Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Rogers GPRS setting.. got it through a friend... I tried but it didn't work..

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score

Rogers GPRS setting.. got it through a friend... I tried but it didn't work..

Here is a setting my friend told me... I tried it on my T39 but it didn't work.. may be you guys have better luck then I do.. let me know if it work on your phone!

APN: goam.com
    IP: 208.200.067.150
    User: wapuser1
    Pass: wap

Device(s)
    T68
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Username and password looks ok, as if I enter different password it gives "failed", otherwise I receive a communication error (sent bytes is around 2K, received bytes 0). This suggests APN is correct, but possibly gateway is wrong. We need to find the gateway IP

PalMop
    Last edited by PalMop; 11-19-2001 at 09:51 PM.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Talking

Hi Guyz...

I'm using Rogers GSM Network on V66. And i sucessfully setup the WAP on my phone

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8703
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Mazel Tov dude! But that doesn't help us poor T68 users one bit!

Anyone else have any success getting this to work?

-J

Device(s)
    SE T637
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Denden
    Hi Guyz...

I'm using Rogers GSM Network on V66. And i sucessfully setup the WAP on my phone
    Ha Denden, how is your V66 reception on Rogers GSM? I'm debating to get V66 or T39m.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Talking

I very happy using V66 on the Rogers GSM network. First of all, i'm using Fido GSM on this phone, but the receiption is so bad. (Drop call, always no signal in some area.) But on Rogers GSM, i didn't get any problem with it.

I know there's a lot of people complaint about this phone. But seems no one is using these phone on the other network and test it out. When i brought this phone in HK, the signal bar is always full and good voice quaility. But for sure you can't compare the network from Asia with North America.

Anywayz, if you really want a small phone. I totally recommanded the V66 then the V60.

You said you want to choose either V66 or T39. hmm.. i will said go for V66. And if you have more money, get the T68 instead of T39.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Denden
    I very happy using V66 on the Rogers GSM network. First of all, i'm using Fido GSM on this phone, but the receiption is so bad. (Drop call, always no signal in some area.) But on Rogers GSM, i didn't get any problem with it.

I know there's a lot of people complaint about this phone. But seems no one is using these phone on the other network and test it out. When i brought this phone in HK, the signal bar is always full and good voice quaility. But for sure you can't compare the network from Asia with North America.

Anywayz, if you really want a small phone. I totally recommanded the V66 then the V60.

You said you want to choose either V66 or T39. hmm.. i will said go for V66. And if you have more money, get the T68 instead of T39.

Thanks.
    Do you mind tell us how you able to set it up? Or you mean you able to get it work with those settings I just provided?

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    i got on my GPRS for a bit. i don't know how to surf though. it's so new to me! i never WAP'ed before. anyone help?

i notice my GPRS goes on and off. sometimes the icon for GPRS shows as grey and then turns black sometimes. something going on or what?
    Current Plan: Koodo $48 MB/SK
    cuto's feedback
    cuto's old special RBC corp plan
    Old plan - 250 min, UL eve/we @ 6pm, UL incoming, UL SMS, R2R, CID, VM, & 100min CDN LD = $25 - $5 credit + 15% off Better Choice Bundles + SAF + 911 = $27.63/month

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Yes ClementLo.... The setting you provided is correct. Thanks man.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score
    This is what I get when I try to got to wap.yahoo.com

400 Bad Request
    Bad Request
    Your Browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Oasis: received a request from user agent Ericsson T39/-R202 UP.Link/4.3.2.4 which matches no known device. Mapping it to default device.
    Apache/1.3.6 Server at oa2.hk.yahoo.com Port 80\

It look like Rogers Network haven't setup WAP setting for my T39.. because it say it doesn't matches known devices...!! Hope they go to fix that when they start selling T39M on January!
    Last edited by CL; 11-22-2001 at 06:13 PM.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    how the hell do u use WAP? i go to like www.yahoo.com and it gives me 2 links. i don't know what to do with it. LOL

GPRS works on my R520m. i believe some places where there is low reception, GPRS doesn't work. is that correct?

oh when i go to www.msn.com, the links in that page doesn't work. when i go to www.hotmail.com, i get some errors. is there something wrong i'm doing here?

i need a crash course on this stuff...

Device(s)
    T68i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers ATT
    Feedback Score
    help! i can't seem to create a data account. i enter the APN, user name and password. then i'm prompted to 'save'...but, when i click yes, it doesn't seem to save....it just keeps prompting me...i entered the settings provided in this thread...what am i doing wrong?
    -turtle

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    got it working on my T39

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by dtmfjunkie
    got it working on my T39
    How? I can't get it to work on my...

Device(s)
    T68
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I got it worked out on my t68 as well... At times the gw may be slow, but my primary wapsite, http://mail2wap.com (to check emails) works like a charm, though Yahoo gives errors.

PalMop

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast