Thread: Need advice on my second phone (possible SLVR)

Device(s)
    Cingular 8125 w/ Moto H3 Headset
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Orange
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Need advice on my second phone (possible SLVR)

alright i just recently got into (collecting) cell phones again. i was plagued with the loveliness of my parents buying me the horrible "free sign on plan" phone which was normally a very basic Nokia or an LG.. i just recently got a V3 Razr and now i want to get another one.. there's three things that i am asking right now.

1) What's the best place online to buy a Moto SLVR(preferrably black) excluding(and i will ignore all of these suggestions) Ebay. i hate ebay for this kind of stuff and i will not trust it. especially with all the topics posted about how many people get jewed on ebay. (if it's cheaper at the cingular store... which there's plenty of in orlando, just tell me.)

2) I am keeping my Razr-- and I notice a lot of you people have multiple phones.. Did you just buy another SIM card and set it up, and how easy is it to do? I have cingular.

3) How well does Cingular like me having multiple phones on one number? Will it really matter? If it does, tell me first. Because there's no way i'm going out and buying another line/number for that phone.
    Last edited by senofed; 12-30-2005 at 04:34 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by senofed

3) How well does Cingular like me having multiple phones on one number? Will it really matter? If it does, tell me first. Because there's no way i'm going out and buying another line/number for that phone.
    cingular doesnt allow muliple #s on one sim. the only carrier that i know that does that are the carriers in europe and in asia. all you gotta do is just take the sim from one phone and place it to another.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Orange
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kamusta ka
    cingular doesnt allow muliple #s on one sim. the only carrier that i know that does that are the carriers in europe and in asia. all you gotta do is just take the sim from one phone and place it to another.
    that's what i figured.. no problem really. i was reading that it has PTT which i'm excited about.

Device(s)
    T Mobile Sidekick LX, T Mobile Sidekick 3, Sidekick 2
    Carrier(s)
    Bluegrass Cellular,
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm Chellabella, and I'm a phoneaholic. If I can put games, or a pink faceplate on it, or if it just looks cool, I want it. Needless to say, there are way too many cell phones in my house. What I do is always make sure the phone I am getting is unlocked, or at least unlockable. Now, you may hate eBay for buying a phone but buying a Tmobile sim card is a different thing. I have gotten prepaid sim cards with $30 airtime for $10 off there. If you really dont want to mess with them then just get a prepaid activation kit straight from tmobile. Just pop a prepaid sim in your other phone and use it just to text message or for a backup phone. This worked out great for me, because I have a plan with unlimited minutes but no text messaging included. Now that I am on the gold rewards thing, I can stretch $10 prepaid cards a couple of months just using my other phones to text and for backup when reception on my main phone isn't good.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Orange
    Feedback Score
    bump, only one question was answered. where do you guys get your phones online?