rogers, average.

3. The color screen is amazing, sharp and bright.

4. WHERE is the Badinerie ringtone...I HAVE to have it!<G>

5. With Java technology, this phone is great, but I must say, having this phone makes me realize how far ahead of its time the Ericsson T68m was!

6. Can't comment on battery life as it's not fully conditioned yet.

7. Overall I very ecstatic with the new phone. It's a definite attention grabber!

Roger
    How did you come to the conclusion that the RF is best with Fido and only average with Rogers? Also, how is the audio quality/volume on the phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Answers....

How did I come to the conclusion? Extensive experiene with both providers.

Fido, in the city, is almost always better than Rogers. I used my 8390 on Fido and Rogers and Fido was always superior. Rogers has become better over the past 6 months to be very fair to them.

I would say the RF on the 6100 is the same or marginally better than the 8390. I also think the audio quality is marginally better on the 8390!

The phone is sure beautiful, though. Haven't been this turned on since my T68m! On Fido, of course.<g>

Rog

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was referring to the RF of each individual handset compared on the same network and not judged by each network signal strength.... I am glad you love the phone, mine should be here next week, one final question if you do not mind..... the audio volume.... how is it compared to the 8390?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Audio volume

is a little louder on the 8390

Device(s)
    8250, 7250
    Carrier(s)
    globe, fido
    Feedback Score
    Hi there,

am thinking of getting one and using it with Fido too....

just wanted to ask.... how's the vibrate feature, is it strong enough you think? how's the standby time too?

you think it's better than the 6610?

thanks for any info...

Device(s)
    Payphone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Only reason I wouldn't get a 6100... because if you get one made in HongKong, Nokia will not service it in the U.S. as far as I know. Not sure about anywhere else around the world. It is a very cool phone and feels so solid. If warranty was honored in the U.S. I might pick one up.
    I have a voracious appetite.

My eBay Feedback / My HoFo Feedback

jimmy is a girlscout

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    In case anyone is wondering, it does seem that the RF performance of the 6100 is not as good as the 7210 on GSM 1900. I tested the phones side by side on the same network by making and receiving calls.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i do have to say, the 6100 IS a very solid feeling phone, but i have had some issues with the RF. i used to have the 7210, and compared to that, i do not get as good of reception. in some places where i could easily make a phone call i do not get good RF at all anymore. i am on the t-mobile network in the boston area. otherwise, when im outside, i do get full connection with little or no problem at all. overal im satisfied with it. the smaller size makes up for the minor RF problems that i've had in my opinion.
    Arun21

Device(s)
    Nokia 6100, Nokia 7250i (gf)
    Carrier(s)
    Orange,
    Feedback Score
    And how do both phones compare to your T68?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i definitely like it better than the t68m that i used to have. the screen on the 6100 is so much better, the battery life is amazing and the size is better. it is not as thick as the t68. the minor RF problem is really the only complaint that i have about the phone. otherwise it is perfect. the buttons feel solid and the face plate sits on the phone very tightly unlike the 7210 i had. speakerphone is loud and clear and volume is ideal. you guys all should get one!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i definitely like it better than the t68m that i used to have. the screen on the 6100 is so much better, the battery life is amazing and the size is better. it is not as thick as the t68. the minor RF problem is really the only complaint that i have about the phone. otherwise it is perfect. the buttons feel solid and the face plate sits on the phone very tightly unlike the 7210 i had. speakerphone is loud and clear and volume is ideal. you guys all should get one!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6100, Nokia 7250i (gf)
    Carrier(s)
    Orange,
    Feedback Score
    I suppose you didn't get your 6100 in Amsterdam did you? I'm in The Netherlands but 6100? Oh no.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    haha nope nope..didnt get it in amsterdam. ordered it from a reliable mass seller on ebay for a good price of $365USD. brand new too. shipped from hong kong. i dont even know when the 6100 will be available in amsterdam. do you? they JUST got the 6610 a couple weeks ago so im thinking it will be awhile.

are you thinking of ordering one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast