Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Apply Mp3 As Ringtone On Razr Solved

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_6
    is deleting mp3's the same process?

You can delete the mp3's from your phone itself, but will still have to delete the 2 database files using BitPim if you want the menu in the phone to update.

Feedback Score
    I have uploaded mp3's via MPT and I then deleted the fiels using BitPIM. I then power cycled the phone as instructed. Teh files are there but I am not able to assign thme as ringtones...Any ideas? do they ahev to be a certain compression or bit size? I can play them on my phone, i just can't set it as a rigntone. I really want to get this going. Thanks

Feedback Score
    It didnt work for me. I transferred the ringtone. deleted the files, rebooted, the files are back, but i still cannot assign the new ringtone...

im on telus.

Feedback Score
    I'm on Telus as well. Forgot to mention it in my previous post, then again I figured people would assume I'm with Telus as it's a Telus forum.

Any ideas as to why this is not working for me?

I did manage to change my power on/off gif's added my own animated power off giff. But I really want to be able to assign mp3's as ringtones

Device(s)
    Motorola Brick and a Big A$$ Pager
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyhobbit
    It didnt work for me. I transferred the ringtone. deleted the files, rebooted, the files are back, but i still cannot assign the new ringtone...

im on telus.
    Both of you guys... after you reboot, goto settings/ringstyles/scroll down to soft then press "enter" the middle button of the menu button./scroll down to calls/ now you can find you new mp3 (they are in alphabetical order)

have fun!
    Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone

Feedback Score
    Niiiiiiiiice!!!! that worked. Iw as going through the sounds menu and there was no option to apply as ringtone. Thanks a million QPhone!!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sergio3986
    Niiiiiiiiice!!!! that worked. Iw as going through the sounds menu and there was no option to apply as ringtone. Thanks a million QPhone!!!
    No Prob! How are you liking the razr so far??? You likey? 'Cause I know me likey very much.

Feedback Score
    nice thx Q phone thtat did it.

Now another question. How can i change the quality at which phone tools transfers the file over? cause a previous version sounded much better than this one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyhobbit
    nice thx Q phone thtat did it.

Now another question. How can i change the quality at which phone tools transfers the file over? cause a previous version sounded much better than this one.
    MPT only allows you to change fade in/fadeout add effects etc.... but true sound quality manipulation/enhancements is done with sound editing software.

Changing/manipulating the quality of an MP3 can only done on sound editing software. (Me, I use Sony SoundForge 8.0) or any other similiar software. You've got to make sure that it's at least 128kbps/44100 Mhz full stereo quality and save as an MP3. The reason so high is because once it's transferred into your phone, the quality is dropped. So it's better to have a high quality go down instead of having an already lower quality mp3 drop down even more.

Make sure that the peaks of the sound waves do not go past -6.0 decibels other wise you'll get a high quality yet DISTORTED mp3 when its played on the phone.
    Last edited by QPhone; 02-06-2006 at 04:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Mike Motorola i576
    Carrier(s)
    TM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adamnur
    Ignore my above question...I realized it's Telus's patented crippling of nice phones...

1 question though, is it better to transfer one mp3 at a time, then delete the two files and reboot for each one, THEN proceed to add more one at a time? In the past, I've had a few Telus phones fry from doing too much at once. Or would it be ok to add maybe 10 mp3s and delete the two files and reboot? Will it survive?

Thanks

editl: The above posted version of Bitpim doesn't have the V3c available to choose in the phone drop down menu...do I just select other CDMA phone?
    Although it is true TELUS is known for crippling some phone features... I would just like to direct your attention to the fact that... the RAZR that is comming out on the Bell network tomorow... well... it doesn't have either EV-DO or OBEX in it... and will not support the direct MP3 add-on either... and that... even though the phones are the same price on 2 or 3 year agreements... so... just for this once... why not cut telus a break and acknowledge they are actually taking steps in the right direction?!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...

Feedback Score
    I'll be getting the phone this week so thought I ask this in advance...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...165&brandid=56

Will this USB cable work? I prefer that the phone doesn't get charged if possible?

Device(s)
    Moto Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'll be getting the phone this week so thought I ask this in advance...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...6165&brandid=56

Will this USB cable work? I prefer that the phone doesn't get charged if possible?
    Yes that one will work. I think charging vs. not charging the phone depends on whether or not you have it plugged into a powered USB port on the PC/hub.

Device(s)
    Moto Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    hey guys

thanks for the awesome tip on how to get ur ringtones. i'm going to ask a noobish Q rite now (please forgive me): im going to need a data cable to connect the RAZR to my computer rite (for bitpim and MTP) to make it all work rite? Any ideas where i can find the cable? Ebay?
    Its just a generic Mini USB cable, same ones used for alot of digital cameras, can be found at almost any store that handles electronics.
    I had a spare USB hub kicking around that happened to have exactly the right cable... point is, if you look around, you might find that you already own that cable. Since mod'ing the phone is something you'll do every now and then, you can probably just borrow the cable from some other peripheral and put it back when you're done. Save yourself a couple of bucks.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I think i must be drunk or something. I've got BitPim all hooked up and I'm looking at the filesystem, but I can't find those files....How wasted am I?

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I ordered a bluetooth dongle, then I remembered - hey, my old digital camera had a mini usb cable, voila!

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast