Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will they force me to change my plan?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Will they force me to change my plan?

My 2 year contract with Rogers just expired around a month ago, and recently I switch to GSM with a SE T300. They didn't ask me to change plan as I was expecting them to, but will they forcefully change (or make me change) my plan?

BTW, my plan is $45 with the following:
    200 daytime
    unlimited evening/weekend
    400 incoming
    call display
    call waiting

And if they do force me to change plan, is there anyway I can refuse? I kinda like my plan.....

~MyPatPat~

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Re: Will they force me to change my plan?

Originally posted by mypatpat
    My 2 year contract with Rogers just expired around a month ago, and recently I switch to GSM with a SE T300. They didn't ask me to change plan as I was expecting them to, but will they forcefully change (or make me change) my plan?

BTW, my plan is $45 with the following:
    200 daytime
    unlimited evening/weekend
    400 incoming
    call display
    call waiting

And if they do force me to change plan, is there anyway I can refuse? I kinda like my plan.....

~MyPatPat~
    I've heard various theories.. but you switching to GSM didn't mean that you're renewing your contract. that's why they didn't bug you. you may want to talk to DJProc.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well I was on phone with a friend that works at one of those Chinese dealers in Toronto, this is what he told me....

1) if they call me (or whatever) and say that I must change plan, first of all simply refuse. If they stand their ground, then ask for disconnection (or threaten to, depends on how you see this).

2) Now they will either work something out, or transfer me to the disconnection department. And if they do transfer me, tell the CSR my reason for disconnection is because I couldn't keep my old plan. They should transfer me back to the activation department (or whatever it is).

3) Here come the fun part. Since I have been with them for 2 years, tell them I will only consider a change of plan, if and only if I get a free upgrade of phone. Make sure to ask for something thats not cheap and free with plan, say V60g, 6590i, or even T68i.

And now I either get to keep my plan, or I get a free phone. Win win situation for me......

Donno if this will work, just sharing what I have.

~MyPatPat~

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Originally posted by mypatpat
    Well I was on phone with a friend that works at one of those Chinese dealers in Toronto, this is what he told me....

1) if they call me (or whatever) and say that I must change plan, first of all simply refuse. If they stand their ground, then ask for disconnection (or threaten to, depends on how you see this).

2) Now they will either work something out, or transfer me to the disconnection department. And if they do transfer me, tell the CSR my reason for disconnection is because I couldn't keep my old plan. They should transfer me back to the activation department (or whatever it is).

3) Here come the fun part. Since I have been with them for 2 years, tell them I will only consider a change of plan, if and only if I get a free upgrade of phone. Make sure to ask for something thats not cheap and free with plan, say V60g, 6590i, or even T68i.

And now I either get to keep my plan, or I get a free phone. Win win situation for me......

Donno if this will work, just sharing what I have.

~MyPatPat~
    keep your plan.. screw the free phone. cause a free phone pays for itself. if you switch your plan you'll get screwed by per minute billing, no 400 first incoming minutes free and you'll have to pay for call ID. you can always buy gsm phones and just put your sim into them. you don't even need rogers anymore with GSM and you'll never have to buy hardware from them again.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I could careless about the free phone, my friend says in most likelyhood they'll somehow let me keep my plan.

So Rogers' new plans are strictly per minute billing? That is, no more first minute then per second?

~MyPatPat~

Device(s)
    Currently: Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    When a contract is expired, can they change your plan without asking? Or do they need comfirmation first?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From my understanding, Rogers will not make any changes to customers plans unless you make the change. If you change to a different plan then the new plan will then and only then charge per minute billing. If you decide you need extra minutes just add the minute buckets to the plan but don't change it.

Ed-Mon-Ton, City a Champs...and Don't Ever 4get it!!!
    Device(s)
    nokia 3390, Nokia 3590, Nokia 8390 (All Unlocked), Motorola c333(soon 2 be unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    Don't worry man.. as long as you don't do anything to your account than you'll be fine.... switching to GSM is a hardware change..... remember.... Rogers doesn't care if you have a phone period, jus' as long as they get their money....

Feedback Score
    1) PHONE UPGRADE PRICES ARE NOT ... I REPEAT .... NOT NEGOTIABLE ..... THERE IS NO F'ING WAY YOU CAN GET A PHONE CHEAPER IF YOU THREATEN TO CANCEL. Those phone upgrade prices are etched in gold.

2) You're at NO obligation to change your price plan. Go to a dealer and have the upgrade done there. Being a dealer myself ... they never question me with regards to changing their outdated price plans.

3) Don't whatever you do ... do not switch your price plan. ALL of Roger's pp's are per minute and don't have free caller ID or FIM (except a few).

4) Rogers does not automatically switch ppl's price plans without their consent/authorization. If so, take it to court (j/k)

Device(s)
    Sharp,V902SH, Samsung S200,V200
    Carrier(s)
    rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Don't worry.. they won't force u to change the plan... I did the same thing as u did when I got my Nokia 8890 . I called the Rogers CS and told them I have GSM phone all I wanted is a Sim card.,,, they never asked me to changed the plan... now I am still in my old plan... I keep this plan for 3 years up to now ....

Feedback Score
    If you don't do any hardware upgrade. They won't change your plan unless you requested.

If you do it. You can only keep the plan that included first incoming minutes free, those old plan. renew 2 years.

If you have the plan that base plan + option plan. ($10+10 or other) , you need to change to new price plan.

So, don't change your old plan. Keep it. All new plans are expensive than the old one.
    My HOFO Feedback!

Feedback Score
    I've only ever seen it happen a couple of times. In those cases the customers plan was so old that regular account maintenence could not be done because of missing socs that are no longer in vision 21. In these cases the customer was contacted in writing atleast 30 days prior to changing.
    Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

Device(s)
    Ancient Nokia 6160
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been with Rogers since they were Cantel AT&T so I've got an ancient Nokia (which has served me well).

Since I am well past my minimum allowable upgrade time, can I get another phone (I want the Nokia 6590) which is GSM and still keep my current plan, just by telling them I want to go to the GSM service?

I called Rogers customer service and they noted my account that I am eligible for an upgrade but the CSR told me that I couldn't upgrade phones without changing plans and signing up again for another 2 years! Can I bypass them by going to an independent store?

A friend of mine was also told that, even with his cable/internet/cell service with Rogers, he couldn't upgrade his phone without changing to a new (more expensive) plan and signing for another 2 years!

What's the deal here? It seems like there is no reward for loyalty.

Any advice about my upgrade situation is appreciated.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    BB 9900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Gadgetmon
    From my understanding, Rogers will not make any changes to customers plans unless you make the change. If you change to a different plan then the new plan will then and only then charge per minute billing. If you decide you need extra minutes just add the minute buckets to the plan but don't change it.
    last time bro's plan expired, they changed his plan to something else in the same price range... No more 400 incomin, etc... without any notifications.. HE called in and *****ed at them about it... So they were forced to change it back to the original, because they didn't have any notifications or authroziation to change the plan... they also gave him 2 8260's for free too (this was 2 - 3 years ago) so 8260's were NEW back then! HEHE.. So he got his price plan back and 2 NEW PHONEs since he has 2 phones on his account! hehe..

Feedback Score
    haaaa... really no special for the old customer.... you need to change your plan, also you need to renew 2 yrs.... also you need to pay the expensive price to get the phone....

for new customer, get more special than the old one... so cancel the old one and get a new one... what's the point to keep the old one, they don't know what's the loyalty, they only know how to make money....

new customer get more special... get some free stuff, how about onld customer, phone only, where is my case, headset or car charger, spend money to buy it, no way, I need free.....

so, what's the point.... only the old number, if i have more money, i don't mind.... noew i don't have money in my pocket..... i need free....

what do u think, old or new? or loyalty?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast