Thread: Rogers hardware upgrade story

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Rogers hardware upgrade story

Another one....

Not mine, but my best friend calls Rogers yesterday, was told he can get the upgrade to a v60t for $150. He even got the guys name and made sure acct was documented. So I got him to call again today to confirm cause I know you get diff stories from diff reps....Anyways apparently now the acct is noted that not eligible for upgrade till March. Whats up with that ! The guy could of noted the acct that he screwed up and gave wrong info(I guess I wouldnt of done that either..lol). Now he's trying to get the upgrade and is being told no all over the place. The original oral agreement should be honoured, I mean whats the big deal !

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    your friend should've gotten the upgrade the first time he asked. then it would've been done for sure instead of waiting till later.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+/5/4, Moto G LTE, Nokia E63, & data devices
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score

Re: Rogers hardware upgrade story

Originally posted by YNOTT
    Another one....

Not mine, but my best friend calls Rogers yesterday, was told he can get the upgrade to a v60t for $150. He even got the guys name and made sure acct was documented. So I got him to call again today to confirm cause I know you get diff stories from diff reps....Anyways apparently now the acct is noted that not eligible for upgrade till March. Whats up with that ! The guy could of noted the acct that he screwed up and gave wrong info(I guess I wouldnt of done that either..lol). Now he's trying to get the upgrade and is being told no all over the place. The original oral agreement should be honoured, I mean whats the big deal !
    Technically it wasn't an agreement, it was an offer. YOur friend didn't accept it. He called to accept it the next day but Rogers withdrew it. This is all permitted under the common law precepts of contracts.

The first guy made a mistake. The second guy realized it and rescinded the offer. I feel sorry for your friend, but c'est la vie.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3 RAZR BLACK
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Smile If at first...

you don't succeed, try, try and try calling again and again!! Hopefully, your friend will get a "cooperative" CSR who will let him do the upgrade. Patience is key to success at Rogers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: If at first...

Originally posted by NeoChink
    you don't succeed, try, try and try calling again and again!! Hopefully, your friend will get a "cooperative" CSR who will let him do the upgrade. Patience is key to success at Rogers.
    lol..that's funny, thats exactly what I told him. I know a few people that unfort had to do the same thing to get what they want. I mean if you make an offer in good faith, stick to it.

Device(s)
    R520
    Feedback Score

FACT IS FACT

If a customer's time is up (I think is 2 years) for hardware upgrade, he is entitled to one and I believe he will, and can, get it. But if the time is not up yet and he calls and asks for one, if he gets it, that's his luck. The first CSR could have made a mistake and thought the customer is entitle to one, but later on he recognized his mistake and noted it in the system; and I don't see anything wrong with it. the customer is just out of luck.

Feedback Score

Re: If at first...

Hopefully, your friend will get a "cooperative" CSR who will let him do the upgrade.

A CSR has no say over letting a customer upgrade. If a customer is not eligible and even if we say yes, the hardware upgrade will be denied by the distribution center, or through the hardware upgrade line if your trying through the store. A CSR can only put eligibility remarks on an account and order an upgrade through distribution. To be totally honest I have seen the distribution center accidentally let one or 2 go through over the years since we started with this hup method.

As far as the oral representation that your friend was given, Rogers have all their bases covered. If you read the back of your contract it states that you agree that Rogers will not be held responsible for any misinformation given to you orally or written by a csr or an agent.
    Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I understand that , problem is it happens way to often. The funny thing is I've been a Rogers supporter for years and have gotten many people on board. However having said that, they have a lot of shortcomings. There is too much information to absorb and many CSR's don't seem to be able to absorb it. Felix is there to help, CSR's should check all info before giving what they think is the answer to the customer.

I personally have not had any problems on Rogers, I guess cause I inform myself before I even need to call them via website or this newsgroup. Think of how many people you know of that have been misinformed, or have had a different answer everytime they speak to someone.

Its got to improve !

Feedback Score
    I absolutely agree with you 100%. It does need a gret deal of improvement. Roger's needs more call quality testing in the major call centers. They have a higher percentage of misinformation because with more people they can't be watched as closely. They need to put ME in charge of it. lol. Give me a big raise too!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 9800 Torch
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Try calling customer relations - I think they have a little more latitude to help customers.

Feedback Score
    Don't believe all the CSR said. They are all over promise. Now all the CSR can offer the hardware upgrade through the phone. They can say they will send you a phone, but after that, just a story. they don't check that are you eligible to upgrade.

I'll recommend that go to dealer, let the dealer call the hardware upgrade department to confirm. Because you can get the phone from them right away.

If you used your phone over 2 years, then you can get upgrade. If you used less than 1.5 years. Forget it. buy your own phone or wait.
    My HOFO Feedback!

Device(s)
    Motorola V3 RAZR BLACK
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: If at first...

Originally posted by Heero Yuy
    A CSR has no say over letting a customer upgrade. If a customer is not eligible and even if we say yes, the hardware upgrade will be denied by the distribution center, or through the hardware upgrade line if your trying through the store. A CSR can only put eligibility remarks on an account and order an upgrade through distribution. To be totally honest I have seen the distribution center accidentally let one or 2 go through over the years since we started with this hup method.
    That is not 100% true...when my 8260 crapped out, I was 2 months shy for my hardware upgrade but I also knew that patience was key...one or two complaint calls a day for a week and they will got the picture...I got my phone through the distribution centre because (i) they couldn't process it normally through a dealer because I am on one of the ancient corporate plans and in order to process a hardware upgrade now, the system prompts for a price plan change because it would not allow for a hup with the current plan but I got a very helpful CSR who found a way around it (I think it was processing an extension for 2 yrs then doing the hup...not exacty sure) Once again, my point is patience combined with the right amount of *****ing will do the trick...that is how I did it for my last 2 hup's..

Device(s)
    Motorola 270c
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility in Telus coverage
    Feedback Score
    Patience is always the key........
    I wish being a moron hurt.............a lot!
    http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/troyhaddad/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=Kick+me.jpg&.view=t

Feedback Score

Re: Re: Re: If at first...

That is not 100% true...when my 8260 crapped out, I was 2 months shy for my hardware upgrade but I also knew that patience was key...one or two complaint calls a day for a week and they will got the picture...I got my phone through the distribution centre because (i) they couldn't process it normally through a dealer because I am on one of the ancient corporate plans and in order to process a hardware upgrade now, the system prompts for a price plan change because it would not allow for a hup with the current plan but I got a very helpful CSR who found a way around it (I think it was processing an extension for 2 yrs then doing the hup...not exacty sure) Once again, my point is patience combined with the right amount of *****ing will do the trick...that is how I did it for my last 2 hup's..

I don't suppose that was within the last few months though? Rogers from the corporate level have really been cracking down on hups. Took the ability away from customer relations to do exceptions for it even. We have lost a good deal of customers from this but is saving Rogers a butt load of money. I am talking 3-4 million a month.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I can see how Rogers would not be crazy about giving rebates for phones. I mean they are in business to make money. Maybe some sort of program based on seniority to reward long standing customers (such as myself of course..lol). I think all they really have in place for tenure reward is 10 min/mth bonus ,which is what I'm getting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast