Thread: Sony Ericcson ?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    o2
    Feedback Score

Sony Ericcson ?

Hi

I am confused here, i downloaded the new update software for Sony Ericsson P900, which was on their official support site, and i went through the normal procedure of downloading the software to the desktop, and then went through the stages of extracting the files, and did a nice new restart of my pc, and then had a crack of starting the new update manager, it was sheer simplicity at first, the sound of music and then a swirling pattern of shapes and circles, and it went through the stages of setting up the connection, and what you have to do is read the terms, (a very annoying little feature, every time you restart you have to go through the sequence) however if you just scroll down, the accept button becomes available, click accept, and then on the screen there is a couple of jpeg piccies resembling two different types of phone connection, i clicked on the picture that resembles my P900, then it moves onto a new screen, it tells you in steps what to do, 1 turn off your phone( ha ha ha ) 2 remove your sim card, 3 replace the battery, 4 place in cradle or holder, it then goes onto another kind of detection screen, and it is coming up with 14 red progress bars and indicates that there is no deskstand connected, and this is quite frustrating because i have installed the deskstand, and i am aware it is working because it is charging the phones up??? SEP900 and SE K700i
    S.P.Waller

Device(s)
    N97, N900
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile (us)
    Feedback Score
    It's so stupid but you have to disable the USB connection that the SE sync station software locks. Right click on the 'Phone Connection Link' in your system tray->Properties and uncheck USB. Then the update will work. After that you have to check it again to be able to sync.

Insane SE !!!!!!!!!
    haritia

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    o2
    Feedback Score

Sony Ericsson ??

Hi Haritia

Thanks most kindly for supplying me with that help, much appreciated, i am trying first with my SE K700i, and if all goes well, i shall also try SEP900

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    o2
    Feedback Score

Update ?

Hi Haritia

My SE K700i updated well enough, and then i did as i had said and also updated my SEP900, everything went okay, but i have realised that every now and again, the time is wrong on my P900, and i have had to go into the usual menu, to solve this, ie control panel, time and date, and then set to europe, and twenty four hour clock, and it is getting annoying after a few days???

Have you tried the update service ??
    Any info would be much appreciated