Thread: push email without exchange 2003

Feedback Score

push email without exchange 2003

I would like to get push email onto a Jamin but my office uses exchange 2000. Are there any solutions to this as they won't be upgrading anytime soon.
    If I get my work email forwarded to my imate email account will the imate servers push the email to my device?
    It doesn't sound like O2's blackberry connect or Vodafone's visto solution work on windows mobile 5 yet. Any help appreciated

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

PUSH Lite

Depending on the level of your IT person, you can write a PHP script to send your phone a text message when you have email arrive. Someone is helping me do this currently for my personal website. Basically the script runs every 5-10 minutes and checks to see if new email has arrived. If it has then it sends me a text with the sender's email and the email subject line. That way I can decide if I want to login and access the IMAP email account through Pocket Outlook + GPRS.
    |< | /\/\ ( ) Cal

Device(s)
    iPhone 5C
    Feedback Score
    For PUSH mail the answer is no.. You need Exchange 2003 SP2.

I think Good http://www.good.com/provides a suite of applications that can do it, but it requires a server application and custom PIM apps on the PDA.

Feedback Score
    thanks guys

Device(s)
    MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you IT department will let you connect via IMAP to the Exchange 2000 server then you can try an email client that supports IMAP IDLE. Check with your IT Department and see what they tell you. It doesn't require any additional server software like RIM or Good and there are tons of desktop clients that support the IDLE feature.

The only client I've found for WM5 is IBE Mail. WebIS is supposed to have IMAP IDLE in the upcoming 3.0 version of their software. There might be some others for Windows Mobile 2003. IBE is a little slow for my tastes and it uses Pocket SQL Server for its datastore. It's about $25 so it's a tossup as to whether or not it's worth it or if doing SMS Triggered push with the built in Outlook client might be a better solution.
    http://microsoft.handango.com/Platfo...oductId=181514

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus sim free
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Try VGSMail at www.vgsmail.com/ppc It works great with both WM5 and WM2003se. I have it working on a Qtek 9100 and a SX66. The author is very responsive and all updates are free. It uses POutlook and a transport layer to get mail. You don't have to learn another program. The program is still in beta, but IMHO ready for primetime.

Idle is very cool and works just like a blackberry. Your mail appears on you PPC as soon as it hits your server.

greg

Device(s)
    nokia e71
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    only problem is it does not work on the samsung i730. it causes the phone to crash so make sure you use the trial first.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flexte
    only problem is it does not work on the samsung i730. it causes the phone to crash so make sure you use the trial first.
    I think I finally got VGS to run properly on the i730. See the thread I just posted over at pdaphonehome.com:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=67848

Please report back and let me know if this works for you.