Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 158

Thread: PM225 answers (so far)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    261
    Device(s)
    vx8100
    Feedback Score
    0
    can you not add the .jar files via the ringtone menu in bitpim?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in a van by the river
    Posts
    47
    Device(s)
    hitachi sh-g1000
    Carrier(s)
    Sprextel
    Feedback Score
    0
    you can upload them that way, but the contentInfo file is not edited correctly.
    I miss Nextel, sprint still sucks

    if your wondering about the screen name, its 'cause i signed up "just to search"

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey guys,

    I just hooked my phone up and attempted to use bitPim with catastrophic results

    Initially everything was fine while reading the information, of which there was very little. I attempted to upload the phonebook and got a crc error. I turned off the phone, and shut down bitpim. Turned the phone back on without incident, but only 1 of my 8 phonebook entries was there. I deleted the group it was in, restarted bitpim, and attempted to load the phone book which seemingly worked, but shortly after the process completed my phone shut off and then turned back on and then started an endless loop of what appear to be reboots.

    I couldn't get it to stop, so I disconnected everything and unplugged the battery, then plugged it back in. Turning the phone on only causes it to enter the endless reboot loop.

    My biggest concern right now is how to get the phone to just boot up properly. Please tell me someone has a suggestion.

    Thanks

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11
    Device(s)
    LG vx8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hello,
    I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
    In th first post you said
    "Whatever you do DO NOT get the ones that charge your phone at the same time...these are unregulated power and will cook your battery."
    I just wanted to say that statement is a compelte Myth and Bull.
    A charging usb data cable has the same odds of cooking your battery as the home or car charger would. There is no difference.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    261
    Device(s)
    vx8100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by just2search
    you can upload them that way, but the contentInfo file is not edited correctly.
    What is the error, I'll try to correct it.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yorknh
    Hey guys,

    I just hooked my phone up and attempted to use bitPim with catastrophic results

    Initially everything was fine while reading the information, of which there was very little. I attempted to upload the phonebook and got a crc error. I turned off the phone, and shut down bitpim. Turned the phone back on without incident, but only 1 of my 8 phonebook entries was there. I deleted the group it was in, restarted bitpim, and attempted to load the phone book which seemingly worked, but shortly after the process completed my phone shut off and then turned back on and then started an endless loop of what appear to be reboots.

    I couldn't get it to stop, so I disconnected everything and unplugged the battery, then plugged it back in. Turning the phone on only causes it to enter the endless reboot loop.

    My biggest concern right now is how to get the phone to just boot up properly. Please tell me someone has a suggestion.

    Thanks
    I had some initial issues with CRC sends during early testing... though this was fixed with some code later.

    The problem was from some oddly ordered phone entries from previous errors. I deleted the phone entries and reuploaded my phone book data.

    I can't fix your problem, but it's probably good to have this up here for any future notice.

    Also, all testing on my side was done with the most recent firmware. (Tools, Update)

    Which reminds me, I should do some tests with the new build and oddly ordered phone entries. (delete, add)

    If you can't get access to the phone, not sure if anyone can help, have you hit up a sprint store?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in a van by the river
    Posts
    47
    Device(s)
    hitachi sh-g1000
    Carrier(s)
    Sprextel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoodsz-com
    I just wanted to say that statement is a compelte Myth and Bull.
    A charging usb data cable has the same odds of cooking your battery as the home or car charger would. There is no difference.
    what is it you do for a living??? oh, thats right...your website says you pimp data cables that charge your phone from the usb port on your computer on teh ebay. smells a little predjudiced to me.

    do your cables have a regulater of some kind taking that 12v from the usb down to the phone speced 3v, and forcing the motherboard to feed a steady wattage? usb specs say that it is completly possible to do without some kind of external regulation, but would take software at the device level, either on the phone or in the computer.

    and on that note, car charges are not good either. they are for "emergency use only" because they dont drop the 12v from your car's electrical down to the proper level for the phone. dont believe me? call sprint and ask them what can happen if you use them all the time


    like i also said to the person who said he bought one with a charger in it, they will do fine as long as the phone is completly charged when you start...

    last time i checked, my wall charger had a regulator that stepped the 120vac in my house down to 3vdc...at least that is what the wart on the wall said.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjunky
    What is the error, I'll try to correct it.
    Can someone send skyjunky the problem withe the contentinfo problem when you upload the .jar files through ringtones. Thanks.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    question about bitpim and PM225

    Just read through the thread and tried Bitpim out - keep getting an exception whenever I try to get/put data from/to the phone, using 0.8.08-official build with a hardware 1.0 firmware v12 phone.

    I can browse the file system just fine, so I know the connection's working. Any ideas what's up?

    Here's a link to the text of the exception , as it's rather long and didn't want to flood the page. Thanks!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just an update since forum isn't letting me edit my initial post for some reason...
    I got a friend with a 225 to come over and tried his phone on my computer with the same cable and copy of bitpim.

    It worked fine.

    Both phones are v1.0, v12 firmware - only difference is mine's red and his is silver. Mine continues to cause an exception whenever I try to do anything, though

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in a van by the river
    Posts
    47
    Device(s)
    hitachi sh-g1000
    Carrier(s)
    Sprextel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Adidas7DJ
    Can someone send skyjunky the problem withe the contentinfo problem when you upload the .jar files through ringtones. Thanks.
    i just tried to upload a generic java game to my phone using the ringer method and it worked...same game last week wouldn't...very wierd but have a go and let us know if it works for you.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by just2search
    i just tried to upload a generic java game to my phone using the ringer method and it worked...same game last week wouldn't...very wierd but have a go and let us know if it works for you.
    how do you upload it through ringers. Mine always want to convert the file i try to add. also do you just add the .jar file or the .jad file with the program? thanks

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in a van by the river
    Posts
    47
    Device(s)
    hitachi sh-g1000
    Carrier(s)
    Sprextel
    Feedback Score
    0
    try holding shift while you click "add." it should work but you may have to change the file type filter in the "open" dialog

    just do the jar, bitpim will create an appropriate jad

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in a van by the river
    Posts
    47
    Device(s)
    hitachi sh-g1000
    Carrier(s)
    Sprextel
    Feedback Score
    0

    more codes...now wth are they good for???

    more verified codes...remember you can get you service code using bitpim in the filesystem view. /nvm/nvm/ and hexdump nvm_0000. the code you need is the first 6 digit one.

    ##477# GPS MENU
    ##786# USAGE INFO
    ##3282# 3GDATA
    ##2769737# BROWSER SETUP (SERVICE CODE REQUIRED) i think this is the one all you free internet people want
    ##889# TTY MODE
    ##2342# CDG2/SERVICE (SERVICE CODE REQUIRED) DO NOT USE THE -EFS CLEAR- ENTRY, IT WILL HOSE YOUR PHONE BACK TO "NEVER ACTIVATED" STATUS
    ##7738# MOB_P_PREV (SERVICE CODE REQUIRED)
    ##2539# AKEY INPUT (SERVICE CODE REQUIRED)
    ##8626337# VOCODER SELECT

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    261
    Device(s)
    vx8100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cazla
    Just an update since forum isn't letting me edit my initial post for some reason...
    I got a friend with a 225 to come over and tried his phone on my computer with the same cable and copy of bitpim.

    It worked fine.

    Both phones are v1.0, v12 firmware - only difference is mine's red and his is silver. Mine continues to cause an exception whenever I try to do anything, though
    Your phone is missing a file and it is messing up bitpim which expects it. In the next release I'll fix this so that the file does not have to be there.
    Until then you can create this yourself and add to the phone's filesystem.
    Create an empty file on your PC called "contentInfo". Copy it to your phone in the "ams" directory.
    Make sure you copy the name exactly, the phone is case senitive for file names.
    You should then be able to run bitpim.
    If you don't want to edit the filesystem send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll tell you where you can find a test version that has a fix.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks