Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Apply Mp3 As Ringtone On Razr Solved

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This works!! I was pulling out my hair for days trying to find out how to fix this. THANKS!
    Express Yourself Don't Repress Yourself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Talus91
    Keep in mind that BitPim does not work very well on the V3c, and can be a bit of a pain to get connected, it is only needed to remove the 2 above mentioned files, and does work fine for that. Open up settings on BitPim, phone type is: Other CDMA Phone, then click on the browse button thats beside the com port, make sure you select Motorola USB Modem. Once done you should be able to view the file tree and delete the 2 files.
    did all that...however, it says "phone detection failed"

man...nothing's working well for me....both PST/P2K commander and Bitpim are having the same issue detecting my phone

maybe it's something wrong with my comp.....

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Even when I did it succesfully, it never detected the phone but I was able to browse the 'file system' and delete the two files.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by footmatix
    Even when I did it succesfully, it never detected the phone but I was able to browse the 'file system' and delete the two files.
    hey, it does work

thanks bro!

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckham23
    hey, it does work

thanks bro!
    no worries

Feedback Score
    Hello to everybody. I read this thread many times and I have gotten MPT 4.04 to work and recognize my phone and also downloaded the newest version of bitpim. What I couldn't figure out is how do I put the music on the MPT files so I can make a ringtone out of it. Can somebody walk me though the process and can I download music straight to the MPT coming from my CD? Thanks and I'd appreciate all the help.

Hent...

Device(s)
    LG Prada
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Is there anyway to make this work with a Rokr E1

I tried but without success, p2kman updates the list of files on the phone but I cant view any of them, its like they are all hidden... bitpim doesnt detect the phone, but when I try to go to filelist is does something, then like p2kman, does not show any files...

Any help ?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by impstek
    Is there anyway to make this work with a Rokr E1

I tried but without success, p2kman updates the list of files on the phone but I cant view any of them, its like they are all hidden... bitpim doesnt detect the phone, but when I try to go to filelist is does something, then like p2kman, does not show any files...

Any help ?
    Can't help with p2kman, but with BitPim... BitPim's "Detect phone" only detects phones that it supports. You can to set it to "Other CDMA phone" and the port you are on and try that.

If expanding the filesystem tree does nothing, check the Protocol Logging tab and see what it's doing.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys... I'm new to this stuff... I just got a Motorola Razr V3C... I have uploaded the ringtone I want and it is in my audio file, however I can't set it as the ringtone... I've tried following the advice posted but for some reason BitPim will not detect my phone... when I set the settings to "other CMDA"... and click browse only "AC97 Data Fax SoftModem with SmartCP" comes up... is that just the modem for my computer? Why isn't it detecting my phone?

Also I tried just expanding the filesystem tree but nothing comes up
    Last edited by Heyninck; 03-15-2006 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Addition

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyninck
    Hey guys... I'm new to this stuff... I just got a Motorola Razr V3C... I have uploaded the ringtone I want and it is in my audio file, however I can't set it as the ringtone... I've tried following the advice posted but for some reason BitPim will not detect my phone... when I set the settings to "other CMDA"... and click browse only "AC97 Data Fax SoftModem with SmartCP" comes up... is that just the modem for my computer? Why isn't it detecting my phone?

Also I tried just expanding the filesystem tree but nothing comes up
    Sounds like you need the Motorola USB modem drivers installed. I think those are installed with the Motorola PhoneTools package (retail software) or may be available in the MotoModders' Win2K/WinXP Motorola DriverPack, Version 2.9 (http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=77 - scroll down).

Device(s)
    Motorolla Razr V3 c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    yea it works i jsut did it on my phone just go to ring styles and pick witch one you want

Feedback Score

Question Bluetooth ?

Hi,

If I dont have the USB cable and only a Bluetooth connection, can I connect with BITM ? P2K ? and other software.

I've been able to transfer my mp3, and pictures on the phone, but haven't been able to use any software, and I can't see the MOTOROLA MODEM in BITM.

Thanks for your help !

Feedback Score

Damnit!!!

still not working! I tried installing the drivers but I still got nothin! BitPim is just flat out refusing to recognize my phone!

Device(s)
    HTC Tee Seven Two Seven Nine (escaped from Moto before they run out of lifeboats)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by footmatix
    MAN IT WORKED FOR ME TOO!!! even when BIT PIM said there was "no detection".

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast