Thread: Phone calls before 8am......

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Question Phone calls before 8am......

If I make a call right before 8am say 7:50am, and talk for 3 hours. Will I be switched to daytime after 10 minutes?

I'm using the 2 year old $45 Leisure Unlimited Evening / Weekend plan.

Thanks,

~MyPatPat~

Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    This was discussed in a previous thread and from my understanding from reading that thread, calls made at 7:50am and lasts for 3 hours will be billed as night minutes.

Feedback Score
    Exactly, and calls made 5:50pm and last 3 hours will be billed as day minutes.
    Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What happens if you are Roaming, make a local call in the city you are roaming, are on the hwy driving, then switch to a cell site which is long distance ?

You know what I mean ??

Would you be charged long distance on the switch ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by YNOTT
    What happens if you are Roaming, make a local call in the city you are roaming, are on the hwy driving, then switch to a cell site which is long distance ?

You know what I mean ??

Would you be charged long distance on the switch ?
    I brought the exact same question up with Rogers CS when I bought my phone a couple of weeks back.
    Quick answer: NO
    Long answer: Billing is generated from the initiating tower (i.e. from where you place your call). The example I was given was that if you place a call to a Toronto number from Toronto, and you make a 1 hour drive to Barrie, assuming that your call is not dropped, you are still considered (from a billing perspective) 'local'. The reason why I brought this up with them (Rogers) is that I live in a borderline Toronto home area (north of T.O.) where there are two competing towers. If I place a call from my window, it's local for me to call 416 for example. If I move into my home or in the basement (where signal is still excellent by the way), then the system tells me that the call is long distance. So as long as I initiate my call by my window (without dialling a '1') I can move anywhere I like. Interestingly, they assured me that even the second competing tower (the outside Toronto home area one) will allow me to receive ALL calls... locally. So I don't have to worry about receiving calls anywhere in my home and being charged long distance.

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info...
    Your situation is very interesting , thats gotta be strange as hell having long distance vs local just by moving around in your home

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ya it's a strange one alright... it's just something I have to put up with if I'm going to stay GSM. Only carriers I have a choice with (full mobility, no long distance) are Bell Mobility and Mike.

I'm happy to report that reception as well as incoming reliablility (i.e. caller-to-voicemail-no-ring-arrrg) are excellent anywhere in my home, whichever tower the system decides upon.

Device(s)
    T68i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    but i thought when you started the call 5:50 till say 7:00 they will charge you the 1 hour 10 minutes day time but if you ask them they will credit it back as only 10 minutes daytime and 50 minutes night..?

Feedback Score
    They will charge you at day time minutes....becasue you made the call b4 the free time..
    My HOFO Feedback!