Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Apply Mp3 As Ringtone On Razr Solved

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hunto
    Hey guys, just wanted to throw this in as an alternative:

Note that this was tested on my V3C from Bell.

I managed to up ringtones using PST 7.2.3 and P2K Commander. Just run the apps, connect to your phone and browse to P2k:/a/motorola/shared/audio/ . Upload the ringtones to this dir and voila, no deleting or rebooting required.
    This work great on my v3c telus. also if you uploaded mp3 files thru MPT you can find it in the same folder and all you have to do is select any mp3 files and change the attribute to 0004 then u can apply it as ring tone

Feedback Score
    anyone figured how to browse to a website and save mp3s to the phone yet? I can make the stream and play but no option to save.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tofuzion
    This work great on my v3c telus. also if you uploaded mp3 files thru MPT you can find it in the same folder and all you have to do is select any mp3 files and change the attribute to 0004 then u can apply it as ring tone
    Easiest method yet.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    what's this attribute that has to be changed? Can anyone specify.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thepresso
    what's this attribute that has to be changed? Can anyone specify.

If you would like to be able to "Apply As Ringtone" in your sound folder, all you have to do is change the mp3 files attribute to 0004 (System, survive Master reset/clear) in P2K commander. Reset your phone, done.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 (BRICKED), HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    10GB Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    in MPT? sir, i salute you! good find!

Device(s)
    Current: BB 9530 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Telus - The Future is Friendly
    Feedback Score
    Where in MPT do I change the atrributes?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer
    Where in MPT do I change the atrributes?
    I don't know how you would do it in MPT - I looked around in MPT and didn't find a way.

I used P2KCommander to edit the file attributes.

Device(s)
    LG G6, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Samsung Galaxy S3, S2 (BRICKED), HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    10GB Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    yo Tofuzion

how are you doing this in MPT? can't see where you can change attributes ... let us know, eh?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wow thanks, Was starting to get tired of that RAzrV3 song.. lol!

Now it is The Ghost Of You - My Chemical Romance.. So much better!!!
    Current Phone: Blackberry Bold 2: 9700 Bell Mobility..

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so much Talus!

After attempting to load pst and p2k commander to do the quick '0004' attribute change and having no luck getting pst to load properly (and being scared of messing up my phone) I went with your method.

Works great and isn't much of a hassle at all! Now, like PDark, I can scrap the RazrV3 song and opt for a bunch of custom ringtones:

Final Fantasy victory fanfare
    Pearl Jam Do the Evolution
    Pink Floyd On the Run
    RAGE Renegades of Funk

Damn nice... now to customize a slick wallpaper and screensaver!

Feedback Score
    After you delete these two files do you have to do it again everytime you add a mp3?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mighty247
    After you delete these two files do you have to do it again everytime you add a mp3?
    Everytime you add mp3(s) you have to either delete the two db files, or set the attributes on each file you transferred. This may be true on delete as well, i.e. any change to the filelist may require a "db reset".

You can transfer several mp3s as a group and then delete the db files. All the files you transferred should now offer the "Apply as ringtone" option.

I don't know if you can multiselect in p2kman or p2kcommander and set attributes for many files at once. I never tried that.

Device(s)
    Torch
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Anybody had P2Kcommander crash on you when you try to change attribute? Because I did, so I had to use strictly P2Kcommander for uploading ringtones and not bother with MPT.

Another trick - create a sound category, and make sure there is a sub-folder matching that category name. Send the audio files into that folder via P2Kcommander and you now have them categorized.

Device(s)
    nokia6265,samsung a600,samsung a540,samsung a520,treo600,650,blacberry,and more
    Carrier(s)
    telus from day one
    Feedback Score
    this is great it's working fine.they way telus91 explain..you guys are genius

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast