Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Treo 650 FAQ

Feedback Score
    mackman -- im back with more questions...i missed the deal last time i was here...this time before i get a 650, here are few more Qs...

1. Does this phone has high ring volume?
    2. Assuming this will allow me to set a custom wallpaper/theme....?
    3. If i a have any missed call or voice mail -- is there a feature in it to set a specific ring type for this?

thanks for the info again.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ipulaski
    mackman -- im back with more questions...i missed the deal last time i was here...this time before i get a 650, here are few more Qs...

1. Does this phone has high ring volume?
    2. Assuming this will allow me to set a custom wallpaper/theme....?
    3. If i a have any missed call or voice mail -- is there a feature in it to set a specific ring type for this?

thanks for the info again.
    1) I would say that the ring volume is loud but I've had phones that rang a lot louder. As an example, when I walk on the sidewalk next to a relatively noisy highway, it is very hard to hear the ring (or feel the vibration).

2) Yes, you can set custom wallpapers on the Treo 650

3) You will need a 3rd party application to notify you of missed calls. I use "LightWav" but there are other programs which are less expensive that will do this. The Treo 650 does not do this out of the box without a 3rd party application.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mackman6151
    does anybody know if the "unlock codes" actually unlock the treo 650 on the rogers network?

i.e. *#*#1234# then press middle button or *#*#12345678# then press middle button
    That code doesn't appear to do anything except to display a message saying that it is "unlocked". The same code has been documented with the Treo 600. A proper unlock code is unique and depends on the IMEI number.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo
    1) I would say that the ring volume is loud but I've had phones that rang a lot louder. As an example, when I walk on the sidewalk next to a relatively noisy highway, it is very hard to hear the ring (or feel the vibration).

2) Yes, you can set custom wallpapers on the Treo 650

3) You will need a 3rd party application to notify you of missed calls. I use "LightWav" but there are other programs which are less expensive that will do this. The Treo 650 does not do this out of the box without a 3rd party application.
    you can set it to beep, out of the box for notifications (missed call/text message/voicemail/email)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    you can set it to beep, out of the box for notifications (missed call/text message/voicemail/email)
    Sorry, I forgot about that.

You're correct.

I have so many things installed on my Treo 650 that I forgot about the default "Alert Manager" (flashing star on the upper left corner of the screen).

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo
    Sorry, I forgot about that.

You're correct.

I have so many things installed on my Treo 650 that I forgot about the default "Alert Manager" (flashing star on the upper left corner of the screen).
    haha yeah...and wen u hold down the middle button for 2 seconds it takes tou directly to that as well. i think they call it "Notifications".

Feedback Score
    thanks for all the helpful information.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ipulaski
    thanks for all the helpful information.
    no probs man

Feedback Score
    Ihave a treo 650 that fall a sleep and do's not come back to life only if i reset or thake the bttery off.
    Please help me

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem sometimes with my 700P. Only if it's sleep for a long time, like a slight hibernation!!!!!!!!
    “The science of today is the technology of tomorrow.”

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fouchou
    Ihave a treo 650 that fall a sleep and do's not come back to life only if i reset or thake the bttery off.
    Please help me
    i would suggest backing up your stuff, and then performming a hard reset. you may want to try a system reset, and then a soft reset, which won't erase yur data. if that doesnt work, only option is a hard reset.

removing the battery and then putting it back in, or pressing hte reset button, is a soft reset.

here is a link to give you step by step instructions.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...e,case=obj(887)

first try the system (warm) reset, followed by a soft reset (to get certain features working again). if you still have the same problem, back up your data, and try a hard reset, it should fix it. if after hard resetting the device you are still experiencing problems, then your device is probably fault, and i would suggest calling PalmOne tech support.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr FIDO
    Feedback Score
    I have the 680 - can this be done? I'd like to have it beep once every so often after a missed call or message so I know that I missed something

I've been looking but can't find anything

FIDO Network

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbusguy
    I have the 680 - can this be done? I'd like to have it beep once every so often after a missed call or message so I know that I missed something

I've been looking but can't find anything

i had the 680 for a week and didnt like it, the OS was similar in settings (minus the phone application). i can show you where it is in the 650.

press the home key until you get to all, type prefs open it, go to sounds & alerts, theres tones whichyou can set different ringtones click tones, and then in the dropbox menu under application choose messaging, input the settings you want, choose under the drop box choose messaging/ here you have different options, if you want it to beep, choose the message tone "Alert Beep". to show missed calls and other alerts, make surethe "show message alerts" and ""show receipt alerts" boxes are checked, click done. im not sure if the 680s menu is the same but since its the same PalmOS version it should be fairly similar (again minus the phone application which has been changed).

hope that helps....write back if it does so we know in the forum that 680sare the same in that respect

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11