Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Apply Mp3 As Ringtone On Razr Solved

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Talus91
    Been playing with my Razr for a few days, and have managed to get the ringtones working.

First of all, load any mp3 or mp3's you wish to use into your phone via MPT, once you have transferred the mp3's close MPT and start up BitPim, Then using BitPim go into the "filesystem tab and delete the files "MyToneDB.db" and "TmpTneDB.db, reboot your phone and then assign ringtones.
    Does anyone have a free MPT? I have a V3c through USCC and i want to get ringtones on there... Help I have the current bitpim all i need is the MPT! Help please!

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telusmobility
    Feedback Score
    Same here - I'd love to get the MPT as a download. I've been transfering jpegs to my Razr V3c with bluetooth (and it works great) but like others, I can send MP3's to the Razr and they will not work as ringtones. Anyway to solve the MP3 ringtone problem with either bluetooth or USB cable without MPT?

Thanks for the great posts!
    Last edited by bheaven31; 03-01-2006 at 11:31 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    check on a p2p program like limewire...You can download an older version, and just keep updating it online for free...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If you have BitPim operating can't you both upload the ringtones and delete the .DB files via USB cable?

Or if you upload via BT, can't you then just delete the .DB files with BitPim via USB cable?

I don't have BT on my PC yet, so there may be subtleties I'm not aware of here.

Feedback Score
    Can somebody send me the PST software, I'm not sure which one to download from the net....PM me please

a link would be good too! thanks

edit: one more thing, is there a site where I can adjust my own picture sizes and save it back onto my computer. I had a site that could do that but I lost it....
    appreciate it

Feedback Score

Post HOWTO: TELUS Razr V3c Getting MP3 Ringtones to work with a Mac

Thanks! This is great!

FYI to Mac users... here is how I got it to work.

1) Pair your phone with your Mac.

2) Choose "Browse Device..." from the bluetooth menu

3) Upload the MP3 you want to use to the "/audio" directory on the phone (you should shorten the file to lessen the memory used)

4) Once the File is uploaded shut off the bluetooth Radio on the Mac.

5) Connect the RAZR V3c to your Mac via USB (I used by BlackBerry mini-usb Cable)

6) Load up BitPim (In the Preferences you'll want to use "Other CDMA Phone"). You may have to fiddle with this step a bit to get BitPim to recognize the phone. I tried several things, but sometimes just using the "Detect Phone" command from the Edit menu would work. NOTE: Bluetooth MUST be shutoff otherwise BitPim will try to connect wireless rather than over the USB. For some reason Bluetooth doesn't work yet.

7) Once you've got BitPim to see the file system, remove the two files Talus91 recommended "MyToneDB.db" and "TmpTneDB.db". These are at the root of the phone's filesystem.

8) Quit BitPim, then disconnect the Phone (Note disconnecting the phone before quitting BitPim can cause data loss!!)

9) Reboot the phone.

10) Choose your new MP3 Ring tone and get your friends to call!!!

Device(s)
    Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

BITPIM Connect

I found MPT vers. 4 and installed it along with current drivers etc. I used MPT to put on a mp3 file to the phone, opened BITPIM. Setting to Other CDMA and then browse the ports. I have a list of ports including the Motorolla Modems but the Moto Modems are "inoperable" and are marked as "false" for availability. How did I connect to BITPIM? Here is a screenshot of what I see in BITPIM.

Any ideas?
    Thanks this is pretty frustrating.

Device(s)
    Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Ok... I managed to get an available Motorola Modem Port open and I select it under settings. How can I get it to connect? I click "DETECT PHONE" but nothing... Here's my screen.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I think you were on the right track with "Other CDMA phone".

As long as your port is active (it is in that screen shot) and you have chosen "Other CDMA phone" then you should be able to browse the Filesystem tab (as long as that it enabled in the options.).

I still prefer P2KCommander, as I mentioned previously.

Device(s)
    Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I'll keep trying but how do you do the P2K method?

Feedback Score
    I finally found and dl PST and have been able to apply mp3's as ringtones, using p2k commander, but when i delete the mp3 using p2k the mp3 still shows up under personalize->ring styles->ring detail. How can i remove the mp3 from this list? it does not show up anywhere in p2k if i try to delete it from there?

Also, does anyone have a seem on how to change the inside picture so there is no banner on the top or bottom, im not talking about the outside LCD, pictures on the inside have banners on the top or bottom, trying to get rid of those?

Thanks for the help in both these matters!! Much appreciated!!!

Ozzy2k

Feedback Score
    my razor is coming moday, does this work if i have verizon version .03 ?

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    Seems like a lot of work... why not just transfer mp3's or images via bluetooth (Laptop w/Bluetooth to Razr) and then just assign them as your wallpaper or ringer? At least, that's how it works with my Bell Razr.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    That HellfireX is always trying to start crap. But for myself I use P2K with a "USB" cable and have no problem too just as easy and why use bluetooth to transfer and drain your battery when you can use the "USB" cable and charge it at the same time.

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    Geeze, that CivicXTC is always posting useless stuff. Just look at the thread he created to say Telus has a plastic case. He could have just posted in the Cases for V3c instead of added more clutter to the forums.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast