Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: How To Apply Mp3 As Ringtone On Razr Solved

Device(s)
    Motorola Brick and a Big A$$ Pager
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kspec
    Hello

I just got a new V3c and I have been reading over the 13 pages total... and I havent gotten it to work quite yet.

I do have MPT 4.04 + BitPim 0808. I got as far as deleteing the 2 files.

Yet nothing changed on my phone. Even after rebooting. I go to media gallery / sounds/ and then "APPLY AS RINGTONE" does not appear.

am i doing it right or is there another way?

thanks.
    One last time guys! After you've deleted the 2 files and rebooted your phone
    You do not go to media gallery

1. settings
    2. ring styles
    3. scroll down to soft detail
    4. scroll down to rings
    5. now scroll down to that mp3 that you've transferred earlier.

ENJOY
    Last edited by QPhone; 04-06-2006 at 02:12 PM.
    Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone

Device(s)
    BB TOUR
    Carrier(s)
    Tell Us
    Feedback Score

Help Please

Hi guys, I just got a razr from telus, and ive read all the posts, and they seem easy enough, but I cant seem to get either of the bitpim or MPT to work. What am I doing wrong? I plug the cable in, and I open bitpim, but it doesnt recognize my phone. Is there a driver i have to download? it shows "AC97 soft fax modem with smart PC" where do I go from here?and the MPT doesnt let me transfer anything, it shows an error. MAn this is frusterating, can someone please help? and tell me in baby talk how I should do this. I've read all the posts, but nothing seems to help, please post or PM if you can help, thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Come on man, the "baby talk" instructions are posted like 10 times throughout this thread...

Read page 12 of this thread, MY post (i've made it simplier then stealing candy from a baby) where my subject line is " worked beautifully "

Quote Originally Posted by paullibby
    Hi guys, I just got a razr from telus, and ive read all the posts, and they seem easy enough, but I cant seem to get either of the bitpim or MPT to work. What am I doing wrong? I plug the cable in, and I open bitpim, but it doesnt recognize my phone. Is there a driver i have to download? it shows "AC97 soft fax modem with smart PC" where do I go from here?and the MPT doesnt let me transfer anything, it shows an error. MAn this is frusterating, can someone please help? and tell me in baby talk how I should do this. I've read all the posts, but nothing seems to help, please post or PM if you can help, thanks.

Feedback Score
    briangill
    you could also get rid of the shutter sound by replacing the shutter wav file with one that has no sound; attached a zip file the muted wav file

i replaced shutter3.wav and it makes no sound when i take a picture

does anyone know the exact instuctions of this on a razr vc3 ??

need to know where to find this file exactly, and is it possible to replace it. ?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    okay so i have the ringers on the phone (finally got MPT and it was easy), and I have applied an mp3 to incoming calls (that works too, sweet), but how do you apply rings to individual callers? I go to my contacts list and choose one of my mp3's as a ringer for them and it doesnt apply. What am i doing wrong?

Also anybody know how to get otherskins for the phone?

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yo your tha best man. You know how long I've been waiting for that crack. Thanx man. Rahdizzle

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cornerstone
    okay so i have the ringers on the phone (finally got MPT and it was easy), and I have applied an mp3 to incoming calls (that works too, sweet), but how do you apply rings to individual callers? I go to my contacts list and choose one of my mp3's as a ringer for them and it doesnt apply. What am i doing wrong?

Also anybody know how to get otherskins for the phone?
    Read your manual.. Its in there!
    Current Phone: Blackberry Bold 2: 9700 Bell Mobility..

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QPhone
    Both of you guys... after you reboot, goto settings/ringstyles/scroll down to soft then press "enter" the middle button of the menu button./scroll down to calls/ now you can find you new mp3 (they are in alphabetical order)

have fun!

Dude you are a king! i was in the same boat as that other guy, tryin to apply it.. this is awesome. ringtone city, here i come. however i do have troubles keeping the connection with my razr v3c and Motorola Mobile Phone Tools.

Device(s)
    HTC S720
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    tried it, worked forst go, thanks a lot, i really wanted to get a razr and the fact that I couldn't put my own songs on it really put me off, but you have helped big time thanks again!

Feedback Score
    I get the message:

"Access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the phone provider."

This happends when I try to add my Mp3 to this folder:

/motorola/shared/audio

Is there any hope..?
    Last edited by Skatzz; 04-14-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    Any Ideas..?

Feedback Score
    Hi read through the posts it is like a piece of cake first transfer all your ring tone with MPT to your audio file close Mpt open Bitpim remove the two file in the file system 1.MyToneDB.db 2.TmpTneDB.db disconect your phone from computer then shut down your phone and restart after 1 minute and you are in I did it on three V3C already and it work perfect good luck.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Awesome!

Wow... Thanks so much for sharing this... MPT and the ability to build my own ringtones is going to make me rethink leaving Telus once number portability comes in...
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    Motorola Razer V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I have just finished reading every single post in this thread. Ugh that took a while.

This thread really needs to be summed up in a single post.

I've been taking notes as I've read the thread so I'm half-way there. I'll post it up soon under something like "The Newbies guide to the Telus RAZR MP3s" or something.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razer V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Ok has anyone actually done this via bluetooth? I'm having nothing but problems no matter what I try. I'll run Motorola PST Phone Programmer which apparantly detects my phone and then P2KCommander which won't let me select "P2K Mobile phone." and claims my phone isn't connected. I set the program to run in Win98 compatibility mode as suggested at this guide but when I run it that way I get:

until I disable compatability mode.

I tried MPT but the program refuses to update itself to the neccesary version.

And apparantly BitPIM is not compatible with bluetooth (from what I've read here on the forums.)

Ironically when I click on "My Bluetooth Places" Under "My Computer" (Installed by my Bluetooth 2.0 USB adaptor.) I am instantly able to connect with my phone and see several folders on it. I can copy MP3's to my phone this way which I can play but not set as a ringtone.

Man this crap sure ain't user friendly.
    Last edited by jasonh1234; 04-18-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast