Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Apply Mp3 As Ringtone On Razr Solved

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Oh boy that HellfireX he's such a post hore, oh no I'm pulling a HellfireX now lol

Feedback Score

Setting ringtones on my Telus Razr V3c

Quote Originally Posted by Talus91
    Been playing with my Razr for a few days, and have managed to get the ringtones working.

First of all, load any mp3 or mp3's you wish to use into your phone via MPT, once you have transferred the mp3's close MPT and start up BitPim, Then using BitPim go into the "filesystem tab and delete the files "MyToneDB.db" and "TmpTneDB.db, reboot your phone and then assign ringtones.
    The option in BitPim to delete the two files is greyed out. Is that because my phone is locked? If so, how do I unlock it?

Uh, that would be right click delete. (Mac user. can you tell?)
    Last edited by pedron; 03-07-2006 at 01:07 AM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pedron
    The option in BitPim to delete the two files is greyed out. Is that because my phone is locked? If so, how do I unlock it?

Uh, that would be right click delete. (Mac user. can you tell?)
    I think by default BitPim is set to not allow write operations (to save you from destroying your phone). Check in the program options, there should be a way to activate write operations.

Feedback Score

Vancouver

Been playing with my Razr for a few days, and have managed to get the ringtones working.

First of all, load any mp3 or mp3's you wish to use into your phone via MPT, once you have transferred the mp3's close MPT and start up BitPim, Then using BitPim go into the "filesystem tab and delete the files "MyToneDB.db" and "TmpTneDB.db, reboot your phone and then assign ringtones.
    Hi Talus,

I am very new at this game so please be patient. I launched BitPim (latest version) and after few tries I can see those files but I am unable to delete them. What amI doing wrong?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Read the post immediately before your post and see if it might apply to your situation too.
    Last edited by Toru; 03-07-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Toru
    Read the post immediately before your post and see if it might apply to your situation too.
    Toru,

Thanks for the sugestion. After some more tries I did manage to delete the two files but the MP3 files that were there still don't work as ringtones. Anything that was there from factory works fine. Anything that I added with Motorola's software shows in the directory and plays but cannot be applied as a ringtone.

All of this leads me to my next pondering. It clearly stated in the Motorola's tools that you can add your own ringtones. Would'nt that be false advertising?

I am getting very annoyed.

Dan

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Me right there
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Dan your not trying to Apply As Ringtone from the media menu are you?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDan
    Toru,

Thanks for the sugestion. After some more tries I did manage to delete the two files but the MP3 files that were there still don't work as ringtones. Anything that was there from factory works fine. Anything that I added with Motorola's software shows in the directory and plays but cannot be applied as a ringtone.

All of this leads me to my next pondering. It clearly stated in the Motorola's tools that you can add your own ringtones. Would'nt that be false advertising?

I am getting very annoyed.

Dan
    My understanding (not my experience) is that if you delete the two .DB files in the root of the filesystem and restart the phone (power cycle) then all music files in /motorola/shared/audio should be included in the list of available ringtones.

I don't do it that way, and never have.

I was just pointing out that BitPim by default has write operations disabled. It looks like you are past that though if you have successfully deleted the .DB files.

From the Telus Mobility website:

Motorola PCS Mobile Phone Tools V4.0 For RAZR
    Coming soon
    Original Motorola Mobile Phone Tools V4.0 For RAZR, Create your own ringtones, customize images and download screen savers, Synchronize your calender and phonebook, Connect to the internet, send and receive emails and SMS text messages

If you bought MPT from Telus to put custom ringtones on the phone, I suggest you call Client Care and ask them about it.

Device(s)
    HTC P4000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Create your own ringtones != apply your own ringtones...
    R.K.Himura
    If the good guy gets the girl, it's rated PG; if the bad guy gets the girl, it's rated R; and if everybody gets the girl, it's rated X - Kirk Douglas

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Himura
    Create your own ringtones != apply your own ringtones...
    This reminds me of the Kyocera Desktop Phone software. It would allow you to upload ringtones - monophonic only. The phone supported polyphonic ringtones, shipped with some and could download them from Telus, but the desktop software would NOT upload polyphonic files.

I finally tracked down technical support at Kyocera Wireless and they told me the software was designed that way to prevent customers from putting polyphonic ringtones on the phones without buying them from the carrier.

They could allow MPT to upload ringtones that could be used by the phone, all it would have to do is insert a sample of Madonna saying, "What the *** do you think you're doing?" in the middle of each one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by o0JoeCool0o
    Dan your not trying to Apply As Ringtone from the media menu are you?
    Yes I was. Corrected my bad habit and all seems fine now. It is funny that Motorola will use one way of assigning ring tones in one handset (V551) and a different way in another. So much for standards.

Thanks guys for the patience and understanding.
    Now for my next project: Holographic Backgrounds!

Just kidding.

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (sucks)
    Feedback Score

Verison Subscriber

Will this work for Verizon... I've actually been trying to follow Mie_Venture's instructions http://www.v710.org/mark/ and kepp coming up short... Will try your way next but I can't put any MP3's in the Sounds directory using BITPIM... get an exception error. Can put files in other directories like RINGTONES (with no error) but never see the tunes on the phone...

Feedback Score

not sure,

hey guys, so i followed the instructions..i was able to copy over the mp3'sin the melody thing in MPT, did the delete files with bitpim but i still cant not seem to turn the file into a ringtone?

where exactly do i dothis? from the media center on the phone/

Feedback Score
    Nevermind...i'm not very bright at 230 in the morning!

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

thx, works like a charm....

by the way, is there any way to adjust the volume of the mp3s? i find they are a little low....(even with max volume setting on the phone)

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast