Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HP Smartphone in the wild! First pics??

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (old Cingular customer)
    Feedback Score
    Wow. If T-mobile startes to have a smartphone line like this in a year I think I might switch from Cingular when my contract is done. I will have to wait for cingular to see what they do. I have to say that is a very sweet phone.

Device(s)
    iMate SP5
    Carrier(s)
    Optus
    Feedback Score
    I'm very very convinced this is a HTC. The design is very classic HTC, although HP would have customised the interface further. I would love to own this phone too!

Device(s)
    cingular 3125
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    yea, looks cool...it might actually convince me to go back to a candybar if it comes out w/ wifi, edge, minisd, and bluetooth, and looks to only be a tad larger than the SMT5600...but, i've grown to love my MPx220, gonna be hard to switch...

Chris

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Gah. Looks amazing. Once again I hate being with smartphone-less verizon...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega2008
    This must be the one that T-Mobile USA is going to release. Thats pretty cool looking. Looks better than the 2125 and it has Wi-fi.....shame on Cingular.

It doesn't look like the HTC Tornado but if could be a varient of it. Take a look at the keypad on the SP5 then on rw4500...they look different but I am thinking that is a Tornado varient.
    It's the European version of the new T-Mobile smartphone. However, the version for T-Mobile USA has a hump like the one in Cingular's phone. On the plus side, it does have WiFi.

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cinguliano
    It's the European version of the new T-Mobile smartphone. However, the version for T-Mobile USA has a hump like the one in Cingular's phone. On the plus side, it does have WiFi.
    Euro version of the smartphone? Please explain.

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This must be the one that T-Mobile USA is going to release. Thats pretty cool looking. Looks better than the 2125 and it has Wi-fi.....shame on Cingular.
    Why does it have to be the one for the USA?

It doesn't look like the HTC Tornado but if could be a varient of it. Take a look at the keypad on the SP5 then on rw4500...they look different but I am thinking that is a Tornado varient.
    Nah, doesn't look like the Tornado at all....

Three Rivers, Massachusetts, United States
    Device(s)
    Samsung Focus Windows Phone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless - 3G FINALLY
    Feedback Score
    Looks very HTCistic to me! The inards and bottom connects are very similar to my SMT5600. In fact, the 2.5mm external mic/headphones and power/USB connector are identical, as best I can tell from here.

Wow, looks like a nice rig!!
    Last edited by mobilegruven; 12-11-2005 at 08:07 AM.

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I thought the T-Mobiles euro version was going to be the SDA II, I thought it was going to be the SP5m, just not called that though.
    Omega2008 | Windows Mobile Guru

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by floepie
    Euro version of the smartphone? Please explain.
    I'm talking about the link to the German site with the T-Mobile SDA II, which is a version of the music HTC Tornado/I-mate SP5m. T-Mobile is going to release the SDA II phone in the US, but with an extended antenna (aka. hump).

The iPAQ smartphone, looks to me like some version of the non-music HTC Tornado, aka I-mate SP5.

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well the OP said that it was a Prototype. A few scenarios come to mind. First, T-Mobile could have intially wanted to carry this device but decided to go with the SP5m model for reasons that I don't know. Second, T-Mobile could be droping the SP5m (SDA II) and will carry the HP Smartphone, why I don't know its all speculation. Last, T-Mobile may have two smartphones to offer, the SDA II and this HP Smartphone. I am not sure but all of these and many other scenarios are possiable. The fact is that until we have more information about this device we can only speculate. But its fun to guess! haha.

Feedback Score
    Well the OP said that it was a Prototype. A few scenarios come to mind. First, T-Mobile could have intially wanted to carry this device but decided to go with the SP5m model for reasons that I don't know.
    This is indeed the case. - Tmo will apparently be carrying the "media" version of this phone instead of the iPAQ branded model. Whether or not it will include WiFi remains to be seen; I personally would be surprised, but if any operator will leave it in, Tmo would be the one (:@ cingular)

Yes, this is an HTC phone, and no, it will not be produced.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x34
    and no, it will not be produced.

dangit... i really liked this one

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x34
    This is indeed the case. - Tmo will apparently be carrying the "media" version of this phone instead of the iPAQ branded model. Whether or not it will include WiFi remains to be seen; I personally would be surprised, but if any operator will leave it in, Tmo would be the one (:@ cingular)

Yes, this is an HTC phone, and no, it will not be produced.

That sucks, cause this phone was really sweet. If you don't mind me asking, how do you know? You just want us to take your word on it?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I want it!
    Patrick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast