Thread: invalid battery

Feedback Score

invalid battery

I have a I450 and since today everytime I plug in my charger it tells me that the battery is invalid, can someone help me on this one.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is it an OEM motorola battery? Or a generic third party one? Cuz if it isnt a Moto battery, that could be your problem.

Feedback Score
    it is the one from motorola.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My diag. is: It is a bad battery, or there is slight water damage. Try another battery and see if it goes away.

Feedback Score
    so I tried using the battery of a v551 on the phone and I still get the same message. Now this is the weird part I used the v551 to charge the i450 battery and it worked the problem is that the v551 is not mine.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So....take the phone back to who you bought it from, and they should be able to swap it out, after all, it is under warranty. If they won't, you can send it to Moto yourself and get it taken care of.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I had the invalid battery thing pop up on my new i870, called nextel and was told to return it in the mail. I bought it online from the sprint store, funny thing the guy says never heard of that, well I decided not to send it back, just received it and I didn't want to be without a phone. So I took the battery out and found out that one of the battery prongs was pushed down and kinda of stuck behind part of the board, unstuck it and no problems. Thought I would pass it along in case anyone else came across the same problem.

Feedback Score

Reviving an old thread

Quote Originally Posted by captnoir
    I had the invalid battery thing pop up on my new i870, called nextel and was told to return it in the mail. I bought it online from the sprint store, funny thing the guy says never heard of that, well I decided not to send it back, just received it and I didn't want to be without a phone. So I took the battery out and found out that one of the battery prongs was pushed down and kinda of stuck behind part of the board, unstuck it and no problems. Thought I would pass it along in case anyone else came across the same problem.
    Had the " invalid battery " message on my i560, found this thread, checked and saw that one off the four prongs that the battery lines up with was broken off. Don't know if I will be able to get this repaired. Will use my wifes old mike phone for now. Thanks for the help.