Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Palm Treo 650 Refurb! 139.99 on Cingular.com!

Device(s)
    Samsuishiola
    Carrier(s)
    Where's the Bar? Oh yeah.. bottom of the swamp... Cingular- unable to raise the bar
    Feedback Score
    any way for an employee to order one - even if we have to pay a little more?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h0mi
    I'm not a cingular customer so I dont know much about their plans. Can I get this with a data plan only?
    You may be able to like if you had them activate a sim card for use with a data card, however, you would not be able to get that pricing on it.

Ok, and on my story, I talked to an excellent rep (Precilla) after talking to just about every department several times and she talked to her manager and they went ahead and ordered me a NEW Treo and gave me a credit to get the pricing back to match the refurb!! I am so happy right now, but i'm still just a little pissed that it was soooooo hard to come to a solution.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    What is "grandfathered" medianet unlimited??? Cingular website currently shows medianet unlimited for 19.99 - can I get that and get the treo and be good to go????

Feedback Score
    Holy smokes, I ordered today around noon, and I have my tracking number now (it's 8:10). Unfortunately, it's not in FedEx's system, and I migrated an AT&T line to Cingular to get the deal, and in my confirmation e-mail, the phone number listed is XXX-XXX-XXXX, like they haven't issued me a number yet. But I'm sure that will take a phone call or eight to resolve.

Device(s)
    White iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    i found out i had a line that was eligible for upgrade, ordered it around 3 and it will be here tomorrow by 3... anyone have any suggestions on software to try out for it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-ball
    i found out i had a line that was eligible for upgrade, ordered it around 3 and it will be here tomorrow by 3... anyone have any suggestions on software to try out for it
    You know, I purchased this phone because it was a great deal, and it's sort of a birthday present for myself, but honestly I have no idea what I can do with it. I really wanted to get a T-Mobile Sidekick II, but hopefully this will compensate for it.

y/n?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfufan3
    You know, I purchased this phone because it was a great deal, and it's sort of a birthday present for myself, but honestly I have no idea what I can do with it. I really wanted to get a T-Mobile Sidekick II, but hopefully this will compensate for it.

y/n?

I mainly just want it for a web browser and AIM.

Device(s)
    White iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfufan3

y/n?
    i figured if i end up not liking it that much i can always sell it on ebay for profit.

Device(s)
    HTC 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    so no problems with the refurbs huh? I hope this deal is still going on when jan 1st comes around, but i doubt it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    How many minutes are on these refub phones you guys are getting??? Can you tell us?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    How many minutes are on these refub phones you guys are getting??? Can you tell us?
    I think they set them back down to 0:00

Device(s)
    Triumph
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mademan118
    so no problems with the refurbs huh? I hope this deal is still going on when jan 1st comes around, but i doubt it.
    The Treo 650 appears in new condition, however when using the browser the thing turns off after 30 seconds without activity on the screen which is very frustrating. I'm hoping to find someone who has had and solved this problem, as I'd like to avoid playing with flashing the unit, DUN is enabled for bluetooth which seems very nice.

I can report the charger, USB data cable, ear piece were all sealed. The box seemed the original box, but the seal was broken. There was a SIM inside the phone when it arrived, and after activation it took a few minutes (like 20-30) plus a reset to get it online. It was a bit frustrating, however the signal strength and overall voice quality seem improved over my old Treo 600. I'm getting more bars, and much better voice quality.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    There are several forums out there that will help you get the most out of your Treo. Mine has 1190 minutes on the lifetimer (I just got it on Monday). Some folks are reporting over 3500 minutes. There is a program called AutoOFF that will help with the 30 second default screen closure. Really, there is so much software available for the Treo its mind blowing.

My Treo
    Everything Treo
    Treo Central

I hope those links will help get ya'll started.

Feedback Score
    I'm so happy, I received my tracking number this morning, and it will be here on Thursday!

Trust me, it is the only thing that is getting me through today and tomorrow.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mine reporta a little ofer 3000 min. I could really care less though - it works like new, looks like new and has a 1 year warranty.

Software depends on what you want to do with it. With PALM there is certainly an applicaiton to do about anything you want (except a webcam that pushes the images to a webpage).

Personally I like the multimedia applications:

Pocket-Tunes: MP3 player and streaming audio player (plays m3U shoutcast streams). Graphic equalizer works great. Also works with music subscription services like Napster and Yahoo Unlimited.

TCPMP: Video player - plays manu popular formats. Pscales and plays movies and videos.

Filez: File manipulation program

MicroQuad: Quadracer game that allows bluetooth multiplayer play.

There are literally thousands of free programs out there also.

Steve

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast