Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: nTelos Coverage

Device(s)
    Motorola V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AirTango
    I can tell you that coverage in the last year has been expanded inthat area. you can try and ask one of the stores if they have a demo line for you to test.
    Thanks, I'll call and ask... but I don't think there's a store in Williamsburg, I'll have to call Newport News. If anyone else has specific experience, especially in Williamsburg, I'd appreciate hearing about it!
    Go Hokies!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kommercial
    Basically, the customer needed to contact us and let us know the problem. It is very unlikely we come across an issue we cannot resolve.
    My current issue w/nTelos is that I was travelling to the Washington DC area twice recently and incoming calls wouldnt work. Even though I had booming signal stength, nTelos couldnt get a call to me. Now I have strong doubts about their roaming capabilities. I paid for the 600 minute National plan, but when I'm on the "national" network, it doesnt work properly. I missed 5 calls and got no missed call notifications, no voice mail notifications, nada. I could make outgoing calls and called customer service both times - I even called once from my work Verizon phone so the tech could help make sure my phone wasnt the problem, but the tech was clueless. He passed the problem over to the "roaming support guy" who called me back a day later after I left the 'problem' area. Now I dont trust the roaming system and frankly feel I wasted my $$ on a mickey mouse phone system. The last guy I talked to said " we dont guarantee that the phone will work when roaming" but they gladly take my money for the friggin "national" plan and show a big bright map of service areas on their web site. At the very least, they should have offered to credit me for the time my phone wasnt working in a MAJOR METROPOLITAN AREA. it's not like I was in podunk USA, I was in Arlington VA and Alexandria VA, the suburbs of the Capitol of the free world. UFB.

One more thing about Ntelos is that when I'm at my home (lon/lat N36 49.53 W76 11.57) about 1/10 mile from Interstate 64 in Virginia Beach, VA - Ntelos's home area - I'm lucky to get 2 bars. In my den right now I have 1 bar on my Nokia 6265i. And I dont live in a walmart!!!

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vodka_buzz
    My current issue w/nTelos is that I was travelling to the Washington DC area twice recently and incoming calls wouldnt work. Even though I had booming signal stength, nTelos couldnt get a call to me. Now I have strong doubts about their roaming capabilities. I paid for the 600 minute National plan, but when I'm on the "national" network, it doesnt work properly. I missed 5 calls and got no missed call notifications, no voice mail notifications, nada. I could make outgoing calls and called customer service both times - I even called once from my work Verizon phone so the tech could help make sure my phone wasnt the problem, but the tech was clueless. He passed the problem over to the "roaming support guy" who called me back a day later after I left the 'problem' area. Now I dont trust the roaming system and frankly feel I wasted my $$ on a mickey mouse phone system. The last guy I talked to said " we dont guarantee that the phone will work when roaming" but they gladly take my money for the friggin "national" plan and show a big bright map of service areas on their web site. At the very least, they should have offered to credit me for the time my phone wasnt working in a MAJOR METROPOLITAN AREA. it's not like I was in podunk USA, I was in Arlington VA and Alexandria VA, the suburbs of the Capitol of the free world. UFB.

One more thing about Ntelos is that when I'm at my home (lon/lat N36 49.53 W76 11.57) about 1/10 mile from Interstate 64 in Virginia Beach, VA - Ntelos's home area - I'm lucky to get 2 bars. In my den right now I have 1 bar on my Nokia 6265i. And I dont live in a walmart!!!
    Yeah, the Wal-Marts around here are really bad for signal (I'm in Norfolk). Sounds like there might be a problems between the Sprint and nTelos system. There was a thread in the Sprint forum about somebody's phone not working when they were roaming on nTelos last week, possibly 2 weeks ago by now. And nTelos is 1900 MHz around here so there signal tends to drop off fast, but I'm surprised to hear that they have a problem that close to I-64 in VA Beach.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Ntelos
    Feedback Score
    I swithced to the nationwide plan and I do a lot of traveling through Virginia/North Carolina/West Virginia/DC area and have never had a complaint.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4