Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: How To Apply Mp3 As Ringtone On Razr Solved

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gumpworsely
    I have a Telus V3c Razr and have done exactly what was described to get the ringtones that i have put onto my phone in mp3 format to work. The phone will still not give me the option to apply them as a ringtone? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Do it through "Settings" not "Apply as Ringtone"
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole

Feedback Score
    Thank you thank you thank you abbywack-a-mole! It worked!

Feedback Score

Exclamation

k so i got a KRZR today and i'm with Telus Mobility. i loaded the PC disc onto my computer and now im stuck as to how to turn my songs on my PC into ringtones for my KRZR. i know how to shorten them up into 15 seconds and what not, but when i go to put them on my phone, they just read as songs for my mp3 player in my library.

can i please get some help here. it wood be much appreciated! thanx,

dirtycurty12

Device(s)
    Motorola v262
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm if this works on the RAZR2 v9mm?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abbywack-a-mole
    Do it through "Settings" not "Apply as Ringtone"

What "Settings" are you referring to? I have the same problem with Motorola V3C and it won't let me apply as ringtone. I went through all "Settings" options and didn't find anything. Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmhh
    What "Settings" are you referring to? I have the same problem with Motorola V3C and it won't let me apply as ringtone. I went through all "Settings" options and didn't find anything. Thanks.
    Settings>Ring Styles>Soft Details (or whatever type)>Calls (or whatever incoming)

They'll be available this way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by !-OMAR-!
    this hack is useless now i found the bit on telus firmware that activates the apply as ringtone code
    And where is that? Care to share your knowledge??

Btw, I tried the deleting of the 2 files and even going through "Settings", it is STILL unable to set as a ringtone. Someone must know why. Please post. Thanks! =D

Feedback Score

Works!!! :goodness:

Just an update. I tried deleting the two files again, restarted and it now works!!! My jaw dropped! lol I couldn't believe it worked! Sweet!!! SO HAPPY! Now I have Saved By The Bell theme as my alarm clock.

Just as a reminder to people still haven't problems:

*NOTE* - You CANNOT "Apply as ringtone" in "Media Gallery/Sounds" menu. You must go to "Settings/Ring Styles/ and then go to "Loud Detail", "Soft Detail", etc.." and browse for file there and set as ringtone.

THANKS SO MUCH Talus91 !!!!!

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is the correct seem edit for the Telus V3c to get Apply As Ringtone to show up and not have to delete the 2 files anymore.

Seem 2742 Bytes 0000 Record 0001
    Offset 0090, bit 6 - off, Enables Apply As Ringtone on Telus V3c
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Feedback Score

Exclamation

What's a good program to use for the seem edit? And this seem edit for "Apply as Ringtone" will work on a Telus V3c Razr CDMA phone?

Btw, do you a way to increase the video length? (More than 15 seconds - What the f**k is Telus thinking?!?! 15 f**king seconds!)

And one more thing ... do you know of a way to complete backup the phone - Telus V3c Razr CDMA? I've tried Flash&Backup but it's only for GSM (sp?) phones. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bymitten
    What's a good program to use for the seem edit? And this seem edit for "Apply as Ringtone" will work on a Telus V3c Razr CDMA phone?

Btw, do you a way to increase the video length? (More than 15 seconds - What the f**k is Telus thinking?!?! 15 f**king seconds!)

And one more thing ... do you know of a way to complete backup the phone - Telus V3c Razr CDMA? I've tried Flash&Backup but it's only for GSM (sp?) phones. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!
    Go to this page and read the hole thing before you try to seem edit for the first time. It tells you how and what programs to use. It applies to the V3c, E815 and V710

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_SeemEdit.htm

Feedback Score

Smile

Hmmm, voids my warranty AND can f**k up my phone ... I'll pass on that. Looks to risky. But thanks though. Maybe sometime in the future I'll try it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bymitten
    Hmmm, voids my warranty AND can f**k up my phone ... I'll pass on that. Looks to risky. But thanks though. Maybe sometime in the future I'll try it.
    Sorry to inform you but anything you do to your phone voids the warranty and can f**k up your phone. Even deleting those 2 files. The choice is yours if you want to have to delete those files every time you upload a new ringtone rather than do 1 seem edit and be done with it be my guest.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I guess your right but that's why I backed up the original files first. Just like every "mod" I do. I'll think about the seem edit, but first I want a way to fully back up my phone, in case something wrong does happen. And so far, there is nothing I've found for CDMA phones, only for GSM phones - Flash&Backup 3. That is of course YOU know of a program! lol

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26