Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nextel Direct Talk Moto Talk Frequencies i355 i305 i275 i325

Device(s)
    NEXTEL i930
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score

Nextel Direct Talk Moto Talk Frequencies i355 i305 i275 i325

By changing the phone number in the "my info" in the menu I was able to create a "digital" off network two-way network for my company. I assigned a new two digit number replacing the 10 digit cell phone number Nextel puts in. We use over 35 of the phones in our facility. I can key up a user by dialing there new 2 digit number rather than having to deal with the phone book or remembering a old 10 digit number. None of the phones are activated, they all were bought off ebay, so the system is basically a free "digital" two-way radio system. So far we have got better range then our uhf Motorola business two-ways. Plus we get the added bonus of being able to key up 1 user privately, instead of every user on the channel being able to listen in like with our Uhf radios. I also recently discovered that phones on the same channel with different codes can still talk by using the private talk feature (typing the users 10 digit number in or 2 in my case). I have began to place different departments on different codes. This allows for more available air time for each department but still allows users from different departments to contact each other by using the private talk feature or switching to the code of that dept. I tried to type this all out as logical as possible if you have any questions just let me know. Has anyone been able to figure out the frequencies that direct talk uses.

Stuck in Traffic in Raleigh, NC (SID 144)
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 9 on VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Arrow

Direct Talk operates in the 900Mhz ISM band in a digital spread spectrum format...in short don't count on being able to monitor Direct Talk with a police scanner...
    Last edited by YoDude; 03-19-2006 at 12:00 PM.

Device(s)
    The MAXXXXXXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this. It is a great example of a very creative use of DT.

While Motorola would have rather you purchase their high end digital business radios you saved a TON of money going with Nextel units and it sounds like you gave up nothing in terms of useability.

On top of everything else, one nice thing is that if you want to have a private conversation you can do so without risk of anyone else hearing it or having it pickup on someone's scanner.

-D

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good work Mike but I have seen essentually the same post by you in three threads and thats a No-no!
    Now I am going to move this thread to the software sub-forum where I will sticky it. Please do not cross post again

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3T
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM
    Feedback Score
    direct talk seemed like **** today. i tried it for the first time up in the catskills (NY). me and my friend were on a bus. at one point we were like a foot away and it just kept telling me theirs no service.

Device(s)
    NEXTEL i930
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    You might have been on diffrent channels or codes. Its hard to say theres alot of diffrent things that come into play. Our facility is close to 16 acres and we have less than two dead spots both in deep within metal bulidings.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyCarts
    direct talk seemed like **** today. i tried it for the first time up in the catskills (NY). me and my friend were on a bus. at one point we were like a foot away and it just kept telling me theirs no service.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3T
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM
    Feedback Score
    i wouldnt make that mistake but w/e. no big deal. just kinda dissappointing cause it wouldve been fun to communicate on the slopes

Device(s)
    3580i
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I've been to Round Top in the Catskills for years and the phone beeps all day long like it's getting a signal but it's fake. Drives you nuts. I think only ATiT only worked up there. So the direct talk needs service? I thought it was like a FRS radio when in that mode. (Noone here to try it with)
    Paul
    Nextel BB 8350i

Device(s)
    Nextel i415, i205, i530(main)
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel, Boost(prepaid)
    Feedback Score

Off-Network D.C

[B]I toyed with the numbers stored in 'my profiles' and the off-network trick does not work with the i415 boost phones.

I changed the WT ID, then the phone's number, but to no avail...NADA!

Maybe on the higher tiered models this will work, but no joy on the i415s.

As a side note, I just dumped my post paid accounts for Boost prepaid, and I'm now finding a little time to toy with some of the features the phone has, but I don't have access to RSS or a cable, which would be a plus.

I'll tinker around with the keypad to see if I can't come across a hidden menu.

You never know until you try!

Enterprise.....One to beam up!

Ernest A. Erickson
    Applied Electronic Communications, AEC
    P.O Box 162
    St. Germain, WI. 54558
    [email protected]
    *Radio people do it with frequency*

Feedback Score
    Great use of DT feature, but I'm curious as to why the i305 was included in the subject? It does not have DT feature on it, or is there something I don't know about my phone?

Thanks,

BA

Device(s)
    NEXTEL i930
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    You are correct, the i305 does not have DT. My typo.

Quote Originally Posted by badandydc
    Great use of DT feature, but I'm curious as to why the i305 was included in the subject? It does not have DT feature on it, or is there something I don't know about my phone?

Thanks,

BA

Device(s)
    V3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would like to do something similar.

First, will the phone turn on and allow usage of DT without a sim card?

Also, how do you change the DT number for a phone?

Device(s)
    NEXTEL i930
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    You will need sim cards for every phone. Thats what stores the phones Numerical ID. DT will not boot without one.

Device(s)
    NEXTEL i930
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    With DT it uses your phones Phone Number not Direct Connect number. Simply go into "my info" on the phone and change the phone number for Line 1 to the number you desire. I now have over 20 of these in use still working flawlessly for over a year now. They are a great solution over GMRS walkie s.

Feedback Score
    does anyone of you guys know if the i830 is Direct Talk Capable???????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast