Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rogers IS Literally stupid I hate them

Device(s)
    BlackBerry xxxxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless, duh
    Feedback Score

Rogers IS Literally stupid I hate them

Ok here's my story.... I live in North Ajax (Durham) and usually I get no reception here..... I hated it so much. I couldn't talk at all because it kept on dropping the calls.

Well today I came home from work and it was giving mi full reception... I was SO happy I couldn’t tell you. You must be thinking why I am so mad at Rogers. It seemed too good to be true. I was so happy, that I called up a friend in Toronto. It is usually a local call from here in Ajax. I call that area almost everyday from my cell at home. I get a message saying "The # you have dialled IS long distance, please hold and we will complete your call". I WAS LIKE WHAT THE HELL!!! Are they gone insane? I tried to call Pickering (5 minutes away from Ajax) and its like the # you have called is long distance!!! I was so mad, so i called them up. Their csr is closed due to an effort to be fair to their employees and give them a day off. So I am like ok good thing there is the emergency line. I called them and they are like "I am sorry (they are REALLLY quick in apologizing) but I cannot do anything. She said that their might be a new tower put up in my area which is making everything long distance. She said she will credit any local calls that are being charged as Long distance. So I am like ok, what about the ppl who r trying to call mi, Do they have to pay a long distance charge... She's like yes and we cannot do anything about that... I AM SOO MAD. Can any csr help mi with this problem... it’s like paying more for a better reception... I AM SOO MAD....

Feedback Score
    CS was open today until 6 pm. Is it possiblt that you used 7 digit dialing? That would tell you that it's ld whether it is or not. If you did use 10 digit dialing and it still said that, than it is probably a network error. Rogers will likely have it resolved shorthly and as that rep advised you, they would be more than happy to credit you for any ld charged in your local area. As far as people calling you, it would be up to their provider whether or not they will be charged ld. If you have a phone number that is normally local to them than it would still be local unless their provider is having problems from their end.

There is also the possibility that before you were being picked up by a distant tower which was local to toronto but the new tower that's up just happens to be outside of the local calling area.

The thing I don't understand is how you determined that Rogers is stupid from this situation (well besides the rep saying that the other party would have to pay ld calling you)
    Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    how does the other party pay for the call?
    doesnt your phone# stay the same event hough they put a new tower up?

CSR is incorrect, YOU would have to pay for the LD counted as a "outside local home area call". the system will think your out of your calling area and charge you roaming for that.

but that would be quite annoying calling CSR every month to have a credit.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    me is spelt ME, not MI, you did it 3 times. Like ok?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry xxxxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless, duh
    Feedback Score
    calm down appleman..... so what if i spell me like mi??latez

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Appleman
    me is spelt ME, not MI, you did it 3 times. Like ok?
    And how did that solve his problem? Calm down there buddy, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't post.
    O_ssie, I think you might be screwed making calls fromy oru house.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3220b
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Heero Yuy
    CS was open today until 6 pm. Is it possiblt that you used 7 digit dialing? That would tell you that it's ld whether it is or not. If you did use 10 digit dialing and it still said that, than it is probably a network error. ... The thing I don't understand is how you determined that Rogers is stupid from this situation (well besides the rep saying that the other party would have to pay ld calling you)
    Here's an Idea!!!

Why don't you make your home calling area the next city over? For example, I live in Stoney Creek, the next city over is Hamilton; and most of my friends live in Burlington... so ... From Stoney Creek to Burlington it's ld, from Hamilton to Burlington it's local.... i always call my friends in Burlington but I had Rogers set me up with Hamilton being my local calling area that way calls to both Stoney Creek and Hamilton are LOCAL! Follow what I'm saying? (Just read it back to myself and didn't make the perfect sense... but it's the best i can do!)

My little makeshift diagram:

Last edited by crazyguytom; 12-25-2002 at 09:16 AM.
    Oxymoron: "Government Organization"

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Yes, cause I was just oh so excited about it. It's really annoying reading someone's post who talks like they're 12.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry xxxxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless, duh
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by crazyguytom
    Here's an Idea!!!

Why don't you make your home calling area the next city over? For example, I live in Stoney Creek, the next city over is Hamilton; and most of my friends live in Burlington... so ... From Stoney Creek to Burlington it's ld, from Hamilton to Burlington it's local.... i always call my friends in Burlington but I had Rogers set me up with Hamilton being my local calling area that way calls to both Stoney Creek and Hamilton are LOCAL! Follow what I'm saying? (Just read it back to myself and didn't make the perfect sense... but it's the best i can do!)

My little makeshift diagram:

Yea that’s the thing. That is what I had before. I live in Ajax. When my phone picks up an Ajax Tower ALL the cities I call is local and nothing LD. However, what's happening is that my cell is picking up a tower from the city east of me (Whitby, where everything is Ld, like Toronto Pickering, Scarb, except for Ajax). That is why everything is Long Distance. . Whitby tower is closer to my house geographically so the phone picks that up.
    Ajax’s towers are pretty far from my house. I live in North Ajax and there is one in South and like one REALLY REALLY HIGH, so Whitby is where my phone goes to for reception.

Device(s)
    BB9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Two things

A) If someone calls you why would they pay long distance because u are technically outside of your local calling area? no one would notice. U would, however, be charged LD for this calls same as if u were in Montreal, Vancouver or anywhere else outside of your LCA and recieved a call.

B) Since the tower is new then obviously this is a billing error that should be addressed shortly. If its too much of a bother to you (as it appears to be, judging by the frantic tone of your post) than here is a simple solution. DONT USE THE PHONE THERE. u couldnt use it before when there was no signal, so u've waited this long whats a few more days?
    Yo pensé que tú sabías...

Feedback Score
    There is a posibility that the cell tower has not been fine tuned yet. Towers which are allong the borderline always makes it difficult to determine the local calling areas, and long distance calling areas. Its safe to assume that in time, The issues will be corrected, Its probaly just a matter of time.

Device(s)
    W380a
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    just call forward to your home phone

Feedback Score
    Not a good idea. Call forwarding has a smaller local calling area than the cell phone without forwarding.

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As long as they agreed to credit your long distance, dont fret it. If it takes a few months to fix, then call them again to remind them and see whats up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast