Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprint to start charging upgrade fees on 11/10

Device(s)
    one with shiny buttons!
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint to start charging upgrade fees on 11/10

Just to let you guys know, it was communicated today that Sprint PCS will now be charging upgrade fees for any PCS customer upgrading phones. It will be $36 for each upgrade. Also, they will be charging an $18 activation fee for any new add-on activation to an account.

The upgrade fee is starting to be more standardized with how Nextel does upgrades. I don't know about you, but this sucks. I feel bad for everyone who is upgrading after 11/10.
    Support your local Sprint Retail Store!
    http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Um....where's your proof? I find this highly unlikely, why would they charge customers for upgrades (I take it to mean an ESN change) if they're direct competitor VZW doesn't do so when you do one online?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Um....where's your proof? I find this highly unlikely, why would they charge customers for upgrades (I take it to mean an ESN change) if they're direct competitor VZW doesn't do so when you do one online?

Considering you can't do an ESN change online w/ Sprint, I don't see how, or why they would. Would this affect those who like to swap phones every other day (like me) , haha..

I know with VZ you could do it online. I hope SPCS doesn't do it for those who do ESN changes, to swap between phones they've had active before.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    false, just talked to my direct sprint rep. about it.

Feedback Score
    nickel and dime, nickel and dime.

Device(s)
    one with shiny buttons!
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Its in the Holiday playbook that was just posted to the sales portal sites for sprint and nextel employees. It is not false or made up. I wouldn't waste anyone's time with this, trust me. I can't really post the document since its for internal use only, but any sprint employee will be able to verify what I said quite easily.

Also, this will not apply to CDMA-to-IDEN or IDEN-to-CDMA upgrades and it will not apply to anyone who activates an old ESN in a store or through customer care. This is just for CDMA-to-CDMA upgrades when a new phone is purchased. I have no idea if they will have this fee thru telesales. If they are adopting Nextel's way of doing it, they will charge $15 thru telesales or sprint.com (if they ever start doing upgrades online).
    Last edited by Next Steps; 11-03-2005 at 07:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    As I believe Next Steps because his info has been accurate I think Sprint is starting to act like Verizon and feeing us to death. Sprint despertately needs to go with RIMM. So we don't have to use up there precious CS 's time. That's what were paying for. CS time.

Device(s)
    one with shiny buttons!
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If you guys want some GOOD news, they are gonna start some new F&F Family plans and one will be $59.99 400 mins. The others are:

$89.99 for 1500
    $109.99 for 2200
    $149.99 for 3000

The overages is $5 for 50 mins like the other new F&F were. The $69.99 will still be there, but the $114.99 2500 min plan will be gone effectice 11/10.

Also, CDMA will be getting a unlimited plan for $199.99, but no data options will be included. And this will not be a shared plan either.

Device(s)
    Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Steps
    This is just for CDMA-to-CDMA upgrades when a new phone is purchased.
    So this only applies to new phones, and not refurbished phones (e.g., received from BB or CC service plans) or used phones (e.g., purchased on eBay)?

I wonder whether Costco will protect its customers from such idiocy by giving us a compensating credit?

Of course, the overarching question is, Why? Does Sprint really hate new phones that much? Or is Sprint attempting to compensate itself for its own idiotic incompetence (inability to swap ESNs online or OTA, and consequent need for operator intervention)? I am always annoyed when a company actually makes its customers pay for the company's own inefficient incompetence.

Device(s)
    one with shiny buttons!
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Here is word for word what they say:

WHY?
    > This fee allows Sprint to continue with offering valued customers a more liberal and competitive
    handset upgrade program.
    > Recently Sprint decided to offer existing customers the same benefits that new customers receive
    in terms of obtaining new devices at discount prices, with the discount occurring instantly at the
    time of purchase.
    > An activation fee is also charged to new customers. The activation fee for upgrading customers,
    like the activation fee for new customers, offsets the additional costs associated with the upgrade
    transition (transaction processing, logistics, phone set-up, etc.).
    > The fee brings alignment between the processes and policies for pre-merger Sprint and premerger
    Nextel.

Feedback Score
    wow, how ****ing ridiculous.....so their plan is to come "in alignment" with either companies policy that had a fee? Give me a break.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before all the happy glow of this merger wore off and the real ****ing truths came out. This new company will end up being the worst of both former companies.

Their new motto should be "Yes You Can....For a Fee"

****ers.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Steps
    If you guys want some GOOD news, they are gonna start some new F&F Family plans and one will be $59.99 400 mins.
    That's a bit pricey... $70 for 800AT (2-line), but $60 for 400AT ???? It needs to be $50 for 400AT (2-line).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So, will this affect those who swap phones on a regular basis? Will there be a charge each time it's done, or will it be simply for those activating a "new" (never been on their account before) phone?

I swap between my 5600 and 4500 every so often, and if it's going to boil down to 15 bucks each time I do so, then guess it's time to sell one off, and use the other permanently.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller
    I knew it would only be a matter of time before all the happy glow of this merger wore off and the real ****ing truths came out. This new company will end up being the worst of both former companies.
    It has always been predicted, by nearly everyone, that the result of this merger would be higher prices, at least for Sprint customers, and probably for the market as a whole.

Device(s)
    a900: transflash is nice, but for the size i can deal...
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-7400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0 UP.Link/6.4.0.5)

Quote Originally Posted by inteller
    wow, how ****ing ridiculous.....so their plan is to come "in alignment" with either companies policy that had a fee? Give me a break.

Their new motto should be "Yes You Can....For a Fee"

****ers.
    chill...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast